Fox F80X vs F80RLT

Bill

Guest
I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both freakin' expensive but I can't
mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a Rock Shox.

So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no biggie? And does the clunking of the
RLC suck, or is it no biggie?

Help appreciated!

Bill

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both freakin' expensive but I
> can't mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a Rock Shox.
>
> So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no biggie? And does the clunking of
> the RLC suck, or is it no biggie?
>
> Help appreciated!
>
> Bill

I'm about to make a similar choice too. I'm also looking at the F100RLC (can change travel to 80mm
from what I understand). I'm not even sure what the difference is between that and the F80RLT. Old
Fox website was useless and new one isn't up yet.

Also, next year apparently entire Fox line will have new ProPedal valving--supposed to decrease
pedal bob. I don't want to wait tho :) You might want to look at this too:
http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/2003_front_shocks/

On 2 Jul 2003 19:18:07 -0700, [email protected] (Bill) wrote:

>I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both freakin' expensive but I can't
>mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a Rock Shox.
>
>So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no biggie? And does the clunking of
>the RLC suck, or is it no biggie?
>
>Help appreciated!
>
>Bill

I have the 100RLC and I too was having to decide between the Terralogic model or not. I ultimately
decided to go with the RLC mainly because I wanted the choice of decide when to lock it out or not.
Also with the RLC's adjustable lockout blowoff threshold you could almost replicate the terralogic
effect by setting it very light. I don't run it that way however.

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Bill wrote:
> I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both freakin' expensive but I
> can't mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a Rock Shox.
>
> So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no biggie? And does the clunking of
> the RLC suck, or is it no biggie?
>
> Help appreciated!
>
> Bill

I just mounted an RLC 100 and have been very impressed. I've only had it for a week but have put 6
rides on it, here's my mini review:

Overall I am lovin it; plush, stiff, easily adjustable...what else is there? The most impressive pro
about it is the stiffness. Oh so very stiff. Noticeably better than my old bomber, from back when
the arch was removable.

Minor cons: I like the lockout because it actually just ramps up the compression damping real high
leaving just enough suspension to smooth things out, but not enough to rob energy. The only problem
I've found is that since there is a little action I find myself forgetting that it's locked. Also,
when locked out, the sharpish knob is pointing directly at my knee. I'll probably never hit it but
it makes me ever so slightly uneasy.

Noise; no knocking yet. The squish is a little louder than I'm used to but not enough to be
noticeable.

"Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 2 Jul 2003 19:18:07 -0700, [email protected] (Bill) wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both freakin' expensive but I
> >can't mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a Rock Shox.
> >
> >So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no biggie? And does the clunking of
> >the RLC suck, or is it no biggie?
> >
> >Help appreciated!
> >
> >Bill
>
> I have the 100RLC and I too was having to decide between the Terralogic model or not. I ultimately
> decided to go with the RLC mainly because I wanted the choice of decide when to lock it out or
> not. Also with the RLC's adjustable lockout blowoff threshold you could almost replicate the
> terralogic effect by setting it very light. I don't run it that way however.
>
> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

Not quite - you could still activate it with your bodyweight. The terralogic uses a kind of floating
lockout, where if the "brassmass" is moved out of the way because the fork itself moves, then the
fork will activate. However, input from above won't do a damn thing to move it, so the fork stays
locked out.

Jon Bond