France 3 trying to dig up dirt on Lance

Alan Atwood

Guest
espn.com:</a>

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Why does everybody in France think that Lance is
lying? This is getting ridiculous!!! The French police should arrest
this reporting crew and bar them from the rest of the race, PERIOD!
Lance is right when he worries about someone planting stuff; if that
happens the tour is either going to have to go against precedence or
kick Lance out.

This is bull****.

Alan

Try this link. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=1840215 Get
ready for the "I WAS FRAMED defense. They're all out to get him. The list so
far:

Canal 3
David Walsh
Emma O'Reilly
Pierre Balliester
Kathy Lemond
Greg Lemond
ex-Motorola Teammate (?)
Persons Unknown

"Alan Atwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> espn.com:</a>
>
> ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Why does everybody in France think that Lance is
> lying? This is getting ridiculous!!! The French police should arrest
> this reporting crew and bar them from the rest of the race, PERIOD!
> Lance is right when he worries about someone planting stuff; if that
> happens the tour is either going to have to go against precedence or
> kick Lance out.
>
> This is bull****.
>
> Alan

I saw a show on Ben Johnson last night. To this day, he and his coach
Charlie Francis insist that Ben's sample which gave a positive test at Seoul
was tampered with. Of course since Seoul they've admitted to doping, but
haven't admitted to doping with what Ben was caught with. Another
interesting aspect of this case is the fact that the positive test was
leaked to the press somehow. If the leak never occurred, Ben's test result
may never have been made public. Conversely, at the LA Olympics the head of
doping had a list of Americans (and others I suppose) that tested positive.
The list cross-referenced the blood samples with the athlete's names.
Someone broke into the safe where the list was kept and shredded the
document. So the difference between Ben Johnson and his competitors is that
the media went after Ben while governing bodies protected the others.

Doping has been getting ridiculous since the late 70s. Don't feel bad for
LA, he gets paid very well for the scrutiny he puts up with. The sport is
tainted, he's the best in the sport, therefore he's going to be pushed and
prodded. And who knows, maybe he's one step away from being the cycling
equivalent of Ben Johnson. The only people I feel bad for are the kids that
get sucked into the drug mentality, like 14 year old girls from the former
East Germany.

[email protected] (Alan Atwood) writes:

> espn.com:</a>
>
> ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Why does everybody in France think that Lance is
> lying? This is getting ridiculous!!! The French police should arrest
> this reporting crew and bar them from the rest of the race, PERIOD!
> Lance is right when he worries about someone planting stuff; if that
> happens the tour is either going to have to go against precedence or
> kick Lance out.

Right you are sport. Lance never took any dope.

Neither did Spotted **** nor the Haggis Snapper

What's the history between Lemond and Armstrong? And why is Lemond a missing
presence in today's cycling scene? E.g. no involvement with OLN's coverage
of the Tour, no commentary for ESPN or other networks covering the Tour,
etc.

--
Kovie
[email protected]zen

"Kovie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> What's the history between Lemond and Armstrong? And why is Lemond a

missing
> presence in today's cycling scene? E.g. no involvement with OLN's coverage
> of the Tour, no commentary for ESPN or other networks covering the Tour,
> etc.

Well, Greg never looked like he wanted to work for the media and he likely
does not have much economic incentive to even bother. You should have
noticed that the really successful American ex-pros don't bother to go for
media gigs. In Europe, the sport is a lot more prestigious and a lot of the
top guys hang around because of that rather than a need for income (although
many of them do need the money, plenty more do not and even have other jobs
liek Jalabert with Look and so on).

OTOH, he is jealous of Armstrong and to be honest Lance did not do a good
job at showing respect to Greg when Greg was the big shot. Greg has always
bee too sensitive and Lance has always been a bit of a ****, so this was
perhaps inevitable and the the fight over doping just happens to be a
convenient knife for Greg to use against Lance to pay him back for the
shitty attitude Lance got as soon as he had his first results as a very
young pro. Greg was running with fouled spark plugs by then and probably
should have retired at the end of the '92 season when it was very clear that
regardless of the excuse he used, he just did not have what it takes to lead
a top team. His should have been a gracious road captain or retired like
Hinault Bernard Hinault left the sport at the age of 32 as soon as he saw
the first signs of form loss from aging. He managed to place second to Greg
that year in the Tour and nobody really had to ever look at him trying to
hold back from using phrases like "has been" and "washed up".

> --
> Kovie
> [email protected]zen

> > Try this link. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=1840215 Get
> > ready for the "I WAS FRAMED defense. They're all out to get him. The

list
> so
> > far:
> >
> > Canal 3
> > David Walsh
> > Emma O'Reilly
> > Pierre Balliester
> > Kathy Lemond
> > Greg Lemond
> > ex-Motorola Teammate (?)
> > Persons Unknown
> >

> > "Alan Atwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > espn.com:</a>
> > >
> > > ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Why does everybody in France think that Lance is
> > > lying? This is getting ridiculous!!! The French police should arrest
> > > this reporting crew and bar them from the rest of the race, PERIOD!
> > > Lance is right when he worries about someone planting stuff; if that
> > > happens the tour is either going to have to go against precedence or
> > > kick Lance out.
> > >
> > > This is bull****.
> > >
> > > Alan

"Kovie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> What's the history between Lemond and Armstrong? And why is Lemond a

missing
> presence in today's cycling scene?

He was in a commercial last year on the Camelback hydration system.

