Frame Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul

My bike is only 8 months old so I guess that the frame should be pretty sound but I'm getting into
the practice of checking it over for cracks when I clean it.

I have notices a couple of small scratches on the beneath of the bottom bracket shell (the are a few
minor scratches on various points on the frame as might be expected). The aren't deep enough to show
through to the aluminium beneath and so probably nothing to worry about - the result of stones and
grit flung up by the front wheel.

I was wondering though whether applying some frame patches here to protect the frame would be a good
idea. Do people think that this might be worthwhile since patches will obscure area of the frame
preventing them from being looked over for cracks.

Thanks for any thoughts (I suspect this is a bit of a newbie question).

Paul.

In article <[email protected]>, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
>My bike is only 8 months old so I guess that the frame should be pretty sound but I'm getting into
>the practice of checking it over for cracks when I clean it.
>
>I have notices a couple of small scratches on the beneath of the bottom bracket shell (the are a
>few minor scratches on various points on the frame as might be expected). The aren't deep enough to
>show through to the aluminium beneath and so probably nothing to worry about - the result of stones
>and grit flung up by the front wheel.
>
>I was wondering though whether applying some frame patches here to protect the frame would be a
>good idea. Do people think that this might be worthwhile since patches will obscure area of the
>frame preventing them from being looked over for cracks.

Waste of time, just ride it and clean/inspect regularly.

--Paul

clear contact if you wish

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... My bike is only 8 months old so I guess that
the frame should be pretty sound but I'm getting into the practice of checking it over for cracks
when I clean it.

I have notices a couple of small scratches on the beneath of the bottom bracket shell (the are a few
minor scratches on various points on the frame as might be expected). The aren't deep enough to show
through to the aluminium beneath and so probably nothing to worry about - the result of stones and
grit flung up by the front wheel.

I was wondering though whether applying some frame patches here to protect the frame would be a good
idea. Do people think that this might be worthwhile since patches will obscure area of the frame
preventing them from being looked over for cracks.

Thanks for any thoughts (I suspect this is a bit of a newbie question).

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.