Frankie speaks... Floyd interviewd... exclusive..

whiteboytrash said:
Report on Canada TV about doping including interview with Frankie and Floyd.... very good me thinks... show leaked video interviews from SCA case for Armstrong...

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/29946/sports/indepth/landis/video/national-landis070103.wmv

- more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/index.html

- - Floyd is writing a book to sell and make money from his cheating... shame on him... I guess he learnt from the best... :(
That IM between Vaughters and Andreu still makes me laugh:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/instantmessage.html

Bro Deal said:
They were only joking, dude. Postal/Disco would never, ever, not in a million years be involved in something like ferrying their blood supplies around by motorcycle. It's all natural talent. ;)
O-my lordy- he has seen the light :eek: :eek: :eek:

whiteboytrash said:
Report on Canada TV about doping including interview with Frankie and Floyd.... very good me thinks... show leaked video interviews from SCA case for Armstrong...

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/29946/sports/indepth/landis/video/national-landis070103.wmv

- more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/index.html

- - Floyd is writing a book to sell and make money from his cheating... shame on him... I guess he learnt from the best... :(
Interesting to see on video all the info you guys write about around here. I don't agreee with Frankie that 100% of the riders want to ride clean. They're human and would seek an advantage any possible way. **** Pound acts like they have done every possible thing to stop doping. LOL As for Lance, where there's smoke there's fire...

Fairly poor interview IMO. The CBC pitched it as an "exclusive" expose. Problem is it was too one sided. The public broadcaster (like the US PBS) is trying to stir up a little more controversy for better ratings with a slew of new shows and a new attitude.

By one sided I mean that they mentioned that the LA court case was "settled out of court" but not that LA was paid $2.5 million MORE than was owed.

Also, why blindly believe FA and not state that nobody else at the hospital room in 1996 testified that they heard what he and the wife said they did ...

Also, they try to turn him into a "hero" for "admitting" he was a doper, all the while forgetting to mention that he kept quiet for 7 or 8 years, and no one of the team was complicit or aware of his doping (by his own admission).

Further, didn't he admit he was a doper AFTER he was fired by Toyota-United? Now he claims that he's being victimized. I'm sure a book is to follow.

That report was sensationalist and doesn't do anything except make non-fans (i.e. in Canada that would be NHL fans) believe that its 100% dirty.

Meanwhile, the NHL has no real drug testing. An expose on the NHL would be more with the CBC's mandate ... but wait ... they actually broadcast NHL games ... I wonder why they wouldn't want to ruin that party :rolleyes:

Tim Lamkin said:
O-my lordy- he has seen the light
Perhaps you will see the light one day, but more likely you will just argue with Mussette over which one of you is the blindest supporter of the dirtiest team in cycling.

Serafino said:
By one sided I mean that they mentioned that the LA court case was "settled out of court" but not that LA was paid $2.5 million MORE than was owed.
The extra money was for interest and lawyer fees. Why don't YOU mention that the only reason SCA settled was because of a Texas law that made them liable for treble damages; SCA was confident they could prove Armstrong a doper but the consequences of losing went up when they were ruled to be acting as an insurance company.

Serafino said:
Also, why blindly believe FA and not state that nobody else at the hospital room in 1996 testified that they heard what he and the wife said they did ...
Why are YOU leaving out that Armstrong's Oakley representative confirmed the story and Lemond has audio tape to prove it?

Serafino said:
Also, they try to turn him into a "hero" for "admitting" he was a doper, all the while forgetting to mention that he kept quiet for 7 or 8 years, and no one of the team was complicit or aware of his doping (by his own admission).
Well Armstrong is still denying it even though six urine sample prove he was using EPO. Where are all the books and interviews from Andreau where he swears up and down he did not dope? Seems to me that Andreau has quite a bit more integrity than Armstrong. He has the guts to man up to what he did. Armstrong is still insulting everyone's intelligence with his ridiculous denials.

Serafino said:
Further, didn't he admit he was a doper AFTER he was fired by Toyota-United?
Nope. Before. Likely he was fired because of his admission.

