Found: Red flashing light

Joel Mayes

Guest
It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
night. Belong to anyone here?

Cheers

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
[email protected] | Affordable second hand bikes

Joel Mayes <[email protected]> wrote:
> It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
> night. Belong to anyone here?

Nope, not me.

Unless it's a really, REALLY nice one. ;-)

BTH

BT Humble said:
Joel Mayes <[email protected]> wrote:
> It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
> night. Belong to anyone here?

Nope, not me.

Unless it's a really, REALLY nice one. ;-)

Had rear Vista fall off a rider in front of me on the Moonee Ponds path about 5 years ago. Despite loud vocal attempts + ensuing chase to return it to it's rightful owner, it ended up on my bike. Unfortunately the light ended it's days when it bounced out of (another) dodgy DIY bracket and into a tram track seconds before a No. 55 mashed it into oblivion.

In article <[email protected]>, cfsmtb.2x1u60
@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com says...

> BT Humble Wrote:
> > Joel Mayes <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
> > > night. Belong to anyone here?

> > Nope, not me.
> >
> > Unless it's a really, REALLY nice one. ;-)

> Had rear Vista fall off a rider in front of me on the Moonee Ponds path
> about 5 years ago. Despite loud vocal attempts + ensuing chase to return
> it to it's rightful owner, it ended up on my bike. Unfortunately the
> light ended it's days when it bounced out of a dodgy DIY bracket and
> into a tram track seconds before a No. 55 mashed it into oblivion.

Presactly!

That was the first thought that crosed my mind. Especially at the
intersection mentioned. You're almost dead meat on a bike through there.
it's hard to believe a light would live long before being pummeled into
the asphalt!

Ray

On Sep 15, 5:43 am, Joel Mayes <[email protected]> wrote:
> It bounced off a bike crossing Nicholson and Johnston St. last
> night. Belong to anyone here?

Funny, I didn't realise you needed to light anything up whilst
flashing, though I suppose if you were to then red is an appropriate
choice.

:)

Graeme

cfsmtb wrote:
> Had rear Vista fall off a rider in front of me on the Moonee Ponds path
> about 5 years ago. Despite loud vocal attempts + ensuing chase to return
> it to it's rightful owner, it ended up on my bike. Unfortunately the
> light ended it's days when it bounced out of a dodgy DIY bracket and
> into a tram track seconds before a No. 55 mashed it into oblivion.

Oh well. Easy come, easy go. ;-)

BTH

Ray said:
That was the first thought that crosed my mind. Especially at the
intersection mentioned. You're almost dead meat on a bike through there.
it's hard to believe a light would live long before being pummeled into
the asphalt!

Which one? Crossing Abbotsford into Phlegmington Rd or that bit at Elliot Ave or further up to Meville/Brunswick Rd or Dawson/Melville or even the delights of Melville/Moreland? Ah memories ...