Frame size calculators

gnmano

Jan 26, 2004
I have been riding and racing for 10 years now. I have always ridden a 53 or 54cm c-c frame with a 54 to 55 cm top tube with a 90 or 100mm stem. The other day for some strange reason, I decided to check some of the online bike fit calculators. Well, according to the bike fit results, I should be riding a bike with a seat tube in the range of 49 to 50cm c-c with a top tube of 54 to 54.5cm. This seat tube measurement seems way small to go with a 54cm top tube, as well as for my inseam measurement of 775mm, arm measurement of 711mm, and trunk measurement of 614mm (SternalNotch 1397mm). I checked multiple calculators, including Zinn's, and they all gave very similar results. A frame like this would put the head tube far below the properly adjusted seat. I shouldn’t try and find a frame with these seat and top tube dimensions should I? Can anybody riding a custome frame out there clue me in? Up to now, I have been comfortable on my bike, and have near perfect weight distribution (42%F, 58%R).Thanks.

GMAN

Originally posted by gnmano
I have been riding and racing for 10 years now. I have always ridden a 53 or 54cm c-c frame with a 54 to 55 cm top tube with a 90 or 100mm stem. The other day for some strange reason, I decided to check some of the online bike fit calculators. Well, according to the bike fit results, I should be riding a bike with a seat tube in the range of 49 to 50cm c-c with a top tube of 54 to 54.5cm. This seat tube measurement seems way small to go with a 54cm top tube, as well as for my inseam measurement of 775mm, arm measurement of 711mm, and trunk measurement of 614mm (SternalNotch 1397mm). I checked multiple calculators, including Zinn's, and they all gave very similar results. A frame like this would put the head tube far below the properly adjusted seat. I shouldn’t try and find a frame with these seat and top tube dimensions should I? Can anybody riding a custome frame out there clue me in? Up to now, I have been comfortable on my bike, and have near perfect weight distribution (42%F, 58%R).Thanks.

GMAN
Your comfort n the bike is what matters most,and assuming adequate standover,that is mostly TT length and bar height. www.rivbike.com has a different spin of fit for non racers.Check it out.