Fox Talas RLC or Manitou Minute 3

Lee Taylor

Guest
Hi,

Looking to buy a New fork to go with my Intense 5.5 frame.
I'm undecided about the fork through. Can anybody suggest
which one to go for.

Cheers.
lee...

Originally posted by Lee Taylor
Hi,

Looking to buy a New fork to go with my Intense 5.5 frame.
I'm undecided about the fork through. Can anybody suggest
which one to go for.

Cheers.
lee...

Are you set on these two? I highly recommend the Marzocchi Marathon. Durable, plush and you can tune it to whatever riding style you prefer.

Ken

"Ken in KC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lee Taylor wrote:
> > Hi, Looking to buy a New fork to go with my Intense
> > 5.5 frame. I'm undecided about the fork through. Can
> > anybody suggest which one to go for. Cheers. lee...
>

> Are you set on these two? I highly recommend the Marzocchi
> Marathon.

The Marathon doesn't have nearly the amount of travel needed
to match the rear susp.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Originally posted by Zeeexsixare

The Marathon doesn't have nearly the amount of travel needed
to match the rear susp.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

So the extra 20 mm on the Fox would set it far above the Marathon? OK then, the Z1.

If you got what what cash it takes to get a Fox get it. But
I would go with Answer product.

I MTB 2004

Yeah thats what I'm thinking but i hear that the Manitou's
SPV system loses small bump response, just wondering if
anybody's got this fork and is it a big deal ? Also now that
Shimano are phasing out the old XTR RapidFire's I'm thinking
of going over to the Sram shifter camp (not the gripshift
ones good god not them, the Rocket ones) what they like
compared to the big S ?.

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:29920-4061FD62-2@storefull-
3217.bay.webtv.net...
> If you got what what cash it takes to get
> a Fox get it. But I would go with Answer
> product.
>
> I MTB 2004

In news:[email protected],
Lee Taylor <[email protected]> typed:
> Hi,
>
> Looking to buy a New fork to go with my Intense 5.5
> frame. I'm undecided about the fork through. Can anybody
> suggest which one to go for.
>
> Cheers.
> lee...

I'd go with the Fox. You can quickly dial it down for
climbing and at full travel it will match the rear better.
The suspension action doesn't change as the travel is
adjusted. My friend has one on his SC Heckler and it really
rides great. 5+5.

Mike

"Ken in KC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Zeeexsixare wrote:
> > The Marathon doesn't have nearly the amount of travel
> > needed to match the rear susp.
> > --
> > Phil, Squid-in-Training
>

> So the extra 20 mm on the Fox would set it far above the
> Marathon? OK then, the Z1.

I was thinking that the only Marathon travel was 85mm.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

ZeeExSixAre wrote:

> I was thinking that the only Marathon travel was 85mm.

You were thinking wrongly.

Bill "105 for sure; maybe 120?" S.

> Bill "105 for sure; maybe 120?" S.

85 <--> 105 on the 04 forks.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In news:[email protected], Lee
> Taylor <[email protected]> typed:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Looking to buy a New fork to go with my Intense 5.5
> > frame. I'm undecided about the fork through. Can
> > anybody suggest which one to go for.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > lee...
>
> I'd go with the Fox. You can quickly dial it down for
> climbing and at full travel it will match the rear better.
> The suspension action doesn't change as the travel is
> adjusted. My friend has one on his SC Heckler and it
> really rides great. 5+5.
>
> Mike

i've been running a talas rlc on my foes fxr for a few
months now. it's a very adjustable fork, but it's not as
plush as my old vanilla
125.on the plus side, it's fairly light, not very flexy and
the adjustable blowoff threshold for the lockout works
like a poor mans SPV. You could do worse.

cheers

ZeeExSixAre wrote:
>> Bill "105 for sure; maybe 120?" S.
> 85 <--> 105 on the 04 forks.

105 and 120 on the Marathon S, which is nicer anyway
(coil, not air).