Fox Float problem

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote
> > On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 18:10:15 GMT, "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >I have a Fox Float RL on my bike, and it is leaking air. It will
obviously
> > >have to be serviced. Meanwhile I will have to buy another shock to be
able
> > >to bike. Now, my question, will any standard Fox Float do or will it
have to
> > >be a particular one adapted somehow to my bike, a Titus Switchblade.
> > >
> > >Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html
>
> Actually it probably needed to be serviced and now it needs to be repaired. You should take it
> apart at least once a season to clean and lube the large o-ring on the cylinder. Now that o-ring
> probably needs to be replaed, if so it's a 10 minute job.
> --
> _________________________
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

Or not. I have been running a Fox Float R since 1999 without opening it. I only wipe it clean after
every ride. I do not use a shock boot either. Leaks nothings, I only check the pressure once a
month. Maybe I'm just lucky, but this shock has worked like a dream all years. Knock on wood...

/Leo - 150lbs, Marin Mount Vision -99

> obviously
> able
> have to

> > Actually it probably needed to be serviced and now it needs to be repaired. You should take it
> > apart at least once a season to clean and lube the large o-ring on the cylinder. Now that o-ring
> > probably needs to be replaed, if so it's a 10 minute job.
> > --
> > _________________________
> > Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com
>
> Or not. I have been running a Fox Float R since 1999 without opening it. I only wipe it clean
> after every ride. I do not use a shock boot either. Leaks nothings, I only check the pressure once
> a month. Maybe I'm just lucky, but this shock has worked like a dream all years. Knock on wood...

Those shock boots do little more than hold the dirt in and rub the coating off anyway. You are
lucky, lucky you are 150lbs. :)

--

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 01:02:25 GMT, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>

>Peace, Bill!
>
>Bill "it's just who I am" S.

"ah", said the blind man, "now I see".