Frank Schleck

Cobblestones

Jul 2, 2007
I read in the newspaper that Frank Schleck got off, because the money he gave Fuentes was supposed to pay for training program/advise.

Now I'm not a physician, but considering that Fuentes is an ob/gyn, I kind of doubt that Frank paid 7,000 Euro for advise on the correct use of Kegel exercises.

Anyway, here's a link (Reuters) in case you doubt my word. I was surprised that it wasn't discussed here yet.

Yeah I was about to start something but didnt want to steal WBT's thunder.

It is laughable. I definitely hate CSC more than I hate Lance. Or perhaps equal to the hate I have for Astana and Lance. And Rock Racing. And the former Dummybrush Surreal team. I hate all these clowns that think they beat the rap.

Frank Schrek is a piece of ****. I've officially written the cnut off. I'd dump CSC and Astana for good from the TDF. Dump Lance for good. Dump Johan for good.

The sport is so ****. I love to watch it but I dont respect it. I dont really despise the riders so much but that former UCI head honcho was an epic piece of **** and I'd wipe the slate totally clean with the UCI. We need the UCI as a concept but the reality needs to be destroyed and rebuilt.

If not then we continue of this endless euro summer days blood transfusion confusion.

Its all very ghey.

Geoff Vadar said:

It is laughable. I definitely hate CSC more than I hate Lance. Or perhaps equal to the hate I have for Astana and Lance. And Rock Racing. And the former Dummybrush Surreal team. I hate all these clowns that think they beat the rap.

Frank Schrek is a piece of ****. I've officially written the cnut off. I'd dump CSC and Astana for good from the TDF. Dump Lance for good. Dump Johan for good.

The sport is so ****. I love to watch it but I dont respect it. I dont really despise the riders so much but that former UCI head honcho was an epic piece of **** and I'd wipe the slate totally clean with the UCI. We need the UCI as a concept but the reality needs to be destroyed and rebuilt.

If not then we continue of this endless euro summer days blood transfusion confusion.

Its all very ghey.
My sentiments exactly except that I don't even care to watch it anymore. The fact that some riders are expendable and others untouchable is the sad reality of this so-called pro "sport". And no one's being naive here, I fully understand every professional sport with a sanctioning/governing body has its share "teflon don's" and scapegoats, but my athletic focus at this time happens to be cycling and the current state of pro cycling is a real downer...

The fact that Schleck is getting walking papers on this one is sickening and further sullies the reps of pro cyclists everywhere...

It looks like ALAD's investigation turned up empty, and suspending Schleck for two years based on a wire-transfer to a swiss company would never pass. You can complain all you want, but the evidence just isn't there. I'm not saying he's squeaky clean, just that a suspension has to based on more than suspicion and "I hate that ****ing team".

Your attitides coma across as childish. That might be what you intended, but I had an irony bypass operation yesterday.

I think it's more of the whole inconsistency of the Puerto saga.
Some riders got tared and feathered and others nary a second glance.

Schleck is just another that's gone into the 'nary a second glance' category.

There are plenty of other riders from the Puerto list who despite having nothing incriminating against them (that I know of) still got cut and struggled (or not able) to get new rides despite being cleared. (guilty or not, just pointing at some inconsistency)
From my understanding there was quite a few who had less incriminating evidence than what Schleck had.

I would think that if Schelck's name had of come out in 06 when **** hit the fan he would have been out of the picture one way or another for a couple of years.

Nope wasnt being childish. I will give you the big tip. Two years is exactly what he deserves for being a ********. No one with a current Pro Tour contract should even have a telephone conversation with this Dr. Cumspot Ferrari. Transferring money to swiss bank accounts?

Two years minimum.

The game is up. Either we start destroying careers with 10 year bans for confirmed possitives and 2 years for even looking sideways at the stuff or we are on a merry-go-round that aint going to stop.

Vino is a classic example. He should be serving a 10 year ban i.e dont ****ing come back ********. But ofcourse after the 2009 armstrong fiasco we will be primed for the 2010 Vino comeback fiasco...

Cant wait for that one.
rolleyes.gif

Cobblestones said:
I read in the newspaper that Frank Schleck got off, because the money he gave Fuentes was supposed to pay for training program/advise.

Now I'm not a physician, but considering that Fuentes is an ob/gyn, I kind of doubt that Frank paid 7,000 Euro for advise on the correct use of Kegel exercises.

Anyway, here's a link (Reuters) in case you doubt my word. I was surprised that it wasn't discussed here yet.
I don't see what the fuss is. I mean its perfectly logical for someone to transfer 7000 euros for some simple training plans into the bank account of a man whom he'd had never met, who also happens to be a gynaecologist and was also running a blood doping ring. Even thou the training plans never arrived I don't see it as a problem that he didn't ask for his money back. I do this sort of thing all the time.

Geoff Vadar said:
Nope wasnt being childish. I will give you the big tip. Two years is exactly what he deserves for being a ********. No one with a current Pro Tour contract should even have a telephone conversation with this Dr. Cumspot Ferrari. Transferring money to swiss bank accounts?

Two years minimum.

The game is up. Either we start destroying careers with 10 year bans for confirmed possitives and 2 years for even looking sideways at the stuff or we are on a merry-go-round that aint going to stop.

Vino is a classic example. He should be serving a 10 year ban i.e dont ****ing come back ********. But ofcourse after the 2009 armstrong fiasco we will be primed for the 2010 Vino comeback fiasco...

Cant wait for that one.
rolleyes.gif

Fuentes?

whiteboytrash said:
I don't see what the fuss is. I mean its perfectly logical for someone to transfer 7000 euros for some simple training plans into the bank account of a man whom he'd had never met, who also happens to be a gynaecologist and was also running a blood doping ring. Even thou the training plans never arrived I don't see it as a problem that he didn't ask for his money back. I do this sort of thing all the time.

