Frame respray time

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Holdoway

Last time I had this done, I used Steeles in Sheilds, but I now live in the West Midlands. Can
anyone recommend a company that can clean up and respray my Ally framed bike???

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Holdoway wrote:

> Last time I had this done, I used Steeles in Sheilds, but I now live in the West Midlands. Can
> anyone recommend a company that can clean up and respray my Ally framed bike???

I've been trying to find the same thing. M Steel and Bob Jackson don't check their e-mail and I
haven't been able to get through on the phone either (it's tricky when I'm at work all day and they
were constantly engaged when I did manage it). Bob Jackson will *polish* an aluminium frame, but I
don't know if one can be bead blasted and enamelled. I stripped all the paint off myself, but a
Cannondale without paint looks a bit like the inside of a saucepan because of the extrusion marks!

Argos in bristol still going?

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Steve Holdoway wrote:
>
> > Last time I had this done, I used Steeles in Sheilds, but I now live in the West Midlands. Can
> > anyone recommend a company that can clean up and respray my Ally framed bike???
>
> I've been trying to find the same thing. M Steel and Bob Jackson don't check their e-mail and I
> haven't been able to get through on the phone either (it's tricky when I'm at work all day and
> they were constantly engaged when I did manage it). Bob Jackson will *polish* an aluminium
> frame, but I don't know if one can be bead blasted and enamelled. I stripped all the paint off
> myself, but a Cannondale without paint looks a bit like the inside of a saucepan because of the
> extrusion marks!

> Last time I had this done, I used Steeles in Sheilds, but I now live in the West Midlands. Can
> anyone recommend a company that can clean up and respray my Ally framed bike???

There are always a number of companies who advertise at the back of Cycling Weekly. If no-one posts
anything helpful today, I'll dig them out for you tonight

In article <[email protected]>, Drinky wrote:
>> Last time I had this done, I used Steeles in Sheilds, but I now live in the West Midlands. Can
>> anyone recommend a company that can clean up and respray my Ally framed bike???
>
> There are always a number of companies who advertise at the back of Cycling Weekly. If no-one
> posts anything helpful today, I'll dig them out for you tonight
>
>

I've recently had very good service from Mercian. They made various modifications I wanted and did a
fine job on the cleanup and respray. I'd certainly recommend them.

AC

--
Using Linux GNU/Debian - Windows-free zone http://www.acampbell.org.uk (book reviews and articles)
Email: replace "www." with "ac@"

Status
Not open for further replies.