Frame Respray

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by A Taylor, May 13, 2003.

  1. A Taylor

    A Taylor Guest

    I have a Klein roadie that is starting to look pretty shabby.

    Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    "A Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

    Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George Schneller does a great job and
    charges reasonably.

    Have had a few battered frames of mine resprayed professionally and its like having a new bike !

    Only downside is removing and the replacing all the bits that need to come off - time consuming for
    you or expensive at a bike shop - good time to do it is if you are replacing a group set.

    Suggest listen to the painter about what colours work with what - tap into their experience unless
    you have sourced the exact paint you want.

    And remember to give him a small airtight jar to put some touch up paint in - unless you promise
    never ever to scratch the frame again ....

    best, Andrew

  3. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    "A Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

    Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George Schneller does a great job and
    charges reasonably.

    Have had a few battered frames of mine resprayed professionally and its like having a new bike !

    Only downside is removing and the replacing all the bits that need to come off - time consuming for
    you or expensive at a bike shop - good time to do it is if you are replacing a group set.

    Suggest listen to the painter about what colours work with what - tap into their experience unless
    you have sourced the exact paint you want.

    And remember to give him a small airtight jar to put some touch up paint in - unless you promise
    never ever to scratch the frame again ....

    best, Andrew

  4. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    "A Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

    Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George Schneller does a great job and
    charges reasonably.

    Have had a few battered frames of mine resprayed professionally and its like having a new bike !

    Only downside is removing and the replacing all the bits that need to come off - time consuming for
    you or expensive at a bike shop - good time to do it is if you are replacing a group set.

    Suggest listen to the painter about what colours work with what - tap into their experience unless
    you have sourced the exact paint you want.

    And remember to give him a small airtight jar to put some touch up paint in - unless you promise
    never ever to scratch the frame again ....

    best, Andrew

  5. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    "A Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

    Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George Schneller does a great job and
    charges reasonably.

    Have had a few battered frames of mine resprayed professionally and its like having a new bike !

    Only downside is removing and the replacing all the bits that need to come off - time consuming for
    you or expensive at a bike shop - good time to do it is if you are replacing a group set.

    Suggest listen to the painter about what colours work with what - tap into their experience unless
    you have sourced the exact paint you want.

    And remember to give him a small airtight jar to put some touch up paint in - unless you promise
    never ever to scratch the frame again ....

    best, Andrew

  6. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    "A Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

    Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George Schneller does a great job and
    charges reasonably.

    Have had a few battered frames of mine resprayed professionally and its like having a new bike !

    Only downside is removing and the replacing all the bits that need to come off - time consuming for
    you or expensive at a bike shop - good time to do it is if you are replacing a group set.

    Suggest listen to the painter about what colours work with what - tap into their experience unless
    you have sourced the exact paint you want.

    And remember to give him a small airtight jar to put some touch up paint in - unless you promise
    never ever to scratch the frame again ....

    best, Andrew

  7. Karl Nixon

    Karl Nixon Guest

    "Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George
    > Schneller
    > > does a great job and charges reasonably.
    > >
    > Hey, Andrew Bigpond is sending my news messages multiple times too. I was flamed viciously in rbr
    > because of this (and the fact that I like to see Aussies win races). Mark Lee

    Good isn't it?

    Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and crap service now we get multiple posts.

    Telstra really are hopeless!

    Karl aka Stomper

  8. Karl Nixon

    Karl Nixon Guest

    "Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George
    > Schneller
    > > does a great job and charges reasonably.
    > >
    > Hey, Andrew Bigpond is sending my news messages multiple times too. I was flamed viciously in rbr
    > because of this (and the fact that I like to see Aussies win races). Mark Lee

    Good isn't it?

    Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and crap service now we get multiple posts.

    Telstra really are hopeless!

    Karl aka Stomper

  9. Karl Nixon

    Karl Nixon Guest

    "Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George
    > Schneller
    > > does a great job and charges reasonably.
    > >
    > Hey, Andrew Bigpond is sending my news messages multiple times too. I was flamed viciously in rbr
    > because of this (and the fact that I like to see Aussies win races). Mark Lee

    Good isn't it?

    Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and crap service now we get multiple posts.

    Telstra really are hopeless!

    Karl aka Stomper

  10. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    > Good isn't it?
    >
    > Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and crap
    service
    > now we get multiple posts.
    >
    > Telstra really are hopeless!
    >
    > Karl aka Stomper

    ...and this is the reason that I applied for a Netspace account today.

    3gb more prepaid data per month "shaped" to 72kbps(?) after 6GB transfer rather than being charged
    extra. uploads not charged, unlike tel$tra all for the measly fee increase of -$26. Yes, $26 LESS
    monthly for over double the data allowance, same speed.

    hip

  11. Cody

    Cody Guest

    "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George
    Schneller
    > does a great job and charges reasonably.

    Approximately how much does a bike respray cost?

  12. Powdercoating blows for serveral reasons ...frames flex, powdercoated finished are brittle....hence
    cracks in the finish. If your frame has intricate lugwork powdercoating will happily disguise it to
    look like it has been dipped it in treacle and then oven baked :)

    My opinions only but i dont like powdercoating on bike frames..

    cheers Graeme

    Graham wrote:
    > Find a local business that does powder coating Substantially tougher than spray paint

  13. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Yes, what does it cost, triple-poster-boy?

    &roo