frank vandenbroucke

nonameboy

Jul 23, 2004
what ever happened with this nutcase?
this guy is probably the biggest waste of talent ive seen since i follow cycling.
if he wasnt such a nutcase this guy could´ve been the best in the world.

nonameboy said:
what ever happened with this nutcase?
this guy is probably the biggest waste of talent ive seen since i follow cycling.
if he wasnt such a nutcase this guy could´ve been the best in the world.

Career over.

Bi-polar disorder.

FVB : regarded as one of the great prospects for the pro ranks but never actually delivered on the promise that he showed.

This guy is an enigma to say the least : everyone and I mean everyone rated this guy for greatness.
It was never a case of "if" but "when" would he get to greatness.

I've read about the various drug busts.
But talent wise this guy was the bollox.

He was a fabulous classic rider/one day rider.

Shame he never delivered on all that promise.

limerickman said:
He was a fabulous classic rider/one day rider.

Shame he never delivered on all that promise.
yes he was,and he was starting to be good in the big tours too in the vuelta 2000 i think he won three stages. in the last week of the vuelta i think he was the strongest even in the big mountains there was one stage when the spanish riders said they will all atack ullrich and vandenbroucke said that he would help ullrich and he did.

VDB is on the startlist for the tour de la region wallonne today. God knows whether he'll start it.

raw talent might be translated as EPO usage, which could've contributed to him going nuts.

One big problem for VDB was the pressure belgian media and all the people around him put on him. After all he was referred as the next Mercx in many occassions.

Dead Star said:
VDB is on the startlist for the tour de la region wallonne today. God knows whether he'll start it.

raw talent might be translated as EPO usage, which could've contributed to him going nuts.
what is his team?

No the media was not Frank's problem. They worked well together, each lying to the public for mutual benefit.

No, Frank's problem was that the Belgian police kept searching his home, his car or responding to his wife's frantic 911 calls.

EPO, hGH, anemia & trauma drugs, Pot Belge and insulin proved that his dog was gravely ill.

And now Frank owes 250,000 Euro in doping fines.

holli said:
One big problem for VDB was the pressure belgian media and all the people around him put on him. After all he was referred as the next Mercx in many occassions.

ed073 said:
MrBookmaker.com-SportsTech.....currently.
I don't believe he'll be with them much longer either. I would agree with everyone else on this forum too. He wasted too much of his talent and his career. He's been a disappointment to every team that has picked him up. What could have been ....

VDB's the only rider I know who seems to have gone properly mad from doping. :p

and the hillly stages have yet to beginne at Wallonne, so we'll see we'll see :D

he is actually crazy:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

VDB vise les classiques et le Tour

Voici en résumé ce qu'il déclare à Sporza.
Source www.sporza.be

Je me sens bien, en bonne santé, et décontacté.

"Je pèse 69kg, soit 4 kilos de plus que mon poids idéal.
Tant que je ne l'atteint pas, je ne passe pas un mont.
J'ai très peu courru.. Je dois tempérer mon tempéremment offensif parcequ'attaquer maintenant serait du suicide. Il faut attendre voir comment je vais récupérer.

Je veux en décrocher une en fin de saison, où je ne sais pas encore.

L'an prochain, je veux briller dans les classiques. Le Tour? Je l'ai suivi devant ma TV, j'étais en train de mourir.

Alexandre Vinokourov a gagné 2 étapes. Pensez vous vraiment qu'il soit meilleur que moi dans les cols ?
Et pendant ma meilleure période, j'étais toujours meilleur que Christophe Moreau qui s'acroche top 10. Donc.

Avant j'arrivais à suivre les chevres de montagnes (comprenez "grimpeurs") dans la Vuelta.
C'est pourquoi, je souhaite terminer dans le Top 5 du Tour. Je veux m'investir fortement pour cela."

Ambitieux vous avez dit ???