Fraudulent acahf (Australian Council against health fraud)

tobyjones

Guest
What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the acahf
doing here on an Internet discussion group?

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

>What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the acahf
>doing here on an Internet discussion group?

1) This is usenet, not "the internet."

2) Why shouldn't someone from acahf be here?

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

On 09 Mar 2004 04:15:14 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the acahf
>doing here on an Internet discussion group?

Uh, trying to discuss alternative health care issues?

Just a guess.

Aloha,

Rich

The best defense to logic is ignorance

>Subject: Fraudulent acahf (Australian Council against health fraud)
>From: [email protected]
>Date: 3/8/2004 8:15 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the acahf
>doing here on an Internet discussion group?

The usual. LYING.

Jan

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the acahf
> doing here on
an
> Internet discussion group?

Exercising his right of free speech.

I know that it is shocking, but merely being a member of any
group does not limit one's right to speak his mind.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the acahf
> doing here on
an
> Internet discussion group?

I spent some time thinking about this post, and Jones'
concerns.

From past experience, we know that:

1. Jan Drew, a proponent of alt medicine, has
reported Joel Eichen to Yahoo for what she
perceived as wrongs.
2. Jan Drew, a proponent of alt medicine, has reported
Joel Eichen to an employer.
3. Debbee, a proponent of alt medicine, has reported
me to Bolen for my of what a third party did with
his claims.
4. Both Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
medicine, have never condemned
The_Woman_Whose_Name_I_Will_Not_Type when she sent
email to Andrew langer's wife to complain about him.
5. Both Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
medicine, have never condemned
The_Woman_Whose_Name_I_Will_Not_Type when she
threatened by implication to contact my wife.
6. Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt medicine,
justified reporting Karuan to her ISP.

Now, has anyone who is a proponent of fact based medicine
reported any of the Alties in a similar manner? Is it
documented anywhere? Not to my knowledge, and I am willing
to be proven wrong.

And, now, Ms./Mr. Jones comes along and is worred that
Peter is a member of the ACAHF, when no proponent of fact
based medicine has a track records like the above
referenced Alties.

Thus, to Mr./Ms. Jones, your worry is misplaced. Just do not
******** the members of your own camp.

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:03:38 GMT, "Mark Probert-March 9, 2004" <Mark
[email protected]> wrote:

><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the
>> acahf doing here on
>an
>> Internet discussion group?
>
>I spent some time thinking about this post, and Jones'
>concerns.
>
>From past experience, we know that:
>
> 1. Jan Drew, a proponent of alt medicine, has reported
> Joel Eichen to Yahoo for what she perceived as
> wrongs.
> 2. Jan Drew, a proponent of alt medicine, has reported
> Joel Eichen to an employer.
> 3. Debbee, a proponent of alt medicine, has reported me
> to Bolen for my of what a third party did with his
> claims.
> 4. Both Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
> medicine, have never condemned
> The_Woman_Whose_Name_I_Will_Not_Type when she sent
> email to Andrew langer's wife to complain about him.
> 5. Both Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
> medicine, have never condemned
> The_Woman_Whose_Name_I_Will_Not_Type when she
> threatened by implication to contact my wife.
> 6. Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
> medicine, justified reporting Karuan to her ISP.
>
>Now, has anyone who is a proponent of fact based medicine
>reported any of the Alties in a similar manner? Is it
>documented anywhere? Not to my knowledge, and I am willing
>to be proven wrong.
>
>And, now, Ms./Mr. Jones comes along and is worred that
>Peter is a member of the ACAHF, when no proponent of fact
>based medicine has a track records like the above
>referenced Alties.
>
>Thus, to Mr./Ms. Jones, your worry is misplaced. Just do
>not ******** the members of your own camp.

You forgot how Jan Drew and Debbee repeatedly complained to
my ISP falsely accusing me of stalking in an effort to have
my ISP terminated.

