Fox Racing Shox

zach

Nov 1, 2003
Hey,
I'm interested in the Fox Racing Shox model RLC125... do any of you guys think it's worth the money? I ride a 99' G.T. arrowhead bike, and the suspension it has on it now sucks bigtime. do you think it is worth the money to buy the Fox or would you suggest another suspension?

Originally posted by zach
Hey,
I'm interested in the Fox Racing Shox model RLC125... do any of you guys think it's worth the money? I ride a 99' G.T. arrowhead bike, and the suspension it has on it now sucks bigtime. do you think it is worth the money to buy the Fox or would you suggest another suspension?

Yes definately a nice shock. However it's 125mm travel fork. Your bike is not designed for 125mm travel forks, its probably designed around 80mm or so. The fork will be so tall that the headtube angle will be very slack and steering will be very sloppy. It will also put more stress on the headtube which coulde cause it to crack. Look for an 80mm version of the Float, at the very most you might get away with a 100mm RLC. You can also consider the TALAS which is fully adjustable anywhere bewtween 80-125mm but its more expensive.

Yeah. I was looking at the TALAS fork but its so much money for an 80mm but also its technology is pretty good even compared to the other fox shox forx