Frankie & Lance tonight on TV - really plus bonus Landis

cyclepromo

Oct 8, 2006
Well for us Canucks the cbc has a 22 minute piece during the National news about doping in cycling. The feature is called Cycle of Denial.

Apparently they have an exclusive interview with Frankie about THAT conversation in the hospital.

Also Landis is interviewed on the show.

If you can't get the show on whatever satelite service you have available the cbc.ca website streams its broadcasts later in the evening. I'm not sure if its just the main news or the main news and the features. http://www.cbc.ca/national/#features

FYI-The CBC is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation the biggest source for news in Canada. The National is their premiere nightly news show. Its one hour long. Its has 20-25 minutes of news and than it has some bigger featured reports every evening.

Should be some interesting viewing this evening.

The CBC is the biggest source for news in Canada? Maybe, but hardly the best. The CBC avoids cycling like the plague -only hockey and curling (perhaps the only 'sport' more boring than golf). Last year they showed the WCs a week late at 2am. I predict this report will be very anti-cycling.

Tune in, but you may be surprised what you see from a non-US perspective.

Why don't you watch it before you shoot your mouth off?

And with respect to CBC cycling coverage, why would they spend a lot of time covering an obscure sport that matters little to Canadians at the expense of covering the sports that do matter.

Do CTV, Global, or CITY have better cycling coverage? Does ABC, CBS, NBC, and the myriad of other American broadcasts we receive in Canada have better coverage. Surely you don't expect the CBC to provide the same coverage as OLN, or whatever they are calling themselves these days.

You are very naive.

Yojimbo_ said:
Why don't you watch it before you shoot your mouth off?
You are very naive.
Oh shut up.Curling matters? Since when? Hick sport played by fat, sendentary donut-eaters. Off ice, it's shuffleboard. Horse jumping? wow.

I saw the report: total waste of 22 minutes, NOTHING new added to stuff published 6 months ago, and they didn't even talk about Operation Puerto. They didn't even talk about LA Confidentiale.
The interviewer: "did you dope at the TDF?
Landis, " No."
Wow, hard-hitting journalism, CBC-style, good to see my massive tax dollars at work. Their mandate is to provide sports for one-Tim Horton-towns in Northern Ontario.

Meanwhile, hours and hours of round table Hockey discussion shows and this redneck illiterate ******:
Don%20Cherry%20Mc%20Cleod%20Tartan.jpg

Apparently, it's good enough, ...for Canada.

The Evil Twin said:
Oh shut up.Curling matters? Since when? Hick sport played by fat, sendentary donut-eaters. Off ice, it's shuffleboard. Horse jumping? wow.

I saw the report: total waste of 22 minutes, NOTHING new added to stuff published 6 months ago, and they didn't even talk about Operation Puerto. They didn't even talk about LA Confidentiale.
Landis, " No."
Wow, hard-hitting journalism, CBC-style, good to see my massive tax dollars at work. Their mandate is to provide sports for one-Tim Horton-towns in Northern Ontario.

Meanwhile, hours and hours of round table Hockey discussion shows and this redneck illiterate ******:

The CBC report wasn't meant for you, it was meant for the folks who know nothing about cycling and haven't heard any of that stuff to begin with.

But that's not how they sold it. "Exclusive" information, "exclusive" interviews, "for the first time" etc. etc. was used thoughout.

Seriously, this was 20 minutes of reading some bike mags, and two visits to interview Andrieu and Landis.

The Evil Twin said:

Landis, " No."

evil twin:
dude,
you are such a ******! you never have anything good to say on these furoms and bring nothing except negativity. do you even ride? i bet you don't and just think cyclist are hot in their kits? you probally have posters up and don't even own a bike. you probally get all hot and bothed when a group of cyclists ride by your run down trailer. let's try to stay positive and look at other sports and appreciate them as much as other ppl do. just bc you don't follow a sport, doesn't make it boring or stupid. i know ppl who think cycling is boring... get a clue and go ride a bike.

cyclevita said:
evil twin:

you are such a ******! you never have anything good to say on these furoms and bring nothing except negativity. do you even ride? i bet you don't and just think cyclist are hot in their kits? you probally have posters up and don't even own a bike. you probally get all hot and bothed when a group of cyclists ride by your run down trailer. let's try to stay positive

You're settin' a fine example w/this post my man.
icon12.gif