France and the French was Re: Big Disappointment: Polar S720i Heart Rate Monitor

R Brickston wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2006 11:36:16 -0700, "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >R Brickston wrote:

> >> So, you approve of the action on Sept. 11?

> >I greatly approve of the actions of September 11, 1906, when Mohandas
> >Gandhi first used his methodology of Satyagraha (non-violent protest).

> Gosh, if we had only used that methodology against the Japanese and
> ****** in WWII. Think of all the lives it would have saved.

R. Brickston is attempting to imply that I said something that I did
not, i.e. that Satyagraha (non-violent protest) is universally
applicable. This is both a poor and dishonest debating tactic.

Think of all the lives that would have been saved if instead of the
punitive Treaty of Versailles, something similar to the Marshall Plan
had been implemented in Europe at the end of WW1.

If you want to bring ****** into the discussion, what recent event has
similarities to the Reichstag Fire?

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

On 2 Sep 2006 12:19:52 -0700, "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>> On 2 Sep 2006 11:36:16 -0700, "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >I greatly approve of the actions of September 11, 1906, when Mohandas
>> >Gandhi first used his methodology of Satyagraha (non-violent protest).

>> Gosh, if we had only used that methodology against the Japanese and
>> ****** in WWII. Think of all the lives it would have saved.

>R. Brickston is attempting to imply that I said something that I did
>not, i.e. that Satyagraha (non-violent protest) is universally
>applicable. This is both a poor and dishonest debating tactic.
>
>Think of all the lives that would have been saved if instead of the
>punitive Treaty of Versailles, something similar to the Marshall Plan
>had been implemented in Europe at the end of WW1.
>
>If you want to bring ****** into the discussion, what recent event has
>similarities to the Reichstag Fire?

There was evidenced it was a staged event, IIRC, from reading Toland's
biography of ******.

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> R Brickston wrote:
>> On 2 Sep 2006 11:36:16 -0700, "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I greatly approve of the actions of September 11, 1906, when Mohandas
>>> Gandhi first used his methodology of Satyagraha (non-violent protest).

>> Gosh, if we had only used that methodology against the Japanese and
>> ****** in WWII. Think of all the lives it would have saved.

> R. Brickston is attempting to imply that I said something that I did
> not, i.e. that Satyagraha (non-violent protest) is universally
> applicable. This is both a poor and dishonest debating tactic.
>
> Think of all the lives that would have been saved if instead of the
> punitive Treaty of Versailles, something similar to the Marshall Plan
> had been implemented in Europe at the end of WW1.
>
> If you want to bring ****** into the discussion, what recent event has
> similarities to the Reichstag Fire?

Have you noticed that Brickston's sole purpose in life seems to be
insulting others, mostly me lately?
He's a hot air bag as far as I can tell.
Bill Baka

<[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>> On 2 Sep 2006 11:36:16 -0700, "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >I greatly approve of the actions of September 11, 1906, when Mohandas
>> >Gandhi first used his methodology of Satyagraha (non-violent protest).

>> Gosh, if we had only used that methodology against the Japanese and
>> ****** in WWII. Think of all the lives it would have saved.

>R. Brickston is attempting to imply that I said something that I did
>not, i.e. that Satyagraha (non-violent protest) is universally
>applicable. This is both a poor and dishonest debating tactic.

Well, if you said, "I greatly approve of the actions of September 11,
2005, when we threw a birthday party for my (plug in favorite
relative)," that is obviously not related and no meaning applicable to
the present conversation. However, your Ghandi comment is the real
example of a poor debating tactic, as is your attempt to deny what you
were inferring.

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:37:43 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
>> R Brickston wrote:

>>> Gosh, if we had only used that methodology against the Japanese and
>>> ****** in WWII. Think of all the lives it would have saved.