I agree that it is the alties that act to stifle free
expression here. Let us see what Toby thinks of this
behavior and whether Toby agrees that it does serve to
restrict free speech and the quest for the truth. We shall
see how truthful Toby is in the search for *truth*.

Aloha,

Rich

The best defense to logic is ignorance

<Rich.@.> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:03:38 GMT, "Mark Probert-March 9,
> 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote:
>

> ><[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the
> >> acahf doing here
on
> >an
> >> Internet discussion group?
> >
> >I spent some time thinking about this post, and Jones'
> >concerns.
> >
> >From past experience, we know that:
> >
> > 1. Jan Drew, a proponent of alt medicine, has
> > reported Joel Eichen to Yahoo for what she
> > perceived as wrongs.
> > 2. Jan Drew, a proponent of alt medicine, has
> > reported Joel Eichen to
an
> >employer.
> > 3. Debbee, a proponent of alt medicine, has reported
> > me to Bolen for
my
> >of what a third party did with his claims.
> > 4. Both Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
> > medicine, have
never
> >condemned The_Woman_Whose_Name_I_Will_Not_Type when she
> >sent email to
Andrew
> >langer's wife to complain about him.
> > 5. Both Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
> > medicine, have
never
> >condemned The_Woman_Whose_Name_I_Will_Not_Type when she
> >threatened by implication to contact my wife.
> > 6. Debbee and Jan Drew, both proponents of alt
> > medicine, justified reporting Karuan to her ISP.
> >
> >Now, has anyone who is a proponent of fact based medicine
> >reported any of the Alties in a similar manner? Is it
> >documented anywhere? Not to my knowledge, and I am
> >willing to be proven wrong.
> >
> >And, now, Ms./Mr. Jones comes along and is worred that
> >Peter is a member
of
> >the ACAHF, when no proponent of fact based medicine has a
> >track records
like
> >the above referenced Alties.
> >
> >Thus, to Mr./Ms. Jones, your worry is misplaced. Just do
> >not ******** the members of your own camp.
> >

> You forgot how Jan Drew and Debbee repeatedly complained
> to my ISP falsely accusing me of stalking in an effort to
> have my ISP terminated.

I am sorry to have left that out. Making false claims of
stalking for merely disagreeing with them.

> I agree that it is the alties that act to stifle free
> expression here. Let us see what Toby thinks of this
> behavior and whether Toby agrees that it does serve to
> restrict free speech and the quest for the truth. We shall
> see how truthful Toby is in the search for *truth*.

I hope that Toby does not take this opportunity to prove she
is a hypocrite like all of the other Alties have
consistently done.

"Mark Probert-March 9, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > What is a representative (and main "sponsor") of the
> > acahf doing here on an Internet discussion group?
>
> I spent some time thinking about this post, and Jones'
> concerns.
>
> From past experience, we know that:

[late snip, as the NewsReader alert sign read, "Too much
quoted text vs new text"]

I am not condoning what anyone else has done (or may
still do).

However at this time I am concerned with a different
situation, one which _also_ impairs the ability of some
people to be able to post freely to mha.

> Now, has anyone who is a proponent of fact based medicine
> reported any of the Alties in a similar manner? Is it
> documented anywhere?

I submit the following as evidence (my snip):

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Bowditch"
<[email protected]> Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 11:51 AM Subject: Re: Dr.
Sandra Cabot

[snip to relevant section]

> [...]

> > challenged me to a) prove that the person was ever a
> > doctor in Australia and b) prove that the person has had
> > registration revoked.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > And here is the reply:
> >
> > Dear Mr Bowditch,
> >
> > I refer to your query regarding information abot Medical
> > Practitioners:
> >
> > The NSW Medical Board only registers doctors who are
> > licensed to practice in NSW. Each state has it's own
> > separate registering authority with which a Medical
> > Practitioner must be registered to practice in that
> > state.
> >
> > The NSW Medical Board can confirm if a given doctor is
> > registered or otherwise, however requests for any
> > further information must be made in writing.
> >
> > --
> > Peter Bowditch Australian Council Against Health Fraud

Dr. Cabot is not a poster here, thus, it is not an analogous
situation. However, Peter was not *reporting* anyone,
but was inquiring whether certain information is
available. Note that he did not mention Dr. Cabot. The
alties go right to the reporting.

