FR 3 - Fixed Ride 3 - Sat 3rd Sept 9AM Elsternwick - Open Invite

PiledHigher

New Member
Jul 30, 2003
All,

An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a bunch ride through the flat lands.

As per the previous FR's

FR suggestion:

Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where glenhuntley crosses the railway line)

Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
Cross Dandy road
Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish bit on beach road)

Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock tower for a re-group.

Left at warrigal rd
left at como pde (before railwayline)
Left at balcome road
To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
Right onto glenhuntly

Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but not made by me)

For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf

Distance 35.5k for the loop described
Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the perfect gear.

Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.

Talk amongst yourself!

PiledHigher

PiledHigher wrote:
> All,
>
> An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a
> bunch ride through the flat lands.
>
> As per the previous FR's
>

> FR suggestion:
>
> Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
> glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
>
> Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
> Cross Dandy road
> Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
> Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
> bit on beach road)
>
> Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
> trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
> beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
> tower for a re-group.
>
> Left at warrigal rd
> left at como pde (before railwayline)
> Left at balcome road
> To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
> Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
> Right onto glenhuntly
>
> Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
> not made by me)
>
> For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.
>
> http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
>
> Distance 35.5k for the loop described
> Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
> Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
> Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
> perfect gear.
>
> Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
>
> Talk amongst yourself!
>
> PiledHigher

I'm in.

--
Nick

"PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:p[email protected]...

> All,
>
> An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a
> bunch ride through the flat lands.
>
> As per the previous FR's
>

> FR suggestion:
>
> Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
> glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
>
> Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
> Cross Dandy road
> Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
> Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
> bit on beach road)
>
> Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
> trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
> beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
> tower for a re-group.
>
> Left at warrigal rd
> left at como pde (before railwayline)
> Left at balcome road
> To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
> Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
> Right onto glenhuntly
>
> Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
> not made by me)
>
> For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.
>
> http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
>
> Distance 35.5k for the loop described
> Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
> Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
> Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
> perfect gear.
>
> Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
>
> Talk amongst yourself!
>
> PiledHigher
>

> --
> PiledHigher

Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when whe
gets up at 7am. See you there :)

"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:p[email protected]...
>>
>> All,
>>
>> An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a
>> bunch ride through the flat lands.
>>
>> As per the previous FR's
>>

>> FR suggestion:
>>
>> Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
>> glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
>>
>> Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
>> Cross Dandy road
>> Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
>> Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
>> bit on beach road)
>>
>> Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
>> trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
>> beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
>> tower for a re-group.
>>
>> Left at warrigal rd
>> left at como pde (before railwayline)
>> Left at balcome road
>> To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
>> Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
>> Right onto glenhuntly
>>
>> Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
>> not made by me)
>>
>> For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.
>>
>> http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
>>
>> Distance 35.5k for the loop described
>> Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
>> Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
>> Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
>> perfect gear.
>>
>> Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
>>
>> Talk amongst yourself!
>>
>> PiledHigher
>>

>> --
>> PiledHigher
>>

> Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when whe
> gets up at 7am. See you there :)

She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm. Arses.

Resound said:
She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm. Arses.

and the award to lame-est excuse goes to Mr R :D:D:D

NEVAR rely on others to wake you, carry spares or answer the phone when you are under-arrest for impersonating a drunken ballet dancer, err, wait, ignore that last bit. "Nothing to see here people! Move along..."

flyingdutch wrote:
> Resound Wrote:
>

>>She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm.
>>Arses.

> and the award to lame-est excuse goes to Mr R :D:D:D
>
> NEVAR rely on others to wake you, carry spares or answer the phone when
> you are under-arrest for impersonating a drunken ballet dancer, err,
> wait, ignore that last bit. "Nothing to see here people! Move along..."

Coming from the man who couldn't make it because of fathers day,
when it wasn't fathers day???

--
Nick

Resound said:
Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when whe
gets up at 7am. See you there :)

Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!

hippy
- killing time waiting for pics to upload, really! :p

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Resound Wrote:
>>

>> She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm.
>> Arses.

> and the award to lame-est excuse goes to Mr R :D:D:D
>
> NEVAR rely on others to wake you, carry spares or answer the phone when
> you are under-arrest for impersonating a drunken ballet dancer, err,
> wait, ignore that last bit. "Nothing to see here people! Move along..."
>

> --
> flyingdutch

I was actually expecting to wake on her alarm, not on her poking me. Was
well bloody annoyed with myself too.

hippy wrote:
> Resound Wrote:
>
>>Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when
>>whe
>>gets up at 7am. See you there :)

> Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!
>
> hippy
> - killing time waiting for pics to upload, really! :p

Bad boy! Don't you know you shouldn't ask personal questions like that! :)

>hippy wrote:
>>Resound Wrote:
>>Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when
>>she gets up at 7am. See you there :)
>
> Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!
>
>Bad boy! Don't you know you shouldn't ask personal questions like that! :)

I'll make sure and have myself spanked for that indescretion.. ;)

hippy

hippy wrote:

>>hippy wrote:
>>
>>>Resound Wrote:
>>>Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me

> when
>
>>>she gets up at 7am. See you there :)

>>Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!
>>
>>Bad boy! Don't you know you shouldn't ask personal questions like

> that! :)
>
> I'll make sure and have myself spanked for that indescretion.. ;)
>
> hippy

Hmmm... Well, I'm afraid David says you'll have to get someone else to
do the spanking - I'm not allowed! ;-)