frame pump for full sus?



Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pat

Guest
x-no-archive:yes

I am thinking of getting a Topeak Mtn. Morph as a frame pump for a full sus bike. Or else...what?

thanks for your input.

Pat
 
"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> x-no-archive:yes
>
> I am thinking of getting a Topeak Mtn. Morph as a frame pump for a full
sus
> bike. Or else...what?
>
> thanks for your input.
>
> Pat
>
>

I gave up keeping a pump on my bike frame for a couple reasons. 1. Multiple bikes meant getting more
than one pump or constantly switching it over or forgetting it completely. 2. Pump gets contaminated
with muck and grit which causes them to fail quickly. So I ride with my pump in my Camelbak pump
pocket. So far it's lasted longer than any other pump I've owned.

Mike
 
"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> x-no-archive:yes
>
> I am thinking of getting a Topeak Mtn. Morph as a frame pump for a full
sus
> bike. Or else...what?
>
> thanks for your input.
>
> Pat
>
>

A hard tail, or rigid frame pump will work just as well.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted.
 
"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> >
> I gave up keeping a pump on my bike frame for a couple reasons. 1.
Multiple
> bikes meant getting more than one pump or constantly switching it over or forgetting it
> completely. 2. Pump gets contaminated with muck and grit which causes them to fail quickly. So
> I ride with my pump in my Camelbak pump pocket. So far it's lasted longer than any other pump
> I've owned.
>
> Mike
>
>
Like wise, much more practical.

cg
 
I've got two street bikes,two FS mtb and two hardtails mtb. Well every one as their own mini pump.
WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY. They all bolt on to the water bottle cage mount. Topeak
masterblaster is one or theres 2 of them . The others, names rubbed off but as I recall Graph was
it. Let me check my hydropack well the there too. And I count on them even got a flat today.

Fire up MTB 03
 
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've got two street bikes,two FS mtb and two hardtails mtb. Well every one as
> their own mini pump. WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY. They all bolt on to the
> water bottle cage mount. Topeak masterblaster is one or theres 2 of them . The
> others, names rubbed off but as I recall Graph was it. Let me check my hydropack
> well the there too. And I count on them even got a flat today.
>
> Fire up MTB 03
>

Does Topeak and Zefal send you Christmas cards? ;^)

Mike
 
RE/
> I've got two street bikes,two FS mtb and two hardtails mtb. Well every one as
> their own mini pump. WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY. They all bolt on to the water
> bottle cage mount. Topeak masterblaster is one or theres 2 of them . The others,
> names rubbed off but as I recall Graph was it. Let me check my hydropack well the
> there too. And I count on them even got a flat today.

I've got a handful of those little Zefal doubleshot minis.

There's one in each saddle roll, and one in the tool roll.

I like having two because they're so light and flimsey-looking that I figure one has to break sooner
or later....but it's been three years on the oldest one and it's still going...
-----------------------
PeteCresswell
 
"D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > x-no-archive:yes
> >
> > I am thinking of getting a Topeak Mtn. Morph as a frame pump for a full
> sus
> > bike. Or else...what?
> >
> > thanks for your input.
> >
> > Pat
> >
> >
>
> A hard tail, or rigid frame pump will work just as well.
>
> --
> DTW .../\.../\.../\...
>
> I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted.
>
>
>
I bought one of these for my son last week. I bought myself the road version earlier in the year and
am well impressed with it, so much so, I bought the company....no, sorry lost it there for a
minute..errr... right, when I bought the road version, it was the only one in the shop. When I went
back to buy one for my son, they had the MTB version as well, at £4 extra. I looked all over the box
and pump and couldn't spot any difference apart from what appeared like slightly more capacity in
the MTB version. Both pumps are capable of doing 120psi and everything else semed the same, so I
bought him the road version, amused that the word Mountain on the side of a cardboard box can be
worth £4....guess it must be printing costs or something ;-) Dave.
p.s. OP, carry mine in my hydrapack. Got 10 bikes and 1 good pump ;-)
 
> > > x-no-archive:yes
> I bought one of these for my son last week. I bought myself the road
version
> earlier in the year and am well impressed with it, so much so, I bought
the
> company....no, sorry lost it there for a minute..errr... right, when I bought the road version, it
> was the only one in the shop.
When
> I went back to buy one for my son, they had the MTB version as well, at £4 extra. I looked all
> over the box and pump and couldn't spot any difference apart from what appeared like slightly more
> capacity in the MTB version. Both pumps are capable of doing 120psi and everything else semed the
> same, so I bought him the road version, amused that the word Mountain on the
side
> of a cardboard box can be worth £4....guess it must be printing costs or something ;-) Dave.
> p.s. OP, carry mine in my hydrapack. Got 10 bikes and 1 good pump ;-)

I have since found that the MTB version is shorter and lighter than the Road version. Plus, the road
version has the gauge, although I think they may be coming out with MTB pumps with the inline gauge
in the future.

I was going to get one per bike, but I am thinking of just carrying the one I have in my
hydrapak instead.

thanks for the input,

Pat in TX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.