Four More Years!

limerickman said:
Half the problem is that they're now looking at their maps at Manchester, Massachusetts !

Called to see the folks back home - told you that I grew up with some Jewish neighbours.
Well at one time in Dublin - they even had their own sports club (Maccabi
Carlisle, it was called).
Very popular place it was too - competed against them in the younger days.
Dances were great there - trying to chat up a Jewish girl and all their families
giving them stick for talking to us ! (I diverge).

I see the sports grounds and club house have been sold - too few Jewish people to keep it going.
Prize real estate - greenfield location in the centre of Dublin - gone for €10m.

New owners levelled it, and it's now a Health Club.

What a beaut! tears rolled, still laughing. One of the classics for me. Takes a bit of doing mi man. I've done blinders, so I've been told. It's got to be up there with MMB, and mine for Cartesian Algebraics.
Seems they all went back to Israel. I seem to have got the Israel bit in somehow. no good at this game.
How's my mate going on? Lisa Stansfield.
Jewish girls in North Manchester, friendly and decent young women, not at all wayward. Jewish girls in Israel a bit forward and liberated. Hava Tequila rarara

Henry Ford was an anti-semite.

A lot of American companies openly profitted from the Nazi's.
IBM - they provided the software which the Nazi's used to document the entire
population of Germany and the regions that they conquered.
IBM provided this support before and during the WW2.
Big Blue indeed.

Don't forget George W's grandfather Prescott Bush made substantial money from
sales to the Nazi's.

Don't also forget Du Pont, General Motors, William Randolph Hearsts publishing empire.

Ssushi said:
Wasnt it Ford who used European slave labour to build tanks thaty they sold to the Germans? Thanks soo much!
Are you asking or pontificating, if so please make yourself clear as to the facts as you understand them.

FredC said:
Are you asking or pontificating, if so please make yourself clear as to the facts as you understand them.
Neither, I'm making a statement! It happened; Ford's plants in Germany and Vichy France, Fordwerke, produced many of the cars and trucks used by the Nazis in World War II. The Ford Motor Company has denied allegations that they profited by the use of forced labor to produce tanks for the Nazis during the war, saying that Ford had lost control of the German division by that point in the war and was not responsible for its activities.

I read this years ago and verified at http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Ford-Motor-Company

Software? IBM produced the Mark 1 in 1944, its first calculator. Software would have to wait another 10 years for FORTRAN. And another 10 years for the concept of selling software.

Ssushi said:
Neither, I'm making a statement! It happened; Ford's plants in Germany and Vichy France, Fordwerke, produced many of the cars and trucks used by the Nazis in World War II. The Ford Motor Company has denied allegations that they profited by the use of forced labor to produce tanks for the Nazis during the war, saying that Ford had lost control of the German division by that point in the war and was not responsible for its activities.

I read this years ago and verified at http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Ford-Motor-Company

In that case, along with Bayer Cemicals and no doubt others, they all washed their dirty faces, and came out with clean ones to face a new commercial industrial future conveniently white washing the past. I do remember this topic being aired in courts of law as to personal damage inflictions. Most cases were settled out of court so as not expose themselves to adverse publicity. And it must be said that the claimants were aged at the time, thus the payments were relatively small in total as the majority of the afflicted were then deceased. Hypocrisy, better late than never in PR terms.

FredC said:
In that case, along with Bayer Cemicals and no doubt others, they all washed their dirty faces, and came out with clean ones to face a new commercial industrial future conveniently white washing the past. I do remember this topic being aired in courts of law as to personal damage inflictions. Most cases were settled out of court so as not expose themselves to adverse publicity. And it must be said that the claimants were aged at the time, thus the payments were relatively small in total as the majority of the afflicted were then deceased. Hypocrisy, better late than never in PR terms.
I think that there's a difference between German companies benfitting and 'Ally' companies. It's hard to maintain the moral high ground (re: posts 'you English owe the US) when you're government allowed this type of behaviour from their companies. Very hard indeed.

