Framebuilder in VA/DC area?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rob Daugherty, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Folks,

    Does anyone know of a reputable framebuilder in the Northern VA or Washington DC area? The closest I
    know of (or can find) are in Philly, and I'm hoping to have some minor repairs and modifications
    done to an old steel road frame without having to ship the bike out somewhere (plus Bilenky's is on
    a holiday break right now).

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, Rob

    Tags:

  2. Alvin Liau

    Alvin Liau Guest

    "Rob Daugherty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Folks,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a reputable framebuilder in the Northern VA or Washington DC area? The closest
    > I know of (or can find) are in Philly, and I'm hoping to have some minor repairs and modifications
    > done to an old steel road frame without having to ship the bike out somewhere (plus Bilenky's is
    > on a holiday break right now).
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated, Rob

    http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/Hollands_frames.htm

    Alvin Liau

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Alvin Liau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Rob Daugherty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Folks,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know of a reputable framebuilder in the Northern VA or Washington DC area? The
    > > closest I know of (or can find) are in Philly, and I'm hoping to have some minor repairs and
    > > modifications done to an old steel road frame without having to ship the bike out somewhere
    > > (plus Bilenky's is on a holiday break right now).
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated, Rob
    >
    > http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/Hollands_frames.htm

    I'll second the Hollands referral. I was friends with the guy that painted his frames. He does
    good work.

    Mike

  4. Dansmeyers

    Dansmeyers Guest

    >Does anyone know of a reputable framebuilder in the Northern VA or Washington DC area?

    I've got a Hollands frame and would highly recommend him as well.

    Dan