> > I am not condoning what anyone else has done (or may
> > still do). However at this time I am concerned with a
> > different situation, one which _also_ impairs the
> > ability of some people to be able to post freely to mha.
> >
> > > Now, has anyone who is a proponent of fact based
> > > medicine reported any
>> > of the Alties in a similar manner? Is it documented
>> > anywhere?
> >
> > I submit the following as evidence (my snip):
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Bowditch"
> > <[email protected]> Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
> > Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 11:51 AM Subject: Re: Dr.
> > Sandra Cabot
> >
> > [snip to relevant section]
> > >
> > > Here is the message I sent to the NSW Medical
> > > Registration Board
> > >
> > > Is there any way to find out if a person is registered
> > > as a medical practitioner in Australia? Also, if
> > > someone has had their ability to practice terminated
> > > due to disciplinary action is it possible to find out
> > > any details?
> > >
> > > I ask these questions because supporters of an
> > > Australian doctor who is selling suspect medical
> > > advice from a web site (and claiming false
> > > qualifications) have challenged me to a) prove that
> > > the person was ever a doctor in Australia and b) prove
> > > that the person has had registration revoked.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > And here is the reply:
> > >
> > > Dear Mr Bowditch,
> > >
> > > I refer to your query regarding information abot
> > > Medical Practitioners:
> > >
> > > The NSW Medical Board only registers doctors who are
> > > licensed to practice in NSW. Each state has it's own
> > > separate registering authority with which a Medical
> > > Practitioner must be registered to practice in that
> > > state.
> > >
> > > The NSW Medical Board can confirm if a given doctor is
> > > registered or otherwise, however requests for any
> > > further information must be made in writing.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Peter Bowditch Australian Council Against Health Fraud
> > > www.acahf.org.au
>
> Dr. Cabot is not a poster here,

If she so wished, she should be free to post as are all
others. She has been slandered, and worse, here on a
discussion group.

> thus, it is not an analogous situation.

I referred to her in a 'Net discussion. Consequent to that,
she has somehow become under investigation. That does not
limit my ability to speak freely here on the 'Net?

Again, consequent to what has happened during what appeared
to be an innocent internet discussion, several people's
actual lives have been affected.

If you wish to fuzzy the edges, that's how it will be for
you. I, however, will accept NO trespass across the 'Net /
actual life line, consequent to any of my posts, without
following up on it to whatever extent I am able.

> However, Peter was not *reporting* anyone,

You are correct that it was not "reporting", but only
because the allegations are false. He wrote: "an Australian
doctor who is selling suspect medical advice from a web site
(and claiming false qualifications)"

He wrote FROM ACAHF!!!!!!!

Now, that is supposed to be a responsible position,
answerable to the Australian people, who's tax dollars were
put into funding acahf. So somewhere around there, this all
starts to turn dodgy.

> but was inquiring whether certain information is
> available.

Had he written as an ordinary citizen, and had he only asked
for the information, then this discussion would not now be
happening.

> Note that he did not mention Dr. Cabot.

He referred to "an Australian doctor" and made certain
allegations, signing it as from an ACAHF representative.
How is the Med Board supposed to respond to that? If they
fail to follow up on the allegations, they could be
accused of negligence of similar. And he has brought that
situation about.

The wheels are in motion for some form of investigation,
arising from an MHA 'Net discussion.

> The alties go right to the reporting.

Given that his role on acahf should require his acting with
full responsibility, this present situation is far worse.

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From: "Mark Probert-March 10, 2004" <Mark
[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative Sent: Thursday, March
> 11, 2004 3:32 AM Subject: Re: Fraudulent acahf (Australian
> Council against health fraud)
> >
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > I am not condoning what anyone else has done (or may
> > > still do). However at this time I am concerned with a
> > > different situation, one which _also_ impairs the
> > > ability of some people to be able to post freely to
> > > mha.

