Found Post Low-Carb cereal!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Pat, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Remember the Post cereal? It came in two versions--plain and cinnamon. Well,
    I found them today, months after they have been discontinued by Post. They
    were found in a local "salvage" store. This grocery store sells railroad
    salvage, manufacturer close-outs, and food from stores going out of
    business. I also got some low carb spaghetti, lasagna, and could have
    bought some Atkins brand baking mix (but I don't like that at all). The
    Post cereal was $1 a box.

    So, if you have one of these stores in your area, give 'em a second look for
    low carb items.

    Pat in TX

    Tags:

  2. Pat wrote:
    > Remember the Post cereal? It came in two versions--plain and cinnamon. Well,
    > I found them today, months after they have been discontinued by Post. They
    > were found in a local "salvage" store. This grocery store sells railroad
    > salvage, manufacturer close-outs, and food from stores going out of
    > business. I also got some low carb spaghetti, lasagna, and could have
    > bought some Atkins brand baking mix (but I don't like that at all). The
    > Post cereal was $1 a box.
    >
    > So, if you have one of these stores in your area, give 'em a second look for
    > low carb items.
    >
    > Pat in TX

    Why eat bird food when you can have steak, or eggs, or ribs, or chicken
    wings, or pork, or fish, or lobster, or shrimp, or damned near
    anything, which will taste a whole lot better and be ten times
    healthier than any silly bird food. Cereals are fake foods. Humans did
    not evolve on cereals.

    TC

  3. Cereal is not low carb.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Remember the Post cereal? It came in two versions--plain and cinnamon.
    > Well,
    > I found them today, months after they have been discontinued by Post. They
    > were found in a local "salvage" store. This grocery store sells railroad
    > salvage, manufacturer close-outs, and food from stores going out of
    > business. I also got some low carb spaghetti, lasagna, and could have
    > bought some Atkins brand baking mix (but I don't like that at all). The
    > Post cereal was $1 a box.
    >
    > So, if you have one of these stores in your area, give 'em a second look
    > for
    > low carb items.
    >
    > Pat in TX

  4. Glassman

    Glassman Guest

    "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Remember the Post cereal? It came in two versions--plain and cinnamon.

    Well,
    > I found them today, months after they have been discontinued by Post. They
    > were found in a local "salvage" store. This grocery store sells railroad
    > salvage, manufacturer close-outs, and food from stores going out of
    > business. I also got some low carb spaghetti, lasagna, and could have
    > bought some Atkins brand baking mix (but I don't like that at all). The
    > Post cereal was $1 a box.
    >
    > So, if you have one of these stores in your area, give 'em a second look

    for
    > low carb items.
    >
    > Pat in TX

    The only Atkins product I like is the Morning Start cereal. Sometimes I
    get really tired of the regular LC stuff, and nothing beats a bowl of
    crunchy cereal with Hood milk for a great change.

    --
    "I'm not pompous and agrogant, I'm SNARKY"
    JK Sinrod