frame identification

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by geos, Mar 4, 2006.

  1. geos

    geos Guest

    hello,

    I have a frame and its brand is unknown. the frame has a number on the
    bottom bracket shell: KBBW02825.

    if anyone has similar letters printed on the frame, and know the brand
    please let me know.

    I would appreciate any help.

    thanks,
    geos

    Tags:

  2. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:41:50 +0100, geos <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >hello,
    >
    >I have a frame and its brand is unknown. the frame has a number on the
    >bottom bracket shell: KBBW02825.
    >
    >if anyone has similar letters printed on the frame, and know the brand
    >please let me know.
    >
    >I would appreciate any help.

    This is just a guess, but it might be one of Kent's units; there's a
    contact address on their website at www.kentbicycle.com
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  3. i rode past a little pony - knock out!!

  4. geos

    geos Guest

    Werehatrack wrote:
    > This is just a guess, but it might be one of Kent's units; there's a
    > contact address on their website at www.kentbicycle.com

    hello Werehatrack, and thanks for suggestion. it seems not to be the
    case, though. the frame is a road frame, and looks like this:

    http://tinyurl.com/z3db3

    maybe this picture will be helpful.

    thanks,
    geos

  5. there's a warrant out on that frame

  6. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 23:40:57 +0100, geos <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Werehatrack wrote:
    >> This is just a guess, but it might be one of Kent's units; there's a
    >> contact address on their website at www.kentbicycle.com

    >hello Werehatrack, and thanks for suggestion. it seems not to be the
    >case, though. the frame is a road frame, and looks like this:
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/z3db3
    >
    >maybe this picture will be helpful.

    The dropout's der tab cutout looks a lot like the one Giant uses, but
    several others are similar IIANM. The bent chainstays look sort of
    Giant-ish as well. A trip to a well-equipped parts counter to find
    the tab that matches that recess might narrow the range of makers
    immediately.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  7. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 01:34:04 GMT, Werehatrack
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >...The bent chainstays look sort of
    >Giant-ish as well.

    Excuse me. Bent *seat* stays.