frame size

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mark Guest, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Mark Guest

Mark Guest New Member

My inquiry is to find the frame size required. My inside leg measurement is 990mm, height 1880mm.
    At present I have a 60cm KenEvans frame with mainly shimano integera componants aboard.
    Cheers, Mark Guest.:)

Tags:

2. xavier

xavier New Member

Very simple.

Are you happy and comfortable with your current frame?

If so, just measure the top tube, stem and seat tube (c-c and c-t) and contact a real knowledgeable shop online or offline for suggestions.

Be very carefule here as many shops out there do not have any knowledgeable staff and will simply unload what they stock. That is why I mentioned to measure yourself your current ride.

If not comfortable then you will defiently need to contact a knowledgeable shop and spend sometime on the phone or in person discussing the changes.

3. Neo

Neo New Member

The basic formula for determining frame size is leg x .65. Your'e tall, so this is going to a bit out, but not by much. Using this formula, you'd need a 64cm frame C/C. When sizing up riders I'll normally work with other factors taken into account, such as frame tubing dimensions; crank length; intended use; and as Xavier points out, what you're currently using and how you've adapted to it.

If you want any further info, send me your e-mail and I'll send you some stuff to fill in and return that'll remove some of the guesswork.

cheers,

Neil, London UK