Fox Float -- Triad Question

TBF::.

Guest
"Goodoz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Last week after a ride, I was chatting with a guy at the local track
> parking
> lot who had the same rear shock as me...The Fox Floater. He asked me if I
> was maintaining the shock. I asked what he meant and he said that he was
> having to tear his unit open and lube the internal components after ever
> three or four rides (or so). Or else, he lost compression.
>
> I hadn't experienced the need (yet---relatively new shock...maybe 20 rides
> on it), so I asked a rep from my LBS. She said that should only be done
> by
> the factory, and, only after a problem.
>
> Is anyone experiencing problems with their Fox Float rear shock?
>
> Goodoz

Riding mine for over a year without need to rebuild it.

Last week after a ride, I was chatting with a guy at the local track parking
lot who had the same rear shock as me...The Fox Floater. He asked me if I
was maintaining the shock. I asked what he meant and he said that he was
having to tear his unit open and lube the internal components after ever
three or four rides (or so). Or else, he lost compression.

I hadn't experienced the need (yet---relatively new shock...maybe 20 rides
on it), so I asked a rep from my LBS. She said that should only be done by
the factory, and, only after a problem.

Is anyone experiencing problems with their Fox Float rear shock?

Goodoz

I have a Fox Pro Pedal shock on my bike and lose compression regularly. I
pump it up to around 150 psi at least once a week and it generally loses
about 1/3 of this over the two rides I do during this time.
I would not tear it down though due to high pressure components etc. which
Fox say need to be factory sealed, though if your mate does it I may take a
look. Anyone got any tips on how (not) to do it?

This is one problem of buying bikes abroad ( see looking for referral post),
you cannot pop it back to the shop if something goes wrong.

Happy pumping
DJ

..
"Goodoz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Last week after a ride, I was chatting with a guy at the local track

parking
> lot who had the same rear shock as me...The Fox Floater. He asked me if I
> was maintaining the shock. I asked what he meant and he said that he was
> having to tear his unit open and lube the internal components after ever
> three or four rides (or so). Or else, he lost compression.
>
> I hadn't experienced the need (yet---relatively new shock...maybe 20 rides
> on it), so I asked a rep from my LBS. She said that should only be done

by
> the factory, and, only after a problem.
>
> Is anyone experiencing problems with their Fox Float rear shock?
>
> Goodoz

Fox will sell you an air sleeve seal & O ring maintenance kit.

You can order it at 1-800-369-7469.

The how to movies are on their website.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted

"DJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a Fox Pro Pedal shock on my bike and lose compression regularly. I
> pump it up to around 150 psi at least once a week and it generally loses
> about 1/3 of this over the two rides I do during this time.
> I would not tear it down though due to high pressure components etc.

which
> Fox say need to be factory sealed, though if your mate does it I may take

> look. Anyone got any tips on how (not) to do it?
>
> This is one problem of buying bikes abroad ( see looking for referral

post),
> you cannot pop it back to the shop if something goes wrong.
>
> Happy pumping
> DJ

The person I spoke with said his problem occurred after he let the shock
bottom out a few times. Again, my LBS tells me this is ok. I'm just
keeping mine pumped up (before each ride). And, so far, I'm only losing 5
or 10 lbs of pressure per ride.

Goodoz

> > Is anyone experiencing problems with their Fox Float rear shock?
> >
> > Goodoz
> >

> Riding mine for over a year without need to rebuild it.

That's good to hear...I can't afford another one!

Goodoz