Found a "dorado" road bike with tange?

tyler1212

Apr 7, 2006
Hi guys, I bought an interesting bike just the other day. Its brand name is Dorado. It has a tange mangaloy frame, sugino, dia compe, suntour arx, araya. It is essentially the same buildup of the common names from the 80's, but I've never heard of Dorado and couldn't find it online. Out of curiosity does anyone remember this name? Its an odd bike as the top tube is 55 cm but the standover allows only people above 6 ft to reach the pedals. Also, it must have been sitting in storage since it was made because I could not find any sign of use on any component. The bike is new, yet older than I am?! Oh yeah, paid $20.

I just bought one also and cannot find any information online. I went on a garage sale today and found this bike. It is a Dorado 600 with Tange 900 CR MO Double Button Tires. The bike was purchased in Japan ( all components are made in japan) and brought here in US. I tuned the Bike and polished the body and boy this is the best bike I've ever have. ( I owned a TREK and a Shwinn bikes ). Great buy for $14.00.