Serafino said:
That report was sensationalist and doesn't do anything except make non-fans (i.e. in Canada that would be NHL fans) believe that its 100% dirty.
Clearly, you don't race. Or, if you do, you don't race in Canada. Google Gastown. More than 35k fans out to watch a crit of mostly N. American athletes. Also, Tour de Beauce was the only UCI stage race in North America for quite some time. They also have the highest, and I believe only, UCI junior stage race in N. America. I think they still have the only women's world cup event in N. America. Oh, and didn't they host the worlds a while back? And wasn't the first N. American wearer of the yellow jersey in the Tour from Canada? I think he was. And wasn't Steve Bauer Canadian? Who was the Canadian who won the world mtb championships over and over again? Oh yeah, there's two, and one's a chick. SFGP was good, but a Canadian won that twice. Best mtb racer in N.America is from Canada. How many Olympic and world cup medals did Kurt Harnet win? Fists full. Yeah, he's Canadian.

Fact is, cycling is bigger in Canada than America and their fans are much more knowledgeable about the sport. That's why they likely weren't the least bit surprised by the CBC piece.

But you're right. They're just a bunch of ignorant slobs up there when it comes to hanging Lance posters on the ceilings of their bedrooms and beating their monkeys to completion. Serf, you should move up there and show them how it's done.

Also, the CBC, like PBS, doesn't care about ratings since they're a government funded entity, so, sorry, it'll be tough to sell the media conspiracy on that point.

Finally, I've attached an image of Tammy Thomas (no, that's not a dude), a clean American cyclist who likely sets the standard for team Disco when it comes to doping. Clearly she doesn't dope.

Helmut,

In comparison to me, you know nothing about Canada. I don't need a lecture about the cycling community up here. Its of absolutely miniscule interest in comparison to many other sports. Our Olympic Gold Medalist Lori-Ann Muzener couldn't even get any support from the Canadian Olympic Association and raced to the gold on donated equipment and support from other nations competing in track. The didn't even publicly recognize her achievement for several months.

Most of the pro-level races (crits) which used to feature in Toronto, Montreal, etc., in the 1980's are long gone.

As for Steve Bauer, Mike Barry, Ryder Hesjedal, Allison Sydor, Marie-Hélène Prémont, Seamus McGrath, etc., I've met them all, having had the good fortune to attend many events including all of the races (MTB, Road, many track) at Athens 2004.

In fact, I remember how important Mike Barry's father was in promoting cycling in Canada through his Bicyclesport store on King St. Mike was about was a mere boy of 5 or 6 when I first started buying bikes from his father.

Competitive Cycling is, was, and will always remain a niche sport in Canada, completely dwarfed by the behemoth that is the Hockey. Hockey denies any problem with drugs and doesn't have a testing strategy. The CBC is safe in taking on Cycling since they don't broadcast any GTs or ProTour races.

As for Lemond's "tape" I'd like to hear it. Surely, he would have made it public by now. Can you forward the link?

As for the insurance company, they caved in when they realized they'd lose. Funny that a loss and a $7.5 million dollar payment to LA can be deemed like some sort of "victory" on behalf of the insurance company. They "only" caved in because they feared having to pay triple damages. Perhaps because their lawyers advised them that a resounding loss was in the cards.

Now Helmut, your imbecilic rambling seems to have no limits. Frankie was fired well before he "confessed" in such a heroic fashion:

Frankie fired by Toyota-United on July 26th:

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10586.0.html

Andreu fired from Toyota-United
By Charles Pelkey
Editor, VeloNews.com
This report filed July 26, 2006
Frankie Andreu, co-director of the Toyota-United Pro Cycling Team has been fired, purportedly for missing a trip to Nevada's Tour de Nez in late June.

Frankie admits drug use on September 11th to the NYT:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/sep06/sep12news2

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/09/11/news/cycling.php

That picture of Tammy is scary as hell.

I think there is a point when you don't even need drug tests anymore and a rider should just be tossed out.

helmutRoole2 said:
Finally, I've attached an image of Tammy Thomas (no, that's not a dude), a clean American cyclist who likely sets the standard for team Disco when it comes to doping. Clearly she doesn't dope.
Holy cow. :eek: She is East-Germanesque in its masculinity. I take it she has failed a half dozen drug tests? No masking agent is that good.

Powerful Pete said:
Holy cow. :eek: She is East-Germanesque in its masculinity. I take it she has failed a half dozen drug tests? No masking agent is that good.

Tammy has been the butt of many jokes for many years and that photo is all over the net, as are others of her that are equally unflattering. She's recently been convicted in a big designer steroid case... to no one's shock, but she was banned from cycling for life over four years ago.

