frame weight for old Trek

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mapei81, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Mapei81

    Mapei81 Guest

    Does anyone know a source for discovering the frame weight for an early-90s Trek aluminum/carbon
    composite frame? This particular one is numbered 2120, I think, and I'm advising someone on a
    rebuild/replace decision.

    Pls cc my e-mail box if it's convenient. Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. You might find some info at http://www.vintage-trek.com/ -Keith

    "Mapei81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know a source for discovering the frame weight for an
    early-90s
    > Trek aluminum/carbon composite frame? This particular one is numbered
    2120, I
    > think, and I'm advising someone on a rebuild/replace decision.
    >
    > Pls cc my e-mail box if it's convenient. Thanks!

  3. Dan Baker

    Dan Baker Guest

    "D. Keith Arbuckle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > You might find some info at http://www.vintage-trek.com/ -Keith
    >
    > "Mapei81" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone know a source for discovering the frame weight for an
    > early-90s
    > > Trek aluminum/carbon composite frame? This particular one is numbered
    > 2120, I
    > > think, and I'm advising someone on a rebuild/replace decision.

    If its a carbon/al mix, its probably early 90's vintage. I have a late 90s 2300 with the carbon main
    tubes and AL rear triangle and lugs. really a very nice frame, I think if you strip it down and
    weigh it, you'll find it very comparable with current high-end frames. Only drawback in a rebuild is
    you'll have to go with a 1" steerer if you convert to threadless; and I've been hearing that 1"
    carbon/carbon might not be as solid feeling as a regular Al fork.