Fox shock service?

Zilla

Guest
I called my LBS re: service for a rear Fox Float RL
Propedal I got really cheap, and they said that
only Fox services Fox shocks. Is this true? No
3rd party Fox service vendors? If not so, any
recomms where to send it? I live in NC, USA.

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

Zilla wrote:
> I called my LBS re: service for a rear Fox Float RL
> Propedal I got really cheap, and they said that
> only Fox services Fox shocks. Is this true? No
> 3rd party Fox service vendors? If not so, any
> recomms where to send it? I live in NC, USA.

I'm getting ready to send my Float RLC to PUSH.
http://www.pushindustries.com/index.php

They did an awesome job with my Vanilla RC on my DH bike. I may even send
them my TALAS fork.

Mike - VA, USA

On May 20, 2:38 pm, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I called my LBS re: service for a rear Fox Float RL
> Propedal I got really cheap, and they said that
> only Fox services Fox shocks. Is this true? No
> 3rd party Fox service vendors? If not so, any
> recomms where to send it? I live in NC, USA.
>
> --
> - Zilla
> (Remove XSPAM)

<http://www.shockspital.com/> perhaps?

Bill

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Zilla wrote:
> > I called my LBS re: service for a rear Fox Float RL
> > Propedal I got really cheap, and they said that
> > only Fox services Fox shocks. Is this true? No
> > 3rd party Fox service vendors? If not so, any
> > recomms where to send it? I live in NC, USA.

> I'm getting ready to send my Float RLC to PUSH.
> http://www.pushindustries.com/index.php
>
> They did an awesome job with my Vanilla RC on my DH bike. I may even send
> them my TALAS fork.
>
> Mike - VA, USA

Do they have reasonable prices?

On May 20, 7:57 pm, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > Zilla wrote:
> > > I called my LBS re: service for a rear Fox Float RL
> > > Propedal I got really cheap, and they said that
> > > only Fox services Fox shocks. Is this true? No
> > > 3rd party Fox service vendors? If not so, any
> > > recomms where to send it? I live in NC, USA.

> > I'm getting ready to send my Float RLC to PUSH.
> >http://www.pushindustries.com/index.php

> > They did an awesome job with my Vanilla RC on my DH bike. I may even send
> > them my TALAS fork.

> > Mike - VA, USA

> Do they have reasonable prices?- Hide quoted text -

Push service prices are on the website. Turnaround is quick(one week).
Cutomer satisfaction is high. None of these things can be said of Fox
service.

Chris

Chris Nelson wrote:
> On May 20, 7:57 pm, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I'm getting ready to send my Float RLC to PUSH.
>>> http://www.pushindustries.com/index.php

>>> They did an awesome job with my Vanilla RC on my DH bike. I may
>>> even send them my TALAS fork.

>>> Mike - VA, USA

>> Do they have reasonable prices?- Hide quoted text -

> Push service prices are on the website. Turnaround is quick(one week).
> Cutomer satisfaction is high. None of these things can be said of Fox
> service.
>
> Chris

Fox did a good job getting my 40 DH fork rebuilt and back to me (in a week)
and they've always been helpful at their race support trailer often doing
the work for free. Push however is able to custom valve the shock and put
in some actual improvements in design to update an older shock.

Mike

Zilla wrote:
> I called my LBS re: service for a rear Fox Float RL
> Propedal I got really cheap, and they said that
> only Fox services Fox shocks. Is this true? No
> 3rd party Fox service vendors? If not so, any
> recomms where to send it? I live in NC, USA.

I have my shock back from Push. One and a half weeks.

The replaced the worn piston shaft, complete rebuild with custom valving and
pedaling platform (they remove the lockout lever, which I never used anyway)

The shock rides better than it did new and my 4.5" travel bike feels like 6"
and pedals much better.

Total cost about $200. Half the price of a new shock.

Mike