>> Ed Pirrero wrote:

>>> Weak. Try harder.

>> I did. There was no pleasing that fat ho.
>>
>> Bill "better?" S.

> A little. The fact that I don't have a sister kind of takes away from
> it a bit. Shoulda used my mother instead (rimshot.wav, in advance.)

Nah. Those institutionalized for acute offspring letdown should be left in
peace.

:-D

Still no answers, huh? It figures...

Wipe the drool off your mouth, little Jerome.

Mark wrote:
> Still no answers, huh? It figures...

Actually it doesn't figure, being that you professed to be more adept
at computers than I and can't seem to be able to use Google to find
your answers.

JD

I am perfectly capable of using Google proficiently, but why should I
have to do that? You're here. Answer, Jerome!

Mark wrote:
> I am perfectly capable of using Google proficiently, but why should I
> have to do that?

Because I deemed it so. Now go **** up some other rope.

JD

Jerome ain't gonna answer if Jerome don't wanna answer. Have fun.

Mark,

How are your Kona's spokes holding up? Other components?

Sorni wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > Sorni wrote:

> >> I did. There was no pleasing that fat ho.
> >>
> >> Bill "better?" S.

> > A little. The fact that I don't have a sister kind of takes away from
> > it a bit. Shoulda used my mother instead (rimshot.wav, in advance.)

> Nah. Those institutionalized for acute offspring letdown should be left in
> peace.

Keep going - I'll tell you when it's funny.

R-A-L has low standards, obviously.

When you graduate from grade-school retorts, give a shout.

E.P.

Mark wrote:
> I am perfectly capable of using Google proficiently, but why should I
> have to do that?

To prove you're not a lazy idiot?

Just a guess.

E.P.

I don't know, Ed. Prove to me that you're not a little punk, and I'll
think about proving I'm not a lazy idiot.

On 2006-01-24, dirtdude <[email protected]> wrote:
> I must admit I am rather curious as to what some of JDs answers might
> be to Marks questions. It appears that his questions were honest.
> Perhaps JD knows something we don't know or perhaps his hatred of kona
> is unfounded. Just curious because a friend has been looking at a Kona.

Some of the points JD has made in the past about Kona making
sneaky savings on componentry eg cheap & junky bottom brackets- not the
sort of things you can easily check - are true, or are least were true
of my Kona. It's a nice frame which rides well though and I've had a
load of fun riding it.

The crappy looking bottom bracket is now in another bike and
has been good for about 5k miles so far & is still going.

I quite often service bikes for people at work and the cheap
hidden componentry accusation has been true of nearly all the mid-range
bikes I've worked on.

--
Tim.

[email protected]

Mark wrote:
> I don't know, Ed. Prove to me that you're not a little punk, and I'll
> think about proving I'm not a lazy idiot.

You've already proven that you're both, so I guess we're done here.

Well, *you* are, at least.

Tell you what - next time you're in N. Idaho, give me a shout. Then
you can see for yourself, hmmm?

E.P.

Yes, Ed, I am done with you and the rest JD's little punk *****
followers. I came for specific advice, and all I ended up getting were
opinions like "Eww, you have a Kona. I hate your bike." And then
interjections from the cronies, which were the equivalent of "yeah,
what he said. All hail JD!" That's great. You're all really swell.
Thanks to the few who actually offered to help. I appreciate it. And
to the rest, have fun, and enjoy your little sorority.

Mark wrote:
> Yes, Ed, I am done

Dewd, I knew that after your first whiney post.

But hey, you got exactly the advice you paid for.

Worth every penny...

E.P.

Mark wrote:
> Yes, Ed, I am done with you and the rest JD's little punk *****
> followers. I came for specific advice, and all I ended up getting were
> opinions like "Eww, you have a Kona. I hate your bike." And then
> interjections from the cronies, which were the equivalent of "yeah,
> what he said. All hail JD!" That's great. You're all really swell.
> Thanks to the few who actually offered to help. I appreciate it. And
> to the rest, have fun, and enjoy your little sorority.

Welcome to the Usenet.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks to the few who actually offered to help. I appreciate it. And
> to the rest, have fun, and enjoy your little sorority.

Let me chime in...having a longer stroke will definitely affect the geometry
of your bike from what it was with the original rear shock, how much will
you notice it, I don't know with a 1/4". However, a longer stroke shock can
also give you a plusher ride. You kind of just have to test it out and see
how it goes.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

There will also be some effect. or is that affect, on your derailer, or is
that derailleur cable housing.

Be careful that it's not too short.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest, I've just wasted.
"

Ed Pirrero wrote:
> Tell you what - next time you're in N. Idaho, give me a shout. Then
> you can see for yourself, hmmm?

Fat chance of that happening. I will be headed up towards Sandpoint
later this year and may shout at you.

JD

JD wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > Tell you what - next time you're in N. Idaho, give me a shout. Then
> > you can see for yourself, hmmm?

> Fat chance of that happening. I will be headed up towards Sandpoint
> later this year and may shout at you.

Cool. You can take your freakish self and grind my poor, barney ass
into the trail.

Heh. What trails did you have in mind?

E.P.