Frame Respray

A Taylor

Guest
I have a Klein roadie that is starting to look pretty shabby.

Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

Thanks

"A Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George Schneller does a great job and
charges reasonably.

Have had a few battered frames of mine resprayed professionally and its like having a new bike !

Only downside is removing and the replacing all the bits that need to come off - time consuming for
you or expensive at a bike shop - good time to do it is if you are replacing a group set.

Suggest listen to the painter about what colours work with what - tap into their experience unless
you have sourced the exact paint you want.

And remember to give him a small airtight jar to put some touch up paint in - unless you promise
never ever to scratch the frame again ....

best, Andrew

> [...]

"A Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Does anybody have any recommendations of someone, preferably in Canberra, who can respray it?

Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George Schneller does a great job and
charges reasonably.

Have had a few battered frames of mine resprayed professionally and its like having a new bike !

Only downside is removing and the replacing all the bits that need to come off - time consuming for
you or expensive at a bike shop - good time to do it is if you are replacing a group set.

Suggest listen to the painter about what colours work with what - tap into their experience unless
you have sourced the exact paint you want.

And remember to give him a small airtight jar to put some touch up paint in - unless you promise
never ever to scratch the frame again ....

"Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George
> Schneller
> > does a great job and charges reasonably.
> >
> Hey, Andrew Bigpond is sending my news messages multiple times too. I was flamed viciously in rbr
> because of this (and the fact that I like to see Aussies win races). Mark Lee

Good isn't it?

Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and **** service now we get multiple posts.

Telstra really are hopeless!

Karl aka Stomper

"Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George
> Schneller
> > does a great job and charges reasonably.
> >
> Hey, Andrew Bigpond is sending my news messages multiple times too. I was flamed viciously in rbr
> because of this (and the fact that I like to see Aussies win races). Mark Lee

Good isn't it?

Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and **** service now we get multiple posts.

Telstra really are hopeless!

Karl aka Stomper

"Mark Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Can't help in Canberra but a guy in Sydney (Redfern) called George
> Schneller
> > does a great job and charges reasonably.
> >
> Hey, Andrew Bigpond is sending my news messages multiple times too. I was flamed viciously in rbr
> because of this (and the fact that I like to see Aussies win races). Mark Lee

Good isn't it?

Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and **** service now we get multiple posts.

Telstra really are hopeless!

Karl aka Stomper

> Good isn't it?
>
> Not only do we have to put up with poor connection speed and ****
service
> now we get multiple posts.
>
> Telstra really are hopeless!
>
> Karl aka Stomper

...and this is the reason that I applied for a Netspace account today.

3gb more prepaid data per month "shaped" to 72kbps(?) after 6GB transfer rather than being charged
extra. uploads not charged, unlike tel$tra all for the measly fee increase of -$26. Yes, $26 LESS
monthly for over double the data allowance, same speed.

hip

Powdercoating blows for serveral reasons ...frames flex, powdercoated finished are brittle....hence
cracks in the finish. If your frame has intricate lugwork powdercoating will happily disguise it to
look like it has been dipped it in treacle and then oven baked :)

My opinions only but i dont like powdercoating on bike frames..

cheers Graeme