framejig purchase

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jean Andre Vall, May 4, 2003.

  1. Thanks for all your help. It would be nice to find a jig that would allow me to make single speed
    cruiser type bicyle frames. I now realize that recumbants or multispeed racing or touring bicycle
    frame building equipment isn't my true passion. But just pedaling around town with a basket and
    coaster brakes is. There are a lot of imports in this catagory but not any info on frame building
    using those single speed components. Any suggections. Purchasing a complete jig isn't out of the
    question however what is the correct one for this? Please send url links and company info if
    available. Thanks
    ---
    Jean Andre Vallery PO Box 1761 Sarasota, Florida 34232 [email protected] www.2453.net
    www.bicyclemessenger.com www.suncoastsundowncriterium.org 941-378-4403
    ----------------

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Jean Andre Vallery" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for all your help. It would be nice to find a jig that would allow me to make single speed
    > cruiser type bicyle frames. I now realize that recumbants or multispeed racing or touring bicycle
    > frame building equipment isn't my true passion. But just pedaling around town with a basket and
    > coaster brakes is. There
    are
    > a lot of imports in this catagory but not any info on frame building using those single speed
    > components. Any suggections. Purchasing a complete jig isn't out of the question however what is
    > the correct one for this? Please send url links and company info if available. Thanks

    If you can make frames you can make a fixture. We used 1/4" steel plate with several heavy steel
    angle strips bolted diagonally to the back side . Minimal cost and trouble.

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    "A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > If you can make frames you can make a fixture. We used 1/4" steel plate with several heavy steel
    > angle strips bolted diagonally to the back side . Minimal cost and trouble.

    there is a framebuilder's list, which has consistently excellent advice, and similarly excellent
    searchable archives

    for simple types of DIY jigs, you can peruse the internet, or take a glance at
    http://pantheon.yale.edu/~aaa37/portfolio/bikes/framebuild/frame.htm there are some pictures of my
    jig(s) in there, and they seem to do the job... so far (not done yet!)

    anthony