>> R. Brickston is attempting to imply that I said something that I did
>> not, i.e. that Satyagraha (non-violent protest) is universally
>> applicable. This is both a poor and dishonest debating tactic.
>>
>> Think of all the lives that would have been saved if instead of the
>> punitive Treaty of Versailles, something similar to the Marshall Plan
>> had been implemented in Europe at the end of WW1.
>>
>> If you want to bring ****** into the discussion, what recent event has
>> similarities to the Reichstag Fire?
>>

>Have you noticed that Brickston's sole purpose in life seems to be
>insulting others, mostly me lately?
>He's a hot air bag as far as I can tell.
>Bill Baka

*I'm* the hot air? ROFLMAO..!

In article <[email protected]>,
R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

> 1. Any person who doesn't agree fully and totally with thne bizarre
> viewpoint of The Islamic UseNet Terrorist, known as M. Bakunin.

brickston, before qualifying someone, try to understand what he/she is
saying.
you are a typical brain washed republican, repeating ad nauseam what
you're told. the problem with that is that you are all using the same
words, adjectives and so on. even the word terrorist is abused by
assholes like you. is it supposed to scare me? being insulted by a
brickston? you are just like the nazis from the 30s: insult people,
reject everything you can't understand (=90%), be xenophobic, be a good
little fascist (easy when you send other people to war), and believe
your little empire will last for ever. even reason seems a bizarre
viewpoint for people like you: how dare we use our brains, instead of
repeating the official propaganda.
you are pitiful.

--
*** USA, THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED PLUTOCRACY ***

http://www.usenet.com

In article <[email protected]>,
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> R. Brickston is attempting to imply that I said something that I did
> not,

what did you expect from a fascist?
disinformation, distortion, fabrication, lies, misquotes, etc... etc...
next step will be the supreme insult: he'll call you a terrorist.
the dimwit is slightly on the right of genghis khan.

--

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:37:43 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Have you noticed that Brickston's sole purpose in life seems to be
>> insulting others, mostly me lately?
>> He's a hot air bag as far as I can tell.
>> Bill Baka

> *I'm* the hot air? ROFLMAO..!

Aside from the infamous tricycle post that I will never live down on
this group, I have done what I have posted. If you can't believe it,
then I am sorry for you having never experienced very much of a life.
I have the balls to at least attempt something, and you appear to be
lacking. As I have said before, I have no right to be alive after some
of the stuff I have done. My worst blunder cost me 6 months in a
hospital, and that was from a damned car malfunction.
At least I have not lived life as a sissy afraid to venture out of his
padded room, as seems to be your case.
Now I am going out to plunder a fig tree I found on my wanderings.
Yummy.
Bill Baka

Bill Baka wrote on 02/09/2006 18:53 +0100:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
> I don't think one ever blew up and for a disposal mission there would be
> no need to send up people. That was just an example anyway since there
> are now plenty of reliable international rockets available. Using the
> shuttle to take up small pieces of the space station is a waste, where a
> really heavy lift vehicle like the Saturn could do the work of maybe 20
> shuttle missions, more if they put SRB's on it.
> The shuttle is showmanship at this point, and NASA really wants to
> replace it.
> Bill Baka

Well with only 13 flights that's pretty meaningless. The first thirteen
747 flights didn't crash but that doesn't mean that 747's don't crash.
And if just one crashed on launch (and plenty of "reliable international
rockets" have) with a payload of 239Pu, with a half life of 24,000 years
I don't think you will see much habitation of some large area for some
long time, particularly given the reactivity with water and oxygen, to
say nothing of getting a worthwhile amount into the payload without it
going critical (critical mass ~ 10kg).

Nope, as an idea it just doesn't fly and both NASA and the DOE agree.
http://www.ocrwm.doe.gov/ym_repository/about_project/waste_explained/space.shtml

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:43:45 -0500, "M. Bakunin" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:
>
>> 1. Any person who doesn't agree fully and totally with thne bizarre
>> viewpoint of The Islamic UseNet Terrorist, known as M. Bakunin.

