frame suggestions

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Matthew Paterso, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Hi

    Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
    light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some dirt
    jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.

    Whats everyones ideas on this?

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
    > light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
    > dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
    >
    > Whats everyones ideas on this?

    http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. >Hi

    >Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
    >light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some dirt
    >jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
    >
    >Whats everyones ideas on this?

    Jamis Komodo: $250 from Jensen.

    -Andrew

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Matthew Paterson wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
    > light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
    > dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
    >
    > Whats everyones ideas on this?

    DMR Switchback - currently with 60 quid off at CRC:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/viewproduct.asp?category=Frames&ModelID=2121

  5. Dave Adnum

    Dave Adnum Guest

    "Andrew Thorne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > >Hi
    > >
    > >Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
    > >light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
    > >dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
    > >
    > >Whats everyones ideas on this?
    >

    > Jamis Komodo: $250 from Jensen.
    >
    > -Andrew

    Jamis above mentioned will not responsibly handle big drops or DJ.... will not! it is light tho
    thats why its labelled as a all mountain ie. trailbike hardtail.

    for something drop and DJ proof and yet decently light while still being strong .. go with a (as
    carla menttioned) planet X, or and Evil Imperial (which i can supply you with) there are also a few
    ON ONE frames and .243 Racing frames that would do that job well for you.

    thanks dave contact me if you're interested in an Evil frame (daadnum"nospam"@autobahn.mb.ca)

  6. Iddqd

    Iddqd Guest

    Matthew Paterson wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
    > light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
    > dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
    >
    > Whats everyones ideas on this?

    Santa cruz Chameleon - its not heavy, it will take a lot, has low stand over, good quality all
    over and the frame doubles as both a single speed and a regular frame for gears. Only drawback it
    needs a long seatpost. Only weakpoint seems to be one must make sure the seatpost reaches below
    the top tube.

    http://mtbr.com/reviews/Frameset/product_21266.shtml

    Regards

    Bruno

    --
    To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

    More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less polution.

  7. DaveWV

    DaveWV New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2003
    Get a NORCO. I've had mine for 5 years. Tough as nails IMO.------Dave

  8. J. K.

    J. K. Guest

    Yup- Chameleon is the bike you are describing. Pick up a Thomson 410mm seatpost and you will have
    plentyof tube left over. I weigh 200 and have spent the last 6 months abusing one of these and it
    still looks new. I hit DJ, 6' drops, and downhill with it regularly- the beautiful thing is I can
    turn right around and climb straight back up thehill with no problems. Make sure you get a through-
    axle fork if you want to hit it hard, though...check out revolutionfreeride.com and look in the bike
    review archive- lots fo good information there.

    /Dan

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:28:31 +0100, iddqd <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Matthew Paterson wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
    >> light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
    >> dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
    >>
    >> Whats everyones ideas on this?
    >>
    >Santa cruz Chameleon - its not heavy, it will take a lot, has low stand over, good quality all
    >over and the frame doubles as both a single speed and a regular frame for gears. Only drawback it
    >needs a long seatpost. Only weakpoint seems to be one must make sure the seatpost reaches below
    >the top tube.
    >
    >http://mtbr.com/reviews/Frameset/product_21266.shtml
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Bruno
    >
    >--
    >To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)
    >
    >More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less polution.

  9. Fortar

    Fortar Guest

  10. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want
    something
    > very strong, but quite light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big
    > drops. Also to do some dirt jumping and
    street.
    > Basically a very good all round frame.
    >
    > Whats everyones ideas on this?