frankston dandenong road critical

jbbcj

Aug 3, 2005
Ive been commuting to work for 6 months now from carrum downs to dandenong along frankston dande road. Enjoyed the morning commute so much i thought id be riding that route forever. Tuesday morning im about 10 minutes behind schedule, pass thompson rd roundabout theres yellow flashing lights from road workers, a bit chaotic compared to normal, pass another roadworkers trucks and to the other side of it i rode into an accident scene. Three men crouched over a body lying flat on his back and a racer laying next to him. A truck about 200m ahead of them. The mans in critical condition with head injuries. I dont know how it happened but i tell you ive been close. a split second here a split second there. Is it worth it. I love to ride but my commute is over. Hope this man makes it through.

Every road should have a bicycle lane, why havent they.

Thats one very dangours road ! 100K zone and graval sides:mad: . Have you a MTB or hybred ? If so try going up to the Patterson river and then use the gavel bike path to Dandy. I've use the path to go all the way to ringwood and 90% of the way no cars.:)

Happy trails I do agree about the bike lane

In the process of trying to convince officials that a bike path or bike lane is a must. Im about to see how hard the process is to save some lives. Lets hope theres some common sense within the beauracrats.