Fox Vanilla R - confused???

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Candt, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Candt

    Candt Guest

    I'm going to be getting into this full-bouncer lark in the very near future - (so many species, so
    little time), and have narrowed it down to the Haro Extreme X3, but I am confused about the rear
    shock. It's fitted with the shock mentioned in the subject, but all literature for this bike,
    including its own site, and magazine articles, say 5 inches of rear travel. But Fox's own site says
    that the shock only comes in 2.5 and 2.75 inch variants???

    Whats going on?

    Cheers,

    CandT

    Tags:

  2. CandT wrote:
    > I'm going to be getting into this full-bouncer lark in the very near future - (so many species, so
    > little time), and have narrowed it down to the Haro Extreme X3, but I am confused about the rear
    > shock. It's fitted with the shock mentioned in the subject, but all literature for this bike,
    > including its own site, and magazine articles, say 5 inches of rear travel. But Fox's own site
    > says that the shock only comes in 2.5 and 2.75 inch variants???
    >
    > Whats going on?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > CandT

    thats the travel of the shock itself - in other words, the shock can compress by 2.5 or 2.75 inches
    (although manufacturers can get them individually speced). What gives you more travel on the bike is
    the leverage of the suspension design.

    Jon Bond

  3. Candt

    Candt Guest

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:54:12 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >thats the travel of the shock itself - in other words, the shock can compress by 2.5 or 2.75 inches
    >(although manufacturers can get them individually speced). What gives you more travel on the bike
    >is the leverage of the suspension design.
    >
    >Jon Bond

    BS - You're a LIAR - DUH! I'm right, because I love nature, and have qualifications to prove
    it. QED...

    (I can say all this stuff now with a smile on my face because guess whose been added to my Kill
    Filter!, so I won't even see his replies!)

    ;-)

    You know - about 20 seconds after I posted this - I realised that the shock isn't mounted at the
    rear axle!!!. What an arse...

    CandT