Frame Mounted Air pumps?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by CapeJAN, Jun 25, 2012.

1. CapeJAN

CapeJAN New Member

Hi - I ride a smaller framed specialized road bike, but need to find a decent air pump that can be mounted onto the frame for longer distance rides. I've been having a lot of loss of air in the tires after only 20 miles, and especially when I'm on the real road as oppossed to the bike paths. Any advice on pumps that are light and would not be difficult to use?

Thanks to all --

Tags:

2. Pat Stowe

Pat Stowe New Member

I had to go to cage mounted mini pumps, work ok, more "pumps", "shorter" strokes - try some in the shop by pumping up a tire get the one YOU like best

3. curlymaple42

curlymaple42 New Member

That's good advice there! I ordered one and it is ok, but doesn't stay very good on the frame. I have Velcro straps holding it on. Should have gone to a shop. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

4. Lewie

Lewie New Member

I also purchased a smaller pump (7 inches). Carry it in my seat bag, the pump in an old sock to protect it. Also carry a couple of CO2 cartridges.

Hope you find the problem with your tires losing air.

Good luck

5. An old Guy

An old Guy Member

Fix your tubes. Then you do not need a pump as often.

I only pump my tires up every couple weeks. I only use my frame pump when I have some type of flat; not a slow leak.

I have a cage pump. Works well to assist people who run out of cartridges. 80 strokes to pump my tires up.

6. tomutomu

tomutomu New Member

I keep it in a tool box, along with tubes and levers, on my water bottle cage. Just make sure to pack everything tightly or else you'll get annoyed by hearing it all jumbling around in there.

7. Andrew Pancroft

Andrew Pancroft New Member

I've used the small ones mounted to the cage but, just always find myself going to the co2. So, just took it off!!!

8. lingmina

lingmina New Member

I only pump my tires up every couple weeks. I only use my frame pump when I have some type of flat; not a slow leak.[​IMG]