framejig purchase

Jean Andre Vall

Guest
Thanks for all your help. It would be nice to find a jig that would allow me to make single speed
cruiser type bicyle frames. I now realize that recumbants or multispeed racing or touring bicycle
frame building equipment isn't my true passion. But just pedaling around town with a basket and
coaster brakes is. There are a lot of imports in this catagory but not any info on frame building
using those single speed components. Any suggections. Purchasing a complete jig isn't out of the
question however what is the correct one for this? Please send url links and company info if
available. Thanks
---
Jean Andre Vallery PO Box 1761 Sarasota, Florida 34232 [email protected] www.2453.net
www.bicyclemessenger.com www.suncoastsundowncriterium.org 941-378-4403
----------------

"Jean Andre Vallery" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for all your help. It would be nice to find a jig that would allow me to make single speed
> cruiser type bicyle frames. I now realize that recumbants or multispeed racing or touring bicycle
> frame building equipment isn't my true passion. But just pedaling around town with a basket and
> coaster brakes is. There
are
> a lot of imports in this catagory but not any info on frame building using those single speed
> components. Any suggections. Purchasing a complete jig isn't out of the question however what is
> the correct one for this? Please send url links and company info if available. Thanks

If you can make frames you can make a fixture. We used 1/4" steel plate with several heavy steel
angle strips bolted diagonally to the back side . Minimal cost and trouble.

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> If you can make frames you can make a fixture. We used 1/4" steel plate with several heavy steel
> angle strips bolted diagonally to the back side . Minimal cost and trouble.

there is a framebuilder's list, which has consistently excellent advice, and similarly excellent
searchable archives

for simple types of DIY jigs, you can peruse the internet, or take a glance at
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~aaa37/portfolio/bikes/framebuild/frame.htm there are some pictures of my
jig(s) in there, and they seem to do the job... so far (not done yet!)

anthony