Really? Me too.
Every month I send 7000 euros to different Spanish doctors in exchange for training plans. I've never actually received one but I guess they've lost it in the mail...damn post office. And 7000 euros is such a small sum that I really can't bother myself with that. It's so easy to forget such things.

And when I read about it in the paper and have neighbours question me about the transactions I still can't get myself to call those doctors and ask for the money back...I do work 5 to 7 hours a day, and travel 120 days a year, for my salary but hey it's just money.

RdBiker said:
Really? Me too.
Every month I send 7000 euros to different Spanish doctors in exchange for training plans. I've never actually received one but I guess they've lost it in the mail...damn post office. And 7000 euros is such a small sum that I really can't bother myself with that. It's so easy to forget such things.

And when I read about it in the paper and have neighbours question me about the transactions I still can't get myself to call those doctors and ask for the money back...I do work 5 to 7 hours a day, and travel 120 days a year, for my salary but hey it's just money.
The CSC myth was that Riis took riders and re-ignited their enthusiasm for the sport, the team staff were 100% involved in their training programmes, and yet Schleck spends this much cash on training programmes from a doctor outwith the team? And Riis has nothing to say about it? Cycling seems to be regressing, back to pre-1998 times when we all saw the superhuman and believed the half-baked, half-arsed excuses.

Geoff Vadar said:
Agreed. Surely we could have come up with something better than just "Frank Schleck". Like "Breaking news: Frank pays gyno 7000 euros for the blood of a virgin !!!"

Please,
Could you send my address to professionnal riders, I am able to offer the same services as Fuentes with 10% discount.
Riders have just to send me 6300euros , and sure they will receive nothing from me! Top Quality and No disappointement guarantee.

Pouli's Ginecology
Rue de l'arnaque
69069 ESCROCS
FRANCE

poulidor said:
Please,
Could you send my address to professionnal riders, I am able to offer the same services as Fuentes with 10% discount.
Riders have just to send me 6300euros , and sure they will receive nothing from me!

Pouli's Ginecology
Rue de l'arnaque
69069 ESCROCS
FRANCE
Will you do a bulk order discount? If you could not send me training plans for the next ten years could I get a further 10% off?

Geoff Vadar said:

Two years minimum.

I agree that a maximum suspension of two years is too short for a doping offense.

I also agree with Trev_s that the consequences of OP have been inconsistent. I find that frustrating too. However, suspending Schleck without any real proof does not make for consistency.

To ban him for having contact with Fuentes would be fine if: 1. there existed a ruling to ban such contact. 2. Contact could be proved. In this case neither are fulfilled.

I agree wrt. Vino.

whiteboytrash said:
Agreed. Surely we could have come up with something better than just "Frank Schleck". Like "Breaking news: Frank pays gyno 7000 euros for the blood of a virgin !!!"

I'm sorry for the boring thread title. I actually tried to edit it but it won't let me.

Anyway, Basso was banned because his alias was on a blood bag? Contador got free because his alias was only in a journal. Frank Schleck got off, because he only sent money. Btw. was any alias ever connected to Frank (or Andy)?

Cycling has become just a stupid freak show such as a bodybuilding contest or wrestling. They should just hand out the title to the guy who can keep his crit most consistently at 49.5% throughout the season.

jonjungel said:
I agree that a maximum suspension of two years is too short for a doping offense.

I also agree with Trev_s that the consequences of OP have been inconsistent. I find that frustrating too. However, suspending Schleck without any real proof does not make for consistency.

To ban him for having contact with Fuentes would be fine if: 1. there existed a ruling to ban such contact. 2. Contact could be proved. In this case neither are fulfilled.

I agree wrt. Vino.
Yeah look you are obviously a fair minded individual and under a different context, a context in which we had a competent governing body, I would tend in agree. The Germans have it about right at the moment....

Robert Bartko has criticised his Six Day race partner Iljo Keisse, who tested positive on a doping control, saying the Belgian "didn't do anyone any favors - not himself, not the other riders and certainly not the Six Day races."

Bartko was Keisse's partner at the Gent Six Day race last month, which the two won, but at which Keisse tested positive on the last day. The positive doping control has done a lot of damage to the Six Day scene, but, the German told the dpa agency, "It shows that the system works."

Keisse has asked for the B sample to be tested, but has already been told he is not welcome at the Six Day races in Berlin and Bremen, no matter how the test turns out. He won't ride in Bremen "in any case," said Bremen organiser Frank Minder.

"No rider under suspicion rides for us. A positive A sample is enough for us," said Berlin Six Day organiser Heinz Seesing.

Cobblestones said:
I'm sorry for the boring thread title. I actually tried to edit it but it won't let me.

Anyway, Basso was banned because his alias was on a blood bag? Contador got free because his alias was only in a journal. Frank Schleck got off, because he only sent money. Btw. was any alias ever connected to Frank (or Andy)?

Cycling has become just a stupid freak show such as a bodybuilding contest or wrestling. They should just hand out the title to the guy who can keep his crit most consistently at 49.5% throughout the season.
Amigo di Birillo.In August 2005, I saw an interview by Frank Schleck promising he'd do anything to help Basso win the Tour 2006.

Andy was never involved. He was still only a rookie, don't thionk he would be able to afford 7,000 euros for blood transfusi...errr...sorry for gynaecologic help.

Adamastor (from Luxembourg, sigh)

P.S. We almost have no champions in Luxbg, but this year Frankie Schleck din't even make it to top 3 of Best Luxembourg Sportsman of the year:

1. Kim Kirchen
2. Andy Schleck
3. Gilles Muller (US Open Quarter Finals in tennis)