Found stolen/dumped bike in Surbiton nr Station ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by elyob, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. elyob

    elyob Guest

    There's a fairly stripped bike been left in my flats grounds. Saddle has
    gone. But most of the rest is still there. It looks a bit mucky, the
    previous owner probably never cleaned the gearing. I don't have a serial
    number at the moment. I'll take a cloth to it tomorrow.

    Okay. It is a gents bike. Silver. Big frame. The drop bars have been turned
    upside down.

    Anyone missing one?

    I guess I should next find the serial number and report/deliver to the local
    plod shop?

    I'm also thinking that I may be able to tidy it up and keep/sell it (after
    following the proper procedures).

    So, URC, advice please. It's been there for 2 weeks and none of the 'in same
    block' cagers blinked at it. I've now brought it in, so every 'in same
    block' cager will see it tomorrow morning.

    Tomorrow I will get the serial #, but have no place to store the bike.

    Thanks

    Nick

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    elyob wrote:
    > There's a fairly stripped bike been left in my flats grounds. Saddle has
    > gone. But most of the rest is still there. It looks a bit mucky, the
    > previous owner probably never cleaned the gearing. I don't have a serial
    > number at the moment. I'll take a cloth to it tomorrow.
    >
    > Okay. It is a gents bike. Silver. Big frame. The drop bars have been turned
    > upside down.
    >
    > Anyone missing one?
    >
    > I guess I should next find the serial number and report/deliver to the local
    > plod shop?
    >
    > I'm also thinking that I may be able to tidy it up and keep/sell it (after
    > following the proper procedures).
    >
    > So, URC, advice please. It's been there for 2 weeks and none of the 'in same
    > block' cagers blinked at it. I've now brought it in, so every 'in same
    > block' cager will see it tomorrow morning.
    >
    > Tomorrow I will get the serial #, but have no place to store the bike.

    Get the # and a photo and inform the local plod. They will record it,
    have very little interest and after a period of time you can keep it
    (after going through the official procedure.)

    ...d