FR 3 - Fixed Ride 3 - Sat 3rd Sept 9AM Elsternwick - Open Invite

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by PiledHigher, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    All,

    An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a bunch ride through the flat lands.

    As per the previous FR's

    FR suggestion:

    Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where glenhuntley crosses the railway line)

    Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
    Cross Dandy road
    Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
    Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish bit on beach road)

    Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock tower for a re-group.

    Left at warrigal rd
    left at como pde (before railwayline)
    Left at balcome road
    To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
    Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
    Right onto glenhuntly

    Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but not made by me)

    For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.

    http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf

    Distance 35.5k for the loop described
    Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
    Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
    Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the perfect gear.

    Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.

    Talk amongst yourself!

    PiledHigher

    Tags:

  2. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a
    > bunch ride through the flat lands.
    >
    > As per the previous FR's
    >

    > FR suggestion:
    >
    > Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
    > glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
    >
    > Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
    > Cross Dandy road
    > Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
    > Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
    > bit on beach road)
    >
    > Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
    > trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
    > beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
    > tower for a re-group.
    >
    > Left at warrigal rd
    > left at como pde (before railwayline)
    > Left at balcome road
    > To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
    > Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
    > Right onto glenhuntly
    >
    > Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
    > not made by me)
    >
    > For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.
    >
    > http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
    >
    > Distance 35.5k for the loop described
    > Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
    > Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
    > Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
    > perfect gear.
    >
    > Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
    >
    > Talk amongst yourself!
    >
    > PiledHigher

    I'm in.

    --
    Nick

  3. Koon Yong

    Koon Yong New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2003
    Me too

    Koon

  4. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003

    Is it just the three of us? Dutchy, Dave?????

  5. Bikesoiler

    Bikesoiler New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    Me too!

    The new SS is coming out.

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    One word.

    farversdai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    That's sunday!

  8. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:p[email protected]

    > All,
    >
    > An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a
    > bunch ride through the flat lands.
    >
    > As per the previous FR's
    >

    > FR suggestion:
    >
    > Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
    > glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
    >
    > Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
    > Cross Dandy road
    > Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
    > Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
    > bit on beach road)
    >
    > Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
    > trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
    > beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
    > tower for a re-group.
    >
    > Left at warrigal rd
    > left at como pde (before railwayline)
    > Left at balcome road
    > To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
    > Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
    > Right onto glenhuntly
    >
    > Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
    > not made by me)
    >
    > For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.
    >
    > http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
    >
    > Distance 35.5k for the loop described
    > Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
    > Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
    > Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
    > perfect gear.
    >
    > Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
    >
    > Talk amongst yourself!
    >
    > PiledHigher
    >

    > --
    > PiledHigher

    Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when whe
    gets up at 7am. See you there :)

  9. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:p[email protected]
    >>
    >> All,
    >>
    >> An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a
    >> bunch ride through the flat lands.
    >>
    >> As per the previous FR's
    >>

    >> FR suggestion:
    >>
    >> Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
    >> glenhuntley crosses the railway line)
    >>
    >> Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
    >> Cross Dandy road
    >> Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
    >> Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
    >> bit on beach road)
    >>
    >> Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
    >> trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
    >> beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
    >> tower for a re-group.
    >>
    >> Left at warrigal rd
    >> left at como pde (before railwayline)
    >> Left at balcome road
    >> To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
    >> Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
    >> Right onto glenhuntly
    >>
    >> Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
    >> not made by me)
    >>
    >> For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.
    >>
    >> http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf
    >>
    >> Distance 35.5k for the loop described
    >> Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
    >> Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
    >> Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
    >> perfect gear.
    >>
    >> Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.
    >>
    >> Talk amongst yourself!
    >>
    >> PiledHigher
    >>

    >> --
    >> PiledHigher
    >>

    > Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when whe
    > gets up at 7am. See you there :)

    She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm. Arses.

  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    and the award to lame-est excuse goes to Mr R :D:D:D

    NEVAR rely on others to wake you, carry spares or answer the phone when you are under-arrest for impersonating a drunken ballet dancer, err, wait, ignore that last bit. "Nothing to see here people! Move along..."

  11. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Resound Wrote:
    >

    >>She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm.
    >>Arses.

    > and the award to lame-est excuse goes to Mr R :D:D:D
    >
    > NEVAR rely on others to wake you, carry spares or answer the phone when
    > you are under-arrest for impersonating a drunken ballet dancer, err,
    > wait, ignore that last bit. "Nothing to see here people! Move along..."

    Coming from the man who couldn't make it because of fathers day,
    when it wasn't fathers day???

    --
    Nick

  12. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!

    hippy
    - killing time waiting for pics to upload, really! :p

  13. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Resound Wrote:
    >>

    >> She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm.
    >> Arses.

    > and the award to lame-est excuse goes to Mr R :D:D:D
    >
    > NEVAR rely on others to wake you, carry spares or answer the phone when
    > you are under-arrest for impersonating a drunken ballet dancer, err,
    > wait, ignore that last bit. "Nothing to see here people! Move along..."
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    I was actually expecting to wake on her alarm, not on her poking me. Was
    well bloody annoyed with myself too.

  14. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > Resound Wrote:
    >
    >>Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when
    >>whe
    >>gets up at 7am. See you there :)

    > Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!
    >
    > hippy
    > - killing time waiting for pics to upload, really! :p

    Bad boy! Don't you know you shouldn't ask personal questions like that! :)

  15. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    >hippy wrote:
    >>Resound Wrote:
    >>Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when
    >>she gets up at 7am. See you there :)
    >
    > Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!
    >
    >Bad boy! Don't you know you shouldn't ask personal questions like that! :)

    I'll make sure and have myself spanked for that indescretion.. ;)

    hippy

  16. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    hippy wrote:

    >>hippy wrote:
    >>
    >>>Resound Wrote:
    >>>Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me

    > when
    >
    >>>she gets up at 7am. See you there :)

    >>Shouldn't you be poki.. oh never mind!
    >>
    >>Bad boy! Don't you know you shouldn't ask personal questions like

    > that! :)
    >
    > I'll make sure and have myself spanked for that indescretion.. ;)
    >
    > hippy

    Hmmm... Well, I'm afraid David says you'll have to get someone else to
    do the spanking - I'm not allowed! ;-)