frame suggestions

Matthew Paterso

Guest
Hi

Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some dirt
jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.

Whats everyones ideas on this?

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

"Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
> light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
> dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
>
> Whats everyones ideas on this?

http://www.planet-x-bikes.com/

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

>Hi
>
>Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
>light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some dirt
>jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
>
>Whats everyones ideas on this?

Jamis Komodo: $250 from Jensen.

-Andrew

Matthew Paterson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
> light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
> dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
>
> Whats everyones ideas on this?

DMR Switchback - currently with 60 quid off at CRC:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/viewproduct.asp?category=Frames&ModelID=2121

"Andrew Thorne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Hi
> >
> >Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
> >light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
> >dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
> >
> >Whats everyones ideas on this?
>

> Jamis Komodo: $250 from Jensen.
>
> -Andrew

Jamis above mentioned will not responsibly handle big drops or DJ.... will not! it is light tho
thats why its labelled as a all mountain ie. trailbike hardtail.

for something drop and DJ proof and yet decently light while still being strong .. go with a (as
carla menttioned) planet X, or and Evil Imperial (which i can supply you with) there are also a few
ON ONE frames and .243 Racing frames that would do that job well for you.

thanks dave contact me if you're interested in an Evil frame (daadnum"nospam"@autobahn.mb.ca)

Matthew Paterson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
> light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
> dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
>
> Whats everyones ideas on this?

Santa cruz Chameleon - its not heavy, it will take a lot, has low stand over, good quality all
over and the frame doubles as both a single speed and a regular frame for gears. Only drawback it
needs a long seatpost. Only weakpoint seems to be one must make sure the seatpost reaches below
the top tube.

http://mtbr.com/reviews/Frameset/product_21266.shtml

Regards

Bruno

--
To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less polution.

Yup- Chameleon is the bike you are describing. Pick up a Thomson 410mm seatpost and you will have
plentyof tube left over. I weigh 200 and have spent the last 6 months abusing one of these and it
still looks new. I hit DJ, 6' drops, and downhill with it regularly- the beautiful thing is I can
turn right around and climb straight back up thehill with no problems. Make sure you get a through-
axle fork if you want to hit it hard, though...check out revolutionfreeride.com and look in the bike
review archive- lots fo good information there.

/Dan

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:28:31 +0100, iddqd <[email protected]> wrote:

>Matthew Paterson wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want something very strong, but quite
>> light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big drops. Also to do some
>> dirt jumping and street. Basically a very good all round frame.
>>
>> Whats everyones ideas on this?
>>
>Santa cruz Chameleon - its not heavy, it will take a lot, has low stand over, good quality all
>over and the frame doubles as both a single speed and a regular frame for gears. Only drawback it
>needs a long seatpost. Only weakpoint seems to be one must make sure the seatpost reaches below
>the top tube.
>
>http://mtbr.com/reviews/Frameset/product_21266.shtml
>
>Regards
>
>Bruno
>
>--
>To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)
>
>More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less polution.

> Im looking into getting a new frame. A hardtail frame. I want
something
> very strong, but quite light, light enough to ride uphill but strong enough to handle some big
> drops. Also to do some dirt jumping and
street.
> Basically a very good all round frame.
>
> Whats everyones ideas on this?