Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service is Awful! (WAS: Pizza on gas grill)

Rob

Guest
Here's the e-mail response I received from Frachetta/Schwan's Customer
Service. I should expect no less than corporate garbage instead of
goodwill. What lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a
****** of consumer:

Dear Rob:

Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding
your comments.

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
recipes, inventions or the like. Freschetta Pizza is not
responsible for unsolicited submissions and owes you no duty
should you nevertheless submit them. Anything you do submit
becomes the property of Schwan's.

Sincerely,

Sally Freschetta Response Team

On 25 May 2004 07:40:21 -0700, [email protected] (Rob)
wrote:

>Here's the e-mail response I received from
>Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service. I should expect no
>less than corporate garbage instead of goodwill. What
>lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a ****** of
>consumer:
>
>Dear Rob:
>
>Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding your
>comments.
>
>Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
>Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
>however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
>recipes, inventions or the like. Freschetta Pizza is not
>responsible for unsolicited submissions and owes you no
>duty should you nevertheless submit them. Anything you do
>submit becomes the property of Schwan's.
>
>Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Sally Freschetta Response Team

So what did you suggest to them - Take this pizza and shove
it?

And what does Freshetta have to do with Schwans? Freshetta
is available from regular grocers and probably aren't
related (are they?)

I kinda like the corporate double-talk though - "We do not
accept suggestions, but they're now our property anyway".

-sw

Wertz, The Wiz is right...just check the back of the 'ol
box. Yeah, I did basically tell them to shove their pizza
(and any future purchases).

Here's my reply and their response:

>Sally-
>
>That is the most back handed, corporate slam I've ever
>received. What lawyer made you write that messsage.
>
>Whatever happend to good will? Customers for life? At the
>very least just thank me for my "enthusiastic support". You
>*had* the opportunity to really "wow" a customer. But,
>you've missed the boat! Schwan's has a lot to learn about
>customer service.
>
>For your information there are now TWO frozen, thin
>crust pizza
brands
>on the market.
>
>Rob

Here's Freschetta's reply to that message:

Dear Rob:

Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding
your concerns.

We apologize for the previous e-mail you received. I will
forward your suggestion to the proper management.

Sincerely,

Jenny Freschetta Response Team

"Steve Wertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 25 May 2004 07:40:21 -0700, [email protected]
> (Rob) wrote:
>
> >Here's the e-mail response I received from
> >Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service. I should expect no
> >less than corporate garbage instead of goodwill. What
> >lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a ******
> >of consumer:
> >
> >Dear Rob:
> >
> >Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding your
> >comments.
> >
> >Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
> >Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
> >however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
> >recipes, inventions or the like. Freschetta Pizza is not
> >responsible for unsolicited submissions and owes you no
> >duty should you nevertheless submit them. Anything you do
> >submit becomes the property of Schwan's.
> >
> >Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >Sally Freschetta Response Team
>
> So what did you suggest to them - Take this pizza and
> shove it?
>
> And what does Freshetta have to do with Schwans? Freshetta
> is available from regular grocers and probably aren't
> related (are they?)

Actually, yes they are.

On 26 May 2004 08:36:39 -0700, [email protected] (Rob)
wrote:

>Wertz, The Wiz is right...just check the back of the 'ol
>box. Yeah, I did basically tell them to shove their pizza
>(and any future purchases).

Thanks Ainbinder. I wasn't sure if they were related or not.
I thought Freshettas was Tony's pizza which has been around
for long before I'd heard of Schwans. Must have been
bought/traded/sold/folded/spindled/mutilated at some point.

BTW, whatever happened to calling people by their first
names? Only the government and military calls you by your
last names.

-sw

Rob <[email protected]> wrote:
>Here's the e-mail response I received from
>Frachetta/Schwan's Customer Service. I should expect no
>less than corporate garbage instead of goodwill. What
>lawyer wrote this reply? No customer here..just a ****** of
>consumer:
>
>Dear Rob:
>
>Thank you for contacting Freschetta Pizza regarding your
>comments.
>
>Thank you so much for your enthusiastic support of
>Freschetta Pizza products. Freschetta Pizza does not,
>however, accept unsolicited submissions of ideas, plans,
>recipes, inventions or the like.

Did you tell them where to put their crappy pizza?

Because if it's at all a novel suggestion...

>Freschetta Pizza is not responsible for unsolicited
>submissions and owes you no duty should you nevertheless
>submit them. Anything you do submit becomes the property of
>Schwan's.
>
>Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Sally Freschetta Response Team

You do know that "customer service" doesn't require a law
degree, an acquaintance with the English language, or an
ability to read, right?

--Blair "There's computers
and outsourced sub-droids
can do that job."

On 2004-05-25, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
> And what does Freshetta have to do with Schwans? Freshetta
> is available from regular grocers and probably aren't
> related (are they?)

Schwans owns several frozen food brands sold in grocery
stores -- I think Red Baron is also their brand.

--
Lance Orner [email protected]