> > > I submit the following as evidence (my snip):
> > >
> > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Bowditch"
> > > <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
> > > misc.health.alternative Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004
> > > 11:51 AM Subject: Re: Dr. Sandra Cabot
> > >
> > > [snip to relevant section]

find

false

> > Dr. Cabot is not a poster here,
>
> If she so wished, she should be free to post as are all
> others. She has been slandered, and worse, here on a
> discussion group.

Since the facts are that she lied about her degree 9note the
singular) there was no slander. She claimed to have a degree
that she did not have. In the US,the M.D. degree is awarded
by an educational institution after completion of the course
of study,. Since she did not attend school in the US, she
cannot claim that she had a US issued degree.

Also, in Australia a degree of MD can be issued as a
*graduate* degree in medical research. However, IIRC, she
did not attend any school offering such a degree.

Thus, there is no slander, with the facts she has provided.

> > thus, it is not an analogous situation.
>
> I referred to her in a 'Net discussion. Consequent to
> that, she has
somehow
> become under investigation. That does not limit my ability
> to speak
freely
> here on the 'Net?

Nope, since you fail to realize that anything you say is
subject to people chekcing for validity. It happens to
everyone, regardless of their point of view. It is part and
parcel of the free marketplace of ideas.

> Again, consequent to what has happened during what
> appeared to be an innocent internet discussion, several
> people's actual lives have been affected.

In what manner? Are they no longer posting? Are they
cowering under their mouse pad, afraid to type a word? I see
nothing like that. Thus, they are still free to engage in
the free marketplace of ideas.

> If you wish to fuzzy the edges, that's how it will be
> for you.

I am not doing any such thing. It is you, and the others who
whine about other people expressing themselves, that play
the fuzzy game.

> I, however, will accept NO trespass across the 'Net /
> actual life line, consequent to any of my posts, without
> following up on it to whatever extent I am able.

As you should. If you are uspet with something, say it. No
one told you in response to your postings that you di dnot
have the right to say what you
did. You have the absolute right to be wrong, as you were.

> > However, Peter was not *reporting* anyone,
>
> You are correct that it was not "reporting", but only
> because the allegations are false. He wrote: "an
> Australian doctor who is selling suspect medical advice
> from a web site (and claiming false
qualifications)"

Wrong. She is an Australian doctor, she has a website where
she sells, and she is claiming false qualifications as I
pointed out above.

> He wrote FROM ACAHF!!!!!!!

As he may. Some people post from their "Foundations" where
they solicit donations. Big deal.

> Now, that is supposed to be a responsible position,
> answerable to the Australian people, who's tax dollars
> were put into funding acahf. So somewhere around there,
> this all starts to turn dodgy.

Only in your mind.

> > but was inquiring whether certain information is
> > available.
>
> Had he written as an ordinary citizen, and had he only
> asked for the information, then this discussion would not
> now be happening.

Somehow, I am not so sure. I believe that you would have had
concerns regardless.

> > Note that he did not mention Dr. Cabot.
>
> He referred to "an Australian doctor" and made certain
> allegations,
signing
> it as from an ACAHF representative. How is the Med Board
> supposed to respond to that? If they fail to follow up on
> the allegations, they could be accused of negligence of
> similar. And he has brought that situation about.

The MedBoard is to respond to that with facts. Since he made
no specific allegation against an identified person, they
have no need to follow-up.

> The wheels are in motion for some form of investigation,
> arising from an MHA 'Net discussion.

It has happened before and wil lhappen again. Lawsuits have
arisen from discussions on the net.

> > The alties go right to the reporting.
>
> Given that his role on acahf should require his acting
> with full responsibility, this present situation is
> far worse.

Nope. Not at all.

[email protected] wrote:

> [...]

