Fox Vanilla 125R

Shawn

Guest
Hey Guys,

I picked my fork down to change to a heavier spring and realised that the preload side (blue knob)
does not have a shaft and barely a trace of oil. Is this normal?

Also what weight oil do fox shocks use?

Shawn

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:53:24 -0400, "Shawn" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I picked my fork down to change to a heavier spring and realised that the preload side (blue knob)
>does not have a shaft and barely a trace of oil. Is this normal?

The plunger shaft does not extend past the negative spring guide. The oil is in the forl lowers, and
there is only 30cc in the left leg. You wont get any oil out unless you invert the fork (with the
bolt in the lower leg in place).

>Also what weight oil do fox shocks use?

7.5wt - 30cc left leg, 160cc in the right leg (damper).

It is very easy to overfill the right leg (and result in limited travel due to hydraulic lock). This
is because its hard to get all the oil out of the damper.