Frame building course

Mark

Guest
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can go on a frame building course in the UK ?

Regards,
Mark.

Mark said:
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can go on a frame building course in the UK ?

Regards,
Mark.

According to an article in Singletrack a couple of months back, Dave Yates runs one and you get to take the frame home with hime when you've finished. www.daveyatescycles.co.uk gives details, price £640 + materials (apparently abour £140). A lot to pay for a frame, but then again you'd have built it yourself.

Bryan

Bryan wrote:
> Mark Wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can go on a frame building course in the UK ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mark.

> According to an article in Singletrack a couple of months back, Dave
> Yates runs one and you get to take the frame home with hime when you've
> finished. www.daveyatescycles.co.uk gives details, price £640 +
> materials (apparently abour £140). A lot to pay for a frame, but then
> again you'd have built it yourself.

But one hell of a long waiting list. Dave is cool, always at the York
Rally and alongside teh framebuilding /engineering business has a
smallholding (in which his workshop is based).

...d

Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can go on a frame building course in the UK ?
>
> Regards,
> Mark.

Thanks everyone! I shall investigate :)

Mark wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can go on a frame building course in the UK ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mark.

> Thanks everyone! I shall investigate :)

Well, have just put down my deposit for a week course with Dave Yates
in November... to build a fix-gear bike :)

Will let people know how i get on!

Mark said:
Mark wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can go on a frame building course in the UK ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mark.

> Thanks everyone! I shall investigate :)

Well, have just put down my deposit for a week course with Dave Yates
in November... to build a fix-gear bike :)

Will let people know how i get on!

Good for you! Now when you've built up your own wheels to go on it! Just think what it will feel like when people say where did you get that from, and you say I made it :)

Bryan

Hi Mark,

What dates are you there?

I'm booked in for the 30th October -3rd November. Does that make you the 'other guy' on my course?

Steve