>brickston, before qualifying someone, try to understand what he/she is
>saying.
>you are a typical brain washed republican, repeating ad nauseam what
>you're told. the problem with that is that you are all using the same
>words, adjectives and so on. even the word terrorist is abused by
>assholes like you. is it supposed to scare me? being insulted by a
>brickston? you are just like the nazis from the 30s: insult people,
>reject everything you can't understand (=90%), be xenophobic, be a good
>little fascist (easy when you send other people to war), and believe
>your little empire will last for ever. even reason seems a bizarre
>viewpoint for people like you: how dare we use our brains, instead of
>repeating the official propaganda.
>you are pitiful.

Really? Why don't you answer the question I asked you a few months ago
when the invasion of Iraq was being discussed?

Who wrote this and when?

And the bonus question is: Why did you ignore it? Afraid to "dare to
use your brain, instead of repeating the official propaganda" when it
disagrees with your revisionist view of historical fact?

As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware
that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue
of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in
the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a
threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the
weapons inspection process.

The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to
eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our
troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi people. The citizens
of Iraq have suffered the most for Saddam Hussein's activities; sadly,
those same citizens now stand to suffer more. I have supported efforts
to ease the humanitarian situation in Iraq and my thoughts and prayers
are with the innocent Iraqi civilians, as well as with the families of
U.S. troops participating in the current action.

I believe in negotiated solutions to international conflict. This is,
unfortunately, not going to be the case in this situation where Saddam
Hussein has been a repeat offender, ignoring the international
community's requirement that he come clean with his weapons program.
While I support the President, I hope and pray that this conflict can
be resolved quickly and that the international community can find a
lasting solution through diplomatic means.

Here's another bonus question for you to avoid: Provide authors and
dates for the following quotes:

"If Saddam rejects peace, and we have to use force, our purpose is
clear: We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's
weapons of mass destruction program."

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and
the security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass
destruction technology, which is a threat to countries in the region,
and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and
developing weapons of mass destruction."

"There was unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear
weapons within the next five years. We also should remember that we
have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development
of weapons of mass destruction."

"[H]e does have the capacity, as all terrorist-related operations do,
of smuggling stuff into the United States and doing something
terrible. That is true. But there's been no connection, hard
connection made yet between he and al-Qaida or his willingness or
effort to do that thus far. Doesn't mean he won't. This is a bad guy."

D"One of the most compelling threats we in this country face today is
the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Threat assessments
regularly warn us of the possibility that North Korea, Iran, Iraq, or
some other nation may acquire or develop nuclear weapons."

"[M]y own personal view is, I think Saddam has chemical and biological
weapons, and I expect that he is trying to develop a nuclear weapon.
So at some point,we might have to act precipitously."

"Yes, he has chemical weapons. Yes, he has biological weapons. He is
trying to get nuclear weapons."

"We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st
Century.... They will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build
arsenals of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles
to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen. There is no
more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein."

"The question is whether we're going to allow this man who's been
developing weapons of mass destruction continue to develop weapons of
mass destruction, get nuclear capability and get to the place where --
if we're going to stop him if he invades a country around him -- it'll
cost millions of lives as opposed to thousands of lives."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
weapons throughout his country."

"Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear
that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity
and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability
of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of
terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions
near but not exactly in the Middle East."

Tony Raven wrote:
> Bill Baka wrote on 02/09/2006 18:53 +0100:
>> Tony Raven wrote:
>>
>> I don't think one ever blew up and for a disposal mission there would
>> be no need to send up people. That was just an example anyway since
>> there are now plenty of reliable international rockets available.
>> Using the shuttle to take up small pieces of the space station is a
>> waste, where a really heavy lift vehicle like the Saturn could do the
>> work of maybe 20 shuttle missions, more if they put SRB's on it.
>> The shuttle is showmanship at this point, and NASA really wants to
>> replace it.
>> Bill Baka

