Frankin Grouppo

BigUgly

Mar 31, 2007
If you could put together all the parts required for a groupset what would you choose. For me it would be DA front 53-39 a DA 11-25 cassette, Red shifters front and rear dr, campy chain, and record brakes. The reasons vary from part to part on the basics of ergonomics, functionality and looks.

I'd put either SR11 or Record 11 shifters, RD, and FD on, with Campy cables and housings, and a Chorus or Athena level cassette on the back. The chain would be a Campy chain, and the brakes would continue to be what I use now, Mavic's SSC brakes. The cranks would be either SR11 or Record 11.

BigUgly said:
If you could put together all the parts required for a groupset what would you choose. For me it would be DA front 53-39 a DA 11-25 cassette, Red shifters front and rear dr, campy chain, and record brakes. The reasons vary from part to part on the basics of ergonomics, functionality and looks.

A Campagnolo SR, Record, Chorus or Athena 11s group...front to back.

Sram Red levers, crank, rear derailleur, Force front derailleur, Ultegra chain and cassette, Nokon cables, Bontrager *** brakes.