Frame Material

Dreamlx10

Guest
Got this from the BBC cycling website;

The choice of frame material for the serious mountain climber is titanium, the lightest material in
the sport but one that can be hard work to ride for long distances. !!!!!

Graham

"dreamlx10" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Got this from the BBC cycling website;
>
> The choice of frame material for the serious mountain climber is titanium, the lightest material
> in the sport but one that can be hard work to ride for long distances. !!!!!

Hmm - news to me, given Ti's reputation for providing a comfy ride. Yet another sparkling example of
Beeb journalism?

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

[email protected] (David E. Belcher) spake thusly to the assembled multitudes, agog with
barely concealed anticipation:

>Hmm - news to me, given Ti's reputation for providing a comfy ride. Yet another sparkling example
>of Beeb journalism?

It's all down to geometry and preconceptions, though. You can get a hard-riding Ti bike just as you
can get a soft-riding alu machine....

"Julian Barkway" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (David E. Belcher) spake thusly to the assembled multitudes, agog with
> barely concealed anticipation:
>
> >Hmm - news to me, given Ti's reputation for providing a comfy ride. Yet another sparkling example
> >of Beeb journalism?
>
> It's all down to geometry and preconceptions, though. You can get a hard-riding Ti bike just as
> you can get a soft-riding alu machine....

not to mention tyre choice...