> Well with only 13 flights that's pretty meaningless. The first thirteen
> 747 flights didn't crash but that doesn't mean that 747's don't crash.
> And if just one crashed on launch (and plenty of "reliable international
> rockets" have) with a payload of 239Pu, with a half life of 24,000 years
> I don't think you will see much habitation of some large area for some
> long time, particularly given the reactivity with water and oxygen, to
> say nothing of getting a worthwhile amount into the payload without it
> going critical (critical mass ~ 10kg).
>
> Nope, as an idea it just doesn't fly and both NASA and the DOE agree.
> http://www.ocrwm.doe.gov/ym_repository/about_project/waste_explained/space.shtml

Interesting link you found there. While it is true that nothing man made
is foolproof I was thinking about small crash proof containers of about
1 pound each, but that might cost way more than it is worth. NASA was
fooling around with the idea of nuclear powered space craft for Mars
missions but that idea got scrapped due to concern of the consequences
of a failed launch.
For what it is worth the Voyager probe and another that are out of our
solar system use nuclear thermal power since they are so far from the
sun that solar would be meaningless.
The NASA comment about launching waste into orbit around the sun is pure
stupidity. It would obviously (grade school math level) be easier just
to plonk it into the sun.
Oh well, it was just an idea.
Bill Baka

R Brickston wrote:
Brickston snipped out for being too long.
We are "At war." with terrorism, mostly meaning Iraq, while we ignore
the genocide that the Muslims are committing on the southern end of
their territory. Why are we ignoring that? Simple, no oil. The dirt poor
Africans who are being slaughtered simply have nothing we need so we let
them be killed.
Does that say anything about politics to you?
Bill Baka

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:02:11 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 19:37:43 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you noticed that Brickston's sole purpose in life seems to be
>>> insulting others, mostly me lately?
>>> He's a hot air bag as far as I can tell.
>>> Bill Baka

>> *I'm* the hot air? ROFLMAO..!

>Aside from the infamous tricycle post that I will never live down on
>this group, I have done what I have posted. If you can't believe it,
>then

I think everyone will agree that your stories are highly imaginative,
to say the least.

>I am sorry for you having never experienced very much of a life.
>I have the balls to at least attempt something, and you appear to be
>lacking

Where do you get this idea? How could you possibly know anything about
my life experiences?

Perhaps you think that anyone who has had noteworthy happenings in
their life will come on a newsgroup and brag about every single one of
them, sometimes repetitively at every single chance they get.

So, it would seem then, you must think that 99% of the posters here
must have led very mundane existences compared to yours.

>As I have said before, I have no right to be alive after some
>of the stuff I have done.

Translation: Blah, blah, blah, blah......

> My worst blunder cost me 6 months in a
>hospital, and that was from a damned car malfunction.

Translation: Blah, blah, blah, blah......

>At least I have not lived life as a sissy afraid to venture out of his
>padded room, as seems to be your case.

Translation: Blah, blah, blah, blah......

>Now I am going out to plunder a fig tree I found on my wanderings.
>Yummy.
>Bill Baka

Translation: Blah, blah, blah, blah......

In article <[email protected]>,
R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:

> Really? Why don't you answer the question I asked you a few months ago
> when the invasion of Iraq was being discussed?
>
> Who wrote this and when?

"a few months ago" i was not using this provider or this monicker.

you're confused. really confused.

--

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:32:37 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>Brickston snipped out for being too long.
>We are "At war." with terrorism, mostly meaning Iraq, while we ignore
>the genocide that the Muslims are committing on the southern end of
>their territory. Why are we ignoring that? Simple, no oil. The dirt poor
>Africans who are being slaughtered simply have nothing we need so we let
>them be killed.
>Does that say anything about politics to you?
>Bill Baka

Yeah, it says you have your head up your ass.

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:57:52 -0500, "M. Bakunin" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> R Brickston <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote:
>
>> Really? Why don't you answer the question I asked you a few months ago
>> when the invasion of Iraq was being discussed?
>>
>> Who wrote this and when?

