Frame Material

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dreamlx10, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamlx10

Dreamlx10 Guest

Got this from the BBC cycling website;

The choice of frame material for the serious mountain climber is titanium, the lightest material in
    the sport but one that can be hard work to ride for long distances. !!!!!

Graham

Tags:

2. "dreamlx10" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Got this from the BBC cycling website;
    >
    > The choice of frame material for the serious mountain climber is titanium, the lightest material
    > in the sport but one that can be hard work to ride for long distances. !!!!!
    >

Hmm - news to me, given Ti's reputation for providing a comfy ride. Yet another sparkling example of
    Beeb journalism?

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

3. [email protected] (David E. Belcher) spake thusly to the assembled multitudes, agog with
    barely concealed anticipation:

>Hmm - news to me, given Ti's reputation for providing a comfy ride. Yet another sparkling example
    >of Beeb journalism?

It's all down to geometry and preconceptions, though. You can get a hard-riding Ti bike just as you
    can get a soft-riding alu machine....

4. Si Davies

Si Davies Guest

"Julian Barkway" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (David E. Belcher) spake thusly to the assembled multitudes, agog with
    > barely concealed anticipation:
    >
    > >Hmm - news to me, given Ti's reputation for providing a comfy ride. Yet another sparkling example
    > >of Beeb journalism?
    >
    > It's all down to geometry and preconceptions, though. You can get a hard-riding Ti bike just as
    > you can get a soft-riding alu machine....
    >
    >

not to mention tyre choice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.