Former elite cyclist Tammy Thomas was indicted by a federal grand jury yesterday on charges of hindering the government's steroid investigation.

Thomas, 36, is accused of three counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to a federal grand jury investigating a steroid ring that spanned many sports.

Bro Deal said:
The extra money was for interest and lawyer fees. Why don't YOU mention that the only reason SCA settled was because of a Texas law that made them liable for treble damages; SCA was confident they could prove Armstrong a doper but the consequences of losing went up when they were ruled to be acting as an insurance company.
They would have never settled if they believed they could have proved LA as a doper.They were basing their info on Walsh's book.

Bro Deal said:
Why are YOU leaving out that Armstrong's Oakley representative confirmed the story and Lemond has audio tape to prove it?
His Oakley rep confirmed what story? And Lemond only has an audio tape of his phone conversation with LA. It proved nothing.

Bro Deal said:
Well Armstrong is still denying it even though six urine sample prove he was using EPO. Where are all the books and interviews from Andreau where he swears up and down he did not dope? Seems to me that Andreau has quite a bit more integrity than Armstrong. He has the guts to man up to what he did. Armstrong is still insulting everyone's intelligence with his ridiculous denials.
No one would buy Andreau's book if he did write one. No one knows who Andreau is. If you lined up 100 American cycling fans , very few of them could pick Andreau out of a line-up.

You are obsessed with doping and Armstrong. Why do you follow the sport? You will never change anyone's mind concerning theis matter.
History will show LA to be the TDF's greatest rider.

wolfix said:
They would have never settled if they believed they could have proved LA as a doper.They were basing their info on Walsh's book.
One of Armstrong's lawyers arguments was that doping did not matter. As long as Armstrong was declared the winner then payment was required. The SCA was likely trying to use the case to force a reduced settlement.

wolfix said:
His Oakley rep confirmed what story?
Three people so far have confirmed that Armstrong admitted doping.

wolfix said:
If you lined up 100 Armstrng cycling fans , very few of them could pick Andreau out of a line-up.
There, I fixed it for you.

wolfix said:
The facts have already showed Armstrong to be the greatest sport fraud in history.

Bro Deal said:
The facts have already showed Armstrong to be the greatest sport fraud in history.
And you have proved yourself as the biggest internet bore of all time.

wolfix said:
And you have proved yourself as the biggest internet bore of all time.

The thing is... If Armstrong did dope, if he did force the other riders to 25 injections a day, if he did force a veil of secrecy on the riders by his sheer wealth and egotistical ways then he's the one who has to sleep at night knowing he's lived the biggest lie in the history of sport... I know I sleep well a night but if Armstrong was up to all those shenanigans that Frankie alludes to then poor old Lance won't live a very fruitful life.... I think we can see from his personal life that the lie he lives affects his relationships and is eating away at him… its kinda obvious the man is a mess but the public figure of Lance is very different from the man he really is....

One further point and by far the most important: FLOYD IS WEARING A LEATHER JACKET ALA LANCE ARMSTRONG FASHION CRIME CIRCA 2005 - Therefore Lance is paying for Floyds defence and got him a fashion consultant to **** up his appearance. I also noted that Floyd spoke a lot better and his responses were obviously pre-written and his doing a book deal ! This can only be a the work of Armstrong... ie I pay your defence, you write a book and give me 30%......

wolfix said:
Too late, see wikipedia

And the allegation about his weight, look at:

Personal Statistics
  • Height: 5'-9.75" (177 cm)
  • Weight: 165 lb (75 kg) in 1993, 79 kg in 1999
If you read some other languages, travel between the wikipedia language and you will see that Lance Armstrong will stay one of the greatest liars and doped riders.
He is in the same situation as est-german athletes, or as Flo-Jo... Too many shadows and affairs,..enough to change doubts to evidence.

poulidor said:
Wikepedia......Now that is a good reference.I doubt anyone will use wikepedia as a source of reference in the future.

poulidor said:
If you read some other languages, travel between the wikipedia language and you will see that Lance Armstrong will stay one of the greatest liars and doped riders.
He is in the same situation as est-german athletes, or as Flo-Jo... Too many shadows and affairs,..enough to change doubts to evidence.
Does history show Eddy as the greatest doped rider and liar? I think history will show the LA and JU era as the "Era of the Witchhunt."