Frame" to change or not to change

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by silverfridge, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. silverfridge

    silverfridge Guest

    When i said there was a problem with my Qu-ax 24, where one fork is
    longer than the other, it is a problem it was made with, and now i can
    either send it back, or have a tilt in the wheel, which will not do
    anything to affect the uni at all except if a bit of dirt gets stuck
    in, it would have a little less space than the other side, but i don't
    wan't to have to miss out unicycling any longer than i have to
    so here is the question:

    1. Should i send it back, and get a "better" one

    2.Or keep my old one, with a harmless fault,

    bear in mind i did pay $515, and for that price i would expect it to be
    perfect, but are slight differences in forks a common thing, in
    manufacturing?

    --
    silverfridge

    GOD SPEED!
    silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

  2. unifiend454

    unifiend454 Guest

  3. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    send it back...for that price you shouldnt have any issues with it.
    definately send it back.

    --
    trials_uni

    You can't get up and try it again if you don't fall first.
    -Phil
    'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
    informative post go now! edited today!
    Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
    (http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
    unicyclists in your area!
    Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

  4. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    silverfridge wrote:
    > bear in mind i did pay $515, and for that price i would expect it to be
    > perfect, but are slight differences in forks a common thing, in
    > manufacturing?

    I don't think is possible to buy a Qu-Ax for $515, where did you buy it
    from, New Zealand? Sorry if i burst your bubble but you got riped.

    --
    KcTheAcy

    ยค-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  5. Ottawa Dave

    Ottawa Dave Guest

    If one frame leg is only a tiny bit shorter than the other, try makeing
    a shim out of a pop can. Cut a little stip of metal and put it in the
    top of the bearing holder that is on the short side to straighten
    things out.

    Bush mechanics.

    Get out there and ride your new uni.

    Cheers Dave

    --
    Ottawa Dave
    Ottawa Dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7959

  6. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  7. fexnix

    fexnix Guest

  8. musketman

    musketman Guest

  9. Buzz2758

    Buzz2758 Guest

  10. andycookuk

    andycookuk Guest

  11. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

  12. litldude2 wrote:
    > .

  13. skate4flip

    skate4flip Guest

    515.00 AUD (Australia Dollars) = 384.644 USD (United States Dollars)

    --
    skate4flip

    Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25000'
    (http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
    reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), and post '41000'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9ugos) in most replys!!!

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 1/15/06*
    skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

  14. timmy_nz

    timmy_nz Guest

  15. Definitely keep it, unless it is off by like a centimeter. Both my
    trials and muni frames are off a little bit, and so are most frames I
    have seen. It doesn't make a difference. Do you really want to wait
    2-1/2 weeks to be able to ride a unicycle that will be effectively the
    same as the one you have now?

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

  16. manic_mark

    manic_mark Guest

    keep it, my nimbus is slightly off, and it makes no difference at all,
    unless its a long way out. If your that bothered, cut a little shim to
    put in the bearing holder of the short side to even it out, a coke can
    would probably work, ive used a piece of rubber, works a treat

    --
    manic_mark

    lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
    manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

  17. silverfridge

    silverfridge Guest

    Hey guys,
    thanks a bundle,
    i contacted Kris Holm, he said don't worry, so i stuck it in some shim,
    hey that rhymes, but i couldnt have done it without some words of
    advice from all u champs,
    So to all u good people out there,
    CHEERS!:D