Found a designated cycling lane.

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
I live in Central Massachusetts and finding a designated cycling lane is like finding a road without potholes., very rare indeed. The best part about this designated cycling lane is it's on a back road, not a main traveling road. Not complaining but maybe on a more well travel road would be better.

Do you have any designated cycling lanes in your area ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Immediate area? No.
Within easy load-the-bike-in-the-car-and-drive to them? Sure.
My wife enjoys the lack of vehicle traffic on the rails to trails paths. She wouldn't ride a bike lane, in traffic unless the vehicle count was next to zero.

Most of Cleveland's bike lanes are suicide. Maybe on a clipped bar fixie with two pistols strapped across my shoulders...

www.railstotrails.org

And Ohio puts out a couple of good cycling path maps, online and paper.

Also, clicking on the 'Bicycling' icon on the 'Menu' of Google Maps and the trails, lanes and bike paths are highlighted in green.

Living in Northern Virginia, we are blessed with quite a few rail trails. In my local town they have just started designating bike lanes, but they end rather abruptly, and are located in places where no one really rides. The rail trail however gets me within 4 miles of work and only 1 mile from home, so I can commute very easily!