Four years jail...

[email protected] wrote:
> platypus wrote:
>> The problem is that no-one actually enforces the law as regards these
>> violent tearaways. A case could be made for a more widespread
>> imdulgence in the much-admired coup du parapluie.

> The only word I understand in that is "parapluie", but if it's a
> manifesto pledge to make "**** in charge of an umbrella" an arrestable
> offence, you have my vote.

No, nothing like that.

--
Spam: 220207818601

[email protected] wrote:
> platypus wrote:
>> The problem is that no-one actually enforces the law as regards these
>> violent tearaways. A case could be made for a more widespread
>> imdulgence in the much-admired coup du parapluie.

> The only word I understand in that is "parapluie", but if it's a
> manifesto pledge to make "**** in charge of an umbrella" an arrestable
> offence, you have my vote.

As long as he includes a minimum height for umbrella operators.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

gbzzl wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:29:33 -0800, TOG@Toil wrote:

> > Like three or four teenagers on cycles, riding fast down the
> > (downhill sloping, quite steeply) High Street, on a busy shopping
> > Saturday?

> Safety Nazi, and a curmudgeonly hypocrite to boot. Downhill on a
> bicycle, perhaps also unknowingly with with the brake blocks inserted
> open end forward so that the rubber blocks pop out at the first
> application. Fun, fresh air and exercise, would you rather have them
> lounging around in darkened rooms, popping pills, living in a
> detached fantasy world of blood and gore computer games? Shoppers are
> subject to evolution the same as anyone else, these kids should
> receive thanks from the shoppers for keeping them mentally alert and
> sprightly enough to get out of the way. These Hunter-Gatherer
> Shoppers are honed by evolution to expect risk and danger in the
> acquisition of the necessities of life.

Heheheh, well, now you mention it. ;)

Nice one.

--
Paul - ***

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
'98 Suzuki DR 200 Djebel 'Small but perfectly formed'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'