Frame Torque Question

FeltF45

Jun 15, 2004
Winter is coming soon and its time for me to hit the trainer. I have a 7005 Aluminum frame, with a Cycle-Ops trainer. When I ride sort of hard I see my frame bending and moving alot under me. My question is after 3 months of this kind of wear and tear being put on my frame, is it going to develop stress cracks, or become worn to the point that I need a new frame? I would love some input from anyone who knows.

FeltF45 said:
Winter is coming soon and its time for me to hit the trainer. I have a 7005 Aluminum frame, with a Cycle-Ops trainer. When I ride sort of hard I see my frame bending and moving alot under me. My question is after 3 months of this kind of wear and tear being put on my frame, is it going to develop stress cracks, or become worn to the point that I need a new frame? I would love some input from anyone who knows.

the flex is not a problem(per say).... when your on the road your frame is flexing just as much in the same exact manner... you just dont see/notice it

I have a bottechia steel frame that i noticed was flexing at the bottom bracket when it was on my trainer... and carefully watched when on the road... it flexed as well

as far as frame failure....Alum. does fatigue in time, but your trainer is in not in any way going to accelerate that process