Ssushi said:
I think that there's a difference between German companies benfitting and 'Ally' companies. It's hard to maintain the moral high ground (re: posts 'you English owe the US) when you're government allowed this type of behaviour from their companies. Very hard indeed.
Bayer has NEVER been a US corporation. They have always been German since the esterification of salisyalic acid made them a household name. Asprin, if you didn't know.

Weisse Luft said:
Bayer has NEVER been a US corporation. They have always been German since the esterification of salisyalic acid made them a household name. Asprin, if you didn't know.
Thats my point; if Bayer did benefit they have no moral high ground to loose as Germany isnt holding the UK with the 'You owe us from WWII' card. Whereas the US does loose the moral high ground when they say 'You owe us from WWII' as they had US companies assisting the Germans because it was good business. The US can't stand and pretend to be great and right-on mates and supporters of the UK (we helped you out lads etc...) when pre-getting involved the US was supporting Germany in their war effort.

Weisse Luft said:
Software? IBM produced the Mark 1 in 1944, its first calculator. Software would have to wait another 10 years for FORTRAN. And another 10 years for the concept of selling software.

Depends on your definition of software - White ****.
Like a lot of things with you people, definitions and words are convoluted.
Words such as "security" is used as a cover to murder Palestinians.

Lest you doubt the definition of the word software - here is an extract from a book about IBM and the Nazi's

"How did IBM do this? There was no computers back then but IBM marketed a high speed, data-sorting machine, which inventoried the census and then was used as a scheduling device that carried men, women and children to their gruesome deaths. What is especially troubling, and what might make former IBM president Thomas Watson a war criminal, is that the machines were leased to the Nazi's. This meant that the company would design the Hollerith machines to comply with the wishes and needs of the buyers. The machines helped the Nazi's sort out six million Jews and then send them to their deaths. The gathering of data allowed the Nazi's to see who could be worked to death and who it would be more efficient to murder. ****** and IBM's Thomas Watson were both tyrants who allowed no dissent among..........."

I would have thought that your lot would have been happy to have seen IBM being exposed.
Perhaps not.

limerickman said:
Depends on your definition of software - White ****.
Like a lot of things with you people, definitions and words are convoluted.
Words such as "security" is used as a cover to murder Palestinians.

Lest you doubt the definition of the word software - here is an extract from a book about IBM and the Nazi's

"How did IBM do this? There was no computers back then but IBM marketed a high speed, data-sorting machine, which inventoried the census and then was used as a scheduling device that carried men, women and children to their gruesome deaths. What is especially troubling, and what might make former IBM president Thomas Watson a war criminal, is that the machines were leased to the Nazi's. This meant that the company would design the Hollerith machines to comply with the wishes and needs of the buyers. The machines helped the Nazi's sort out six million Jews and then send them to their deaths. The gathering of data allowed the Nazi's to see who could be worked to death and who it would be more efficient to murder. ****** and IBM's Thomas Watson were both tyrants who allowed no dissent among..........."

I would have thought that your lot would have been happy to have seen IBM being exposed.
Perhaps not.

If I'm not mistaken IBM also makes the guidence systems for cruise missiles - still in the killin' biz I guess. (Slightly biased as I'm writing this on my Mac)

FredC said:
Let us not forget that the Americans were selling the Germans metals and chemicals during the time before they joined in. and as Steptoe said 'Bleeding Americans, you only turned up when we were in front, and winning' How did Switzerland stay neutral with all that bunce in the banks. Answers on a pinhead please.
Please tell me when did the Allies start winning the war? Poland, France, Belgium, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Hungary, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria had all surrendered. Britain was getting pounded by the Luftwaffe and the Russians were taking a beating on the eastern front. Where are those victories that turned the war around in 1941?

FredC said:
How did Switzerland stay neutral with all that bunce in the banks. Answers on a pinhead please.