> "Kovie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > What's the history between Lemond and Armstrong? And why is Lemond a

> missing
> > presence in today's cycling scene? E.g. no involvement with OLN's

coverage
> > of the Tour, no commentary for ESPN or other networks covering the Tour,
> > etc.

> Well, Greg never looked like he wanted to work for the media and he likely
> does not have much economic incentive to even bother. You should have
> noticed that the really successful American ex-pros don't bother to go for
> media gigs. In Europe, the sport is a lot more prestigious and a lot of

the
> top guys hang around because of that rather than a need for income

(although
> many of them do need the money, plenty more do not and even have other

jobs
> liek Jalabert with Look and so on).

Not to mention the fact that he was pretty busy (and perhaps still is) with
his bike businesses.

I wonder who is going to win the British Open? Tiger seems to be having a
tough time out there lately.

Curt

"Alan Atwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> espn.com:</a>
>
> ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! Why does everybody in France think that Lance is
> lying? This is getting ridiculous!!! The French police should arrest
> this reporting crew and bar them from the rest of the race, PERIOD!
> Lance is right when he worries about someone planting stuff; if that
> happens the tour is either going to have to go against precedence or
> kick Lance out.
>
> This is bull****.
>
> Alan

Didn't he sell Lemond bikes to Trek a while back? Or does he still run that
Trek division?

--
Kovie
[email protected]zen

"RJG" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Kovie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > What's the history between Lemond and Armstrong? And why is Lemond a

> > missing
> > > presence in today's cycling scene? E.g. no involvement with OLN's

> coverage
> > > of the Tour, no commentary for ESPN or other networks covering the

Tour,
> > > etc.

> > Well, Greg never looked like he wanted to work for the media and he

likely
> > does not have much economic incentive to even bother. You should have
> > noticed that the really successful American ex-pros don't bother to go

for
> > media gigs. In Europe, the sport is a lot more prestigious and a lot of

> the
> > top guys hang around because of that rather than a need for income

> (although
> > many of them do need the money, plenty more do not and even have other

> jobs
> > liek Jalabert with Look and so on).

> Not to mention the fact that he was pretty busy (and perhaps still is)

with
> his bike businesses.

Hmm, this answers a lot of questions I've had about the transition from
Lemond to Armstrong in the early 90's. I didn't realize it didn't go very
smoothly, although I have heard that in his younger days Armstrong was
considered to be extremely arrogant (but then again in sports the best often
are, especially when just starting out). Thanks for the info. Do you know of
any feature-length magazine articles or tv spots on this topic? Sounds like
it would be a really interesting read, and perhaps even book if expanded
into the history of US cycling since its resurgence in the mid-70's. Hell,
if you included the old stuff going back to the 19th century this would be
the makings of a great Burns documentary. But I digress...

--
Kovie
[email protected]zen

> [...]

Get
> > > ready for the "I WAS FRAMED defense. They're all out to get him. The

> list
> > so
> > > far:
> > >
> > > Canal 3
> > > David Walsh
> > > Emma O'Reilly
> > > Pierre Balliester
> > > Kathy Lemond
> > > Greg Lemond
> > > ex-Motorola Teammate (?)
> > > Persons Unknown
> > >

> > > "Alan Atwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

arrest

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Try this link. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=1840215 Get
> ready for the "I WAS FRAMED defense. They're all out to get him. The list so

For a guy who likes to see conspiracies between LA, Leblanc, Verbruggen,
and God knows who all, you sure are an amateur. This France 3 TV crew
stuff is obviously all a setup, but not in the way you or LA thinks.
RBR dumbasses like to fulminate about how the French hate Americans and
the US, but that's stupid. It's not like the French have a long bad
history with the US. Who do they really not want to invade and conquer
the Tour? That's right, the GERMANS. Sheez.

Bruyneel and Leblanc paid off that Canal 3 crew to get caught in USPS's hotel
to make Lance mad. Because everyone knows that it is not a good idea to
get him angry. Angry enough to drag his suffering old carcass up a mountain
and put one more hurt on Jan when he could have his feet up on the sofa
drinking a Shiner Bock ...

Ben
Shiner Bock's ok, but not my favorite

"Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Try this link. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=1840215 Get
> > ready for the "I WAS FRAMED defense. They're all out to get him. The

list so
> > far:
> >
> > Canal 3
> > David Walsh
> > Emma O'Reilly
> > Pierre Balliester
> > Kathy Lemond
> > Greg Lemond
> > ex-Motorola Teammate (?)
> > Persons Unknown

> For a guy who likes to see conspiracies between LA, Leblanc, Verbruggen,
> and God knows who all, you sure are an amateur. This France 3 TV crew
> stuff is obviously all a setup, but not in the way you or LA thinks.
> RBR dumbasses like to fulminate about how the French hate Americans and
> the US, but that's stupid. It's not like the French have a long bad
> history with the US. Who do they really not want to invade and conquer
> the Tour? That's right, the GERMANS. Sheez.
>
> Bruyneel and Leblanc paid off that Canal 3 crew to get caught in USPS's

hotel
> to make Lance mad. Because everyone knows that it is not a good idea to
> get him angry. Angry enough to drag his suffering old carcass up a

mountain
> and put one more hurt on Jan when he could have his feet up on the sofa
> drinking a Shiner Bock ...
>
> Ben
> Shiner Bock's ok, but not my favorite

Who would have known?