Frame" to change or not to change

silverfridge

Guest
When i said there was a problem with my Qu-ax 24, where one fork is
longer than the other, it is a problem it was made with, and now i can
either send it back, or have a tilt in the wheel, which will not do
anything to affect the uni at all except if a bit of dirt gets stuck
in, it would have a little less space than the other side, but i don't
wan't to have to miss out unicycling any longer than i have to
so here is the question:

1. Should i send it back, and get a "better" one

2.Or keep my old one, with a harmless fault,

bear in mind i did pay $515, and for that price i would expect it to be
perfect, but are slight differences in forks a common thing, in
manufacturing?

--
silverfridge

GOD SPEED!
silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

send it back...for that price you shouldnt have any issues with it.
definately send it back.

--
trials_uni

You can't get up and try it again if you don't fall first.
-Phil
'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
informative post go now! edited today!
Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
(http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
unicyclists in your area!
Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

silverfridge wrote:
> bear in mind i did pay $515, and for that price i would expect it to be
> perfect, but are slight differences in forks a common thing, in
> manufacturing?

I don't think is possible to buy a Qu-Ax for $515, where did you buy it
from, New Zealand? Sorry if i burst your bubble but you got riped.

--
KcTheAcy

¤-Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

If one frame leg is only a tiny bit shorter than the other, try makeing
a shim out of a pop can. Cut a little stip of metal and put it in the
top of the bearing holder that is on the short side to straighten
things out.

Bush mechanics.

Get out there and ride your new uni.

Cheers Dave

--
Ottawa Dave
Ottawa Dave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7959

515.00 AUD (Australia Dollars) = 384.644 USD (United States Dollars)

--
skate4flip

Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25000'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), and post '41000'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos) in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 1/15/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Definitely keep it, unless it is off by like a centimeter. Both my
trials and muni frames are off a little bit, and so are most frames I
have seen. It doesn't make a difference. Do you really want to wait
2-1/2 weeks to be able to ride a unicycle that will be effectively the
same as the one you have now?

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

\"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

\"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

keep it, my nimbus is slightly off, and it makes no difference at all,
unless its a long way out. If your that bothered, cut a little shim to
put in the bearing holder of the short side to even it out, a coke can
would probably work, ive used a piece of rubber, works a treat

--
manic_mark

lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

Hey guys,
thanks a bundle,
i contacted Kris Holm, he said don't worry, so i stuck it in some shim,
hey that rhymes, but i couldnt have done it without some words of
advice from all u champs,
So to all u good people out there,
CHEERS!:D