Well, honestly, CH never was neutral. Maybe politically. But my grandfather, who served in the swiss army during the war, told me that many high-ranking officers had plans ready to join the Nazis. BTW, the idea to put the star of David into passports of Jews in Germany, was a swiss one, so they knew who they have to send back at the border.
I belive that the main reason not to invade CH was that you don't burn down the house where your money is.

pomod said:
If I'm not mistaken IBM also makes the guidence systems for cruise missiles - still in the killin' biz I guess. (Slightly biased as I'm writing this on my Mac)

IBM are in the Mac business too, they have been since the PowerPC, not only in the ISA design, but also in manufacturing the chips too. ;)

Back to grim stuff :

In the late 90's Deutsche Bank decided to acquire Banker's Trust... In order for the deal to go ahead they had to bung various organisations a few $bn in war reparations AND they even built an exhibition about their involvement with the Nazi regime... I still have the limited edition watch DB distributed to BT employees (of which I was one at the time) to commorate the take-over.

To be fair to Deutsche Bank they didn't really have much of a choice when it came to approving a loan to build concentration camps. On the otherhand IBM, the Bush family etc definitely *did* have a choice about dealing with the Nazis.

Weisse Luft said:

I stand corrected. I meant IG Farben, users of slave labour and manufacturers of Zyklon-B. re: Washing dirty faces.

Bikerman2004 said:
Please tell me when did the Allies start winning the war? Poland, France, Belgium, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Hungary, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria had all surrendered. Britain was getting pounded by the Luftwaffe and the Russians were taking a beating on the eastern front. Where are those victories that turned the war around in 1941?

Well you could try the Battle of Britain air battles for a start for control of the skies.

****** figured that his invasion would divide Russia. The Bolsheviks had treated the Russian people brutally during the thirties when Stalin purged his supposed political enemies. Among such imagined enemies you can include the Estonians, Latvians and Lithuanians.
Here is the strange part. I lived in Latvia for some months and found the old hostilities over the Second Worl War remain. When ****** invaded the USSR, many Latvians felt Russia would have been better off under Nazism than under Stalin, so many sided with ******. Even to this day, the racial tension between the Latvians (who speak Latvian) and the ethnic Russians (who reside in Latvia) is a big problem for the E.U. to deal with in the future.

FredC said:
Most of what you state is reasonable and practical in basic theoretic terms. In my opinion ****** thought that the conquest of a country would result in his administrative establishment of the vainquished that they would have to fight for his cause. This pathetic attempt of expansion only partly works for obvious reasons. Pull the elastic and it will snap.

FredC said:
Well you could try the Battle of Britain air battles for a start for control of the skies.
Only control of British skies. Turn the crank harder. Your motorcar hasn't started yet.

It was considered that Britain was no match for ******'s Germany even back in those days. Basically ****** had by far the biggest army in Europe and technically a better fighting force than the USSR could hope to match. The U.S.A. was probably only an emerging superpower at the time but (the same as the USSR), came out of the war in a far better position.
However, it's true Churchill was a shrewd leader during the war years and, sure, the British spitfires had a big part to play in the final outcome.
As for Russia, the German troops probably were more disciplined and organised than the Soviet troops but they underestimated the onset of Winter and the sheer determination of the Red Army. It's said that ******'s main miscalculation was the size of the Red Army. For every 100 Soviet troops killed, 500 would be at hand to take their place.
What I do find strange, though, is the fact modern day Britain declined so much after the war. Britain's economy and military capacity used to be greater than the whole of Europe put together, whereas today it would have a hard time matching France and depends almost entirely on the U.S. for defence.

limerickman said:
What the likes of Wayneker and White **** seem to conveniently forget about
dear old Blighty (that's Britain to you, two morons) is that Britain has not been conquered or invaded in over 1,000 years !

The Germans had the brits on the backfoot between 1939-1941 and they only managed to get as far as Guernsey !
Even without the Eastern meat grinder - I think Britain would have held out
sans help from the USA.