Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service is Awful! (WAS: Pizza on gas grill)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Rob, May 27, 2004.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Here's the e-mail response I received from Frachetta/Schwan's Customer
    Service. I should expect no less than corporate garbage instead of
    goodwill. What lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a
    pissed of consumer:

    Dear Rob:

    Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding
    your comments.

    Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
    Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
    however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
    recipes, inventions or the like. Freschetta Pizza is not
    responsible for unsolicited submissions and owes you no duty
    should you nevertheless submit them. Anything you do submit
    becomes the property of Schwan's.

    Sincerely,

    Sally Freschetta Response Team

    Tags:

  2. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On 25 May 2004 07:40:21 -0700, [email protected] (Rob)
    wrote:

    >Here's the e-mail response I received from
    >Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service. I should expect no
    >less than corporate garbage instead of goodwill. What
    >lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a pissed of
    >consumer:
    >
    >Dear Rob:
    >
    >Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding your
    >comments.
    >
    >Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
    >Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
    >however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
    >recipes, inventions or the like. Freschetta Pizza is not
    >responsible for unsolicited submissions and owes you no
    >duty should you nevertheless submit them. Anything you do
    >submit becomes the property of Schwan's.
    >
    >Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >
    >Sally Freschetta Response Team

    So what did you suggest to them - Take this pizza and shove
    it?

    And what does Freshetta have to do with Schwans? Freshetta
    is available from regular grocers and probably aren't
    related (are they?)

    I kinda like the corporate double-talk though - "We do not
    accept suggestions, but they're now our property anyway".

    -sw

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Wertz, The Wiz is right...just check the back of the 'ol
    box. Yeah, I did basically tell them to shove their pizza
    (and any future purchases).

    Here's my reply and their response:

    >Sally-
    >
    >That is the most back handed, corporate slam I've ever
    >received. What lawyer made you write that messsage.
    >
    >Whatever happend to good will? Customers for life? At the
    >very least just thank me for my "enthusiastic support". You
    >*had* the opportunity to really "wow" a customer. But,
    >you've missed the boat! Schwan's has a lot to learn about
    >customer service.
    >
    >For your information there are now TWO frozen, thin
    >crust pizza
    brands
    >on the market.
    >
    >Rob

    Here's Freschetta's reply to that message:

    Dear Rob:

    Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding
    your concerns.

    We apologize for the previous e-mail you received. I will
    forward your suggestion to the proper management.

    Sincerely,

    Jenny Freschetta Response Team

  4. Mr. Wizard

    Mr. Wizard Guest

    "Steve Wertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 25 May 2004 07:40:21 -0700, [email protected]
    > (Rob) wrote:
    >
    > >Here's the e-mail response I received from
    > >Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service. I should expect no
    > >less than corporate garbage instead of goodwill. What
    > >lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a pissed
    > >of consumer:
    > >
    > >Dear Rob:
    > >
    > >Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding your
    > >comments.
    > >
    > >Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
    > >Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
    > >however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
    > >recipes, inventions or the like. Freschetta Pizza is not
    > >responsible for unsolicited submissions and owes you no
    > >duty should you nevertheless submit them. Anything you do
    > >submit becomes the property of Schwan's.
    > >
    > >Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    > >
    > >Sincerely,
    > >
    > >Sally Freschetta Response Team
    >
    > So what did you suggest to them - Take this pizza and
    > shove it?
    >
    > And what does Freshetta have to do with Schwans? Freshetta
    > is available from regular grocers and probably aren't
    > related (are they?)

    Actually, yes they are.

  5. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On 26 May 2004 08:36:39 -0700, [email protected] (Rob)
    wrote:

    >Wertz, The Wiz is right...just check the back of the 'ol
    >box. Yeah, I did basically tell them to shove their pizza
    >(and any future purchases).

    Thanks Ainbinder. I wasn't sure if they were related or not.
    I thought Freshettas was Tony's pizza which has been around
    for long before I'd heard of Schwans. Must have been
    bought/traded/sold/folded/spindled/mutilated at some point.

    BTW, whatever happened to calling people by their first
    names? Only the government and military calls you by your
    last names.

    -sw

  6. Rob <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Here's the e-mail response I received from
    >Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service. I should expect no
    >less than corporate garbage instead of goodwill. What
    >lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a pissed of
    >consumer:
    >
    >Dear Rob:
    >
    >Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding your
    >comments.
    >
    >Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
    >Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
    >however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
    >recipes, inventions or the like.

    Did you tell them where to put their crappy pizza?

    Because if it's at all a novel suggestion...

    >Freschetta Pizza is not responsible for unsolicited
    >submissions and owes you no duty should you nevertheless
    >submit them. Anything you do submit becomes the property of
    >Schwan's.
    >
    >Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >
    >Sally Freschetta Response Team

    You do know that "customer service" doesn't require a law
    degree, an acquaintance with the English language, or an
    ability to read, right?

    --Blair "There's computers
    and outsourced sub-droids
    can do that job."

  7. Lance Orner

    Lance Orner Guest

    On 2004-05-25, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    > And what does Freshetta have to do with Schwans? Freshetta
    > is available from regular grocers and probably aren't
    > related (are they?)

    Schwans owns several frozen food brands sold in grocery
    stores -- I think Red Baron is also their brand.

    --
    Lance Orner [email protected]