frame weight for old Trek

Mapei81

Guest
Does anyone know a source for discovering the frame weight for an early-90s Trek aluminum/carbon
composite frame? This particular one is numbered 2120, I think, and I'm advising someone on a
rebuild/replace decision.

Pls cc my e-mail box if it's convenient. Thanks!

You might find some info at http://www.vintage-trek.com/ -Keith

"Mapei81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know a source for discovering the frame weight for an
early-90s
> Trek aluminum/carbon composite frame? This particular one is numbered
2120, I
> think, and I'm advising someone on a rebuild/replace decision.
>
> Pls cc my e-mail box if it's convenient. Thanks!

"D. Keith Arbuckle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> You might find some info at http://www.vintage-trek.com/ -Keith
>
> "Mapei81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone know a source for discovering the frame weight for an
> early-90s
> > Trek aluminum/carbon composite frame? This particular one is numbered
> 2120, I
> > think, and I'm advising someone on a rebuild/replace decision.

If its a carbon/al mix, its probably early 90's vintage. I have a late 90s 2300 with the carbon main
tubes and AL rear triangle and lugs. really a very nice frame, I think if you strip it down and
weigh it, you'll find it very comparable with current high-end frames. Only drawback in a rebuild is
you'll have to go with a 1" steerer if you convert to threadless; and I've been hearing that 1"
carbon/carbon might not be as solid feeling as a regular Al fork.