• plain colors

Votes: 92 12.4%
  • team replicas

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • with strange patterns,multicolor,etc

Votes: 45 6.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Memphmann
Don't need a fleet, just 1 more. Have my TT bike, racing- now training bike. Just need a new racing bike. So many to choose from.

Repaint car yet again or spend that coin on bike.....

Memph
I'm in the process of trading in a single mid-range training/zoom-zoom road bike (an upgraded TCR2 I've been babying) for a ultra-cheap beater (a Surly Pacer with an Ultegra/RSX100 mix) and a weekend hotrod (a custom Klein Q-Pro w/full DA).

Not quite a fleet, but again, I promise that if I strike it rich, I'll add a Buenos Aires to the mix. And a DeRosa King.

:)

Originally posted by lokstah
Not quite a fleet, but again, I promise that if I strike it rich, I'll add a Buenos Aires to the mix. And a DeRosa King.

here's a little more Buenos Aires "bike ****" to keep the dream alive, lokstah:

Beautiful. Two things, though.

1) I'll need a DeRosa King to sit next to her in the stable. Work on that for me.

2) What's going on with the pedals there, Allen? Pretty bike like that -- get her some proper feet, man!

Beautiful. Two things, though.

1) I'll need a DeRosa King to sit next to her in the stable. Work on that for me.

2) What's going on with the pedals there, Allen? Pretty bike like that -- get her some proper feet, man!

lokstah-
1) my wife got me started on this new road biking phase - she was kicking my butt on all the hills on her DeRosa while I muddled along on a Cannondale hybrid
2) I just haven't pulled the demo platforms off the double-sided clipless pedals yet - so the proper pedals are there

Originally posted by Allen H
lokstah-
1) my wife got me started on this new road biking phase - she was kicking my butt on all the hills on her DeRosa while I muddled along on a Cannondale hybrid
2) I just haven't pulled the demo platforms off the double-sided clipless pedals yet - so the proper pedals are there
I see. I see. Your wife is to be commended for getting you "started" on that ride. That's quite a first road bike.

Try Speedplay pedals, my personal favorite! Always looking out for new recruits to the Speedplay club...

I'm in the process of trading in a single mid-range training/zoom-zoom road bike (an upgraded TCR2 I've been babying) for a ultra-cheap beater (a Surly Pacer with an Ultegra/RSX100 mix) and a weekend hotrod (a custom Klein Q-Pro w/full DA).

It shall be a differcult choice. My 11 month old paint job is looking old and beginning to hate it. Fresh paint is like having a new ride.

A new bike would enable me to hunt better. Pass ppl faster, plus fill my ego even more.....

http://interactive.rogers.com/Memphmann/OSOLOUD

Memph

Let the car grow old naturally; let it go, Memph. Let it develop a crusty patina.

Let the car grow old naturally; let it go, Memph. Let it develop a crusty patina.

My g-friend would love to see this. For the amount of coin I have spent on my ride in the last 2 yrs, I could have bought all the members of USPS a new bike.

Maybe a new bike is worth it? Then again, have found one that is much better then my 10 yr old custom......

Memph

Don't need a fleet, just 1 more. Have my TT bike, racing- now training bike. Just need a new racing bike. So many to choose from.

Repaint car yet again or spend that coin on bike.....

Memph

You really have to ask that question?

Originally posted by larry barr
You really have to ask that question?

Sure I do, hate to show up at a race in a car with a year old paint job. Seriously, have spent so much on ride, what is alittle more. Then again, new bike would be awesome.....

Memph

Sure I do, hate to show up at a race in a car with a year old paint job. Seriously, have spent so much on ride, what is alittle more. Then again, new bike would be awesome.....

Memph

I understand completely, two interests, both that require a certain capital investment. A difficult choice indeed. Of course you have to ask yourself, will the new paint job make me go faster or will the new bike.

Being a custom painter by trade, I really like em' all...My personal bikes are painted as follows:

1) Kandy Purple over Blue Ice Pearl over a black base with Orange to Red Acid shreds (Schwinn Mesa DSX mountain bike)

2) Kandy Orange fade over Dark Orion Silver (80's somethin' Centurion road bike)

3) Neon Yellow with kandy green flames (80's somethin' Western Auto hybrid)

There are three or four more in the works right now: all are set for full-on custom paint jobs...some kandies, some neons...

Want to see em'?? I've got a page on our company website with pics -- www.paintwhat.com

Originally posted by larry barr
I understand completely, two interests, both that require a certain capital investment. A difficult choice indeed. Of course you have to ask yourself, will the new paint job make me go faster or will the new bike.

If I went any faster I would be a blur......

Memph

Originally posted by leadheadnc
Being a custom painter by trade, I really like em' all...My personal bikes are painted as follows:

1) Kandy Purple over Blue Ice Pearl over a black base with Orange to Red Acid shreds (Schwinn Mesa DSX mountain bike)

2) Kandy Orange fade over Dark Orion Silver (80's somethin' Centurion road bike)

3) Neon Yellow with kandy green flames (80's somethin' Western Auto hybrid)

There are three or four more in the works right now: all are set for full-on custom paint jobs...some kandies, some neons...

Want to see em'?? I've got a page on our company website with pics -- www.paintwhat.com

Great to see that you use Dupont. My uncle painted mine with Dupont also. Three coats of primer, wet sand after each, then three coats of paint, also wet sanded, then only two clears. Went with a deep purple with heavy metallic flake. Looks almost black at night, but sure shines during the day.

Been told that the kandies & neons have a short life? They tend to fade quickly?

That mtb looks great...

Memph

[Been told that the kandies & neons have a short life? They tend to fade quickly?

That mtb looks great...

Memph [/QUOTE]

Neons will fade after time, usually due to a lack of pigment. However, it's the UV rays that fades them. Mine had been painted a year with no fading (before I stripped it last week so I could rebuild it...) BUT I keep it inside...AND I sprayed four coats of color on there...basically, what I've learned is the more pigment you put on, the longer the life....

Kandies are just tinted clears, and with the quality of the NEW urethanes, they are not likely to fade if you use them properly. I've got motorcycle paint jobs out there that still look great THREE/FOUR years later. It's mainly in the prep work...

Originally posted by tt66
Puhleeeaase!!!. Blue baby. The only way to go. Especially when it's a Klein!

Like it, is that an MTB frame or a road frame?

What is the wheel size?

Originally posted by leadheadnc
[Been told that the kandies & neons have a short life? They tend to fade quickly?

That mtb looks great...

Memph

Neons will fade after time, usually due to a lack of pigment. However, it's the UV rays that fades them. Mine had been painted a year with no fading (before I stripped it last week so I could rebuild it...) BUT I keep it inside...AND I sprayed four coats of color on there...basically, what I've learned is the more pigment you put on, the longer the life....

Kandies are just tinted clears, and with the quality of the NEW urethanes, they are not likely to fade if you use them properly. I've got motorcycle paint jobs out there that still look great THREE/FOUR years later. It's mainly in the prep work... [/QUOTE]

Thanx, you brought up a very good point. A bike that is going to get a custom paint, might see sunlight 4-5 hours per day. A car could see double if not triple that just by parking outside.

As I said, that mtb looks great, would like to see more if you have it....

Memph