>"a few months ago" i was not using this provider or this monicker.
>
>you're confused. really confused.

Yeah, right:

http://tinyurl.com/erswm

R Brickston wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:32:37 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:
>> Brickston snipped out for being too long.
>> We are "At war." with terrorism, mostly meaning Iraq, while we ignore
>> the genocide that the Muslims are committing on the southern end of
>> their territory. Why are we ignoring that? Simple, no oil. The dirt poor
>> Africans who are being slaughtered simply have nothing we need so we let
>> them be killed.
>> Does that say anything about politics to you?
>> Bill Baka

> Yeah, it says you have your head up your ass.

I meant to anyone intelligent, not you.

R Brickston wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2006 12:19:52 -0700, "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >R Brickston wrote:

> >> Gosh, if we had only used that methodology against the Japanese and
> >> ****** in WWII. Think of all the lives it would have saved.

> >R. Brickston is attempting to imply that I said something that I did
> >not, i.e. that Satyagraha (non-violent protest) is universally
> >applicable. This is both a poor and dishonest debating tactic.

> Well, if you said, "I greatly approve of the actions of September 11,
> 2005, when we threw a birthday party for my (plug in favorite
> relative)," that is obviously not related and no meaning applicable to
> the present conversation. However, your Ghandi comment is the real
> example of a poor debating tactic, as is your attempt to deny what you
> were inferring.

There are many events that have happened on September 11, and to assume
one is of such greater importance than the others that it is assumed to
be the event referred to is jingoistic arrogance - there is my implied
point.

--

Bill Baka wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
> > Bill Baka wrote on 01/09/2006 21:11 +0100:
> >>
> >> I'm for using all the nuclear material for power plants and if
> >> Plutonium can't be used as such, just take and fire the excess into
> >> the sun whenever enough builds up.
> >> 3 benefits.
> >> 1. No Plutonium for bombs.
> >> 2. Nuclear energy, sorely needed since alternative energy is going
> >> nowhere fast.
> >> 3. No bombs left over for terrorists to grab or the ex-USSR to sell.
> >> Bill Baka

> > 4. SE USA become uninhabitable for several thousand years when a launch
> > fails as it inevitably will (vide Challenger and Columbia)
> >

> Use a rocket, not that waste they call a shuttle. That thing has been a
> farce since day one. I would gladly sit in a capsule on top of a Saturn
> V rocket, but not in a shuttle.

The safest way to dispose of nuclear waste appears to be to drill very
deep holes (significantly below the depth of any aquifer) into bedrock,
place the waste in a vitrified form in the hole, and backfill with a
cement grout. The downside is that drilling such holes is extremely
expensive.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> Bill Baka wrote:
>> Tony Raven wrote:
>>> 4. SE USA become uninhabitable for several thousand years when a launch
>>> fails as it inevitably will (vide Challenger and Columbia)
>>>

>> Use a rocket, not that waste they call a shuttle. That thing has been a
>> farce since day one. I would gladly sit in a capsule on top of a Saturn
>> V rocket, but not in a shuttle.

> The safest way to dispose of nuclear waste appears to be to drill very
> deep holes (significantly below the depth of any aquifer) into bedrock,
> place the waste in a vitrified form in the hole, and backfill with a
> cement grout. The downside is that drilling such holes is extremely
> expensive.

Yeah,
I have been reading stuff on the DOE web site for about an hour and deep
rock storage seems to be the best way to go. I was blown away by the
sheer tonnage of waste the US has generated. Reprocessing to recover
more good Uranium is one thing they could do, as they mentioned, but
there is still a lot of just plain waste that is super radioactive. I
had an idea of drilling a hole about 3 miles down and then setting off
an atomic bomb at the bottom, thus making a chamber that could hold the
waste. Of course there has to be a downside to that too.
It is a kind of no win situation.
Bill Baka