But the Executive Officer of the ACAHF should not be allowed
to post here? Should Dr Cabot post under that name or the
other name you said she uses?

>> thus, it is not an analogous situation.
>
>I referred to her in a 'Net discussion. Consequent to that,
>she has somehow become under investigation. That does not
>limit my ability to speak freely here on the 'Net?

I first mentioned Dr Cabot's deceit on my web site on
November 22, 2003. You were not here at that time, unless
you were lurking and gathering information without telling
us. She is no more under investigation than anyone else I
talk about.

>Again, consequent to what has happened during what appeared
>to be an innocent internet discussion, several people's
>actual lives have been affected.

Mine, for one, because I have had to waste time with
your drivel.

>If you wish to fuzzy the edges, that's how it will be for
>you. I, however, will accept NO trespass across the 'Net /
>actual life line, consequent to any of my posts, without
>following up on it to whatever extent I am able.

What trespass has occurred? Are you suggesting that
mentioning or criticising a real person on Usenet is not
permissible?

>> However, Peter was not *reporting* anyone,
>
>You are correct that it was not "reporting", but only
>because the allegations are false. He wrote: "an Australian
>doctor who is selling suspect medical advice from a web
>site (and claiming false qualifications)"

Which is not reporting, or are you suggesting that there is
only one doctor who fits those words?

>He wrote FROM ACAHF!!!!!!!

Indeed I did. That is what happens when I use the ACAHF
computer to send email. You have yet to explain how
revealing my affiliation is simultaneously concealing it.

>Now, that is supposed to be a responsible position,
>answerable to the Australian people, who's tax dollars were
>put into funding acahf. So somewhere around there, this all
>starts to turn dodgy.

I believe that at one stage you mentioned the sponsors of
ACAHF. Perhaps you should read that page again and then get
back to us with details of the government funding. The
office staff at ACAHF are eagerly awaiting the arrival of
the tax dollars.

>> but was inquiring whether certain information is
>> available.
>
>Had he written as an ordinary citizen, and had he only
>asked for the information, then this discussion would not
>now be happening.

Are you suggesting that generic information about medical
registration should not be available to organisations, only
individuals? Had I written as an ordinary citizen, you would
be accusing me of hiding my affiliation.

>> Note that he did not mention Dr. Cabot.
>
>He referred to "an Australian doctor" and made certain
>allegations, signing it as from an ACAHF representative.
>How is the Med Board supposed to respond to that? If they
>fail to follow up on the allegations, they could be
>accused of negligence of similar. And he has brought that
>situation about.

Which allegations are you talking about? As you saw, the
registration board responded by telling me what the
policy was.

>The wheels are in motion for some form of investigation,
>arising from an MHA 'Net discussion.

How are these wheels in motion?

>> The alties go right to the reporting.
>
>Given that his role on acahf should require his acting with
>full responsibility, this present situation is far worse.

What is my role on ACAHF and why is it not responsible of me
to make generic enquiries?

--
Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

>Subject: Re: Fraudulent acahf (Australian Council against health fraud)
>From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
>Date: 3/10/2004 7:57 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>[email protected] wrote:

Like who???????? The two here who have nuked there posts are
Andrew Kingoff and Richard H Jacobson, and you know it.

Do show us which alties or those who are concered about the
adverse reactions of vaccines are ashamed of what they say.

Oh, that's right, I forgot you make things up as you go
along.

Then lie about it.

Jan

Rich is a cyberstalker and he has been stalking Jan for a
long time. John Bain

Just watch *;*

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From: "Mark Probert-March 10, 2004" <Mark
[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative Sent: Thursday, March
> 11, 2004 8:48 AM Subject: Re: Fraudulent acahf (Australian
> Council against health fraud)

> > > If she so wished, she should be free to post as are
> > > all others. She has been slandered, and worse, here on
> > > a discussion group.
> >
> > Since the facts are that she lied about her degree 9note
> > the singular) there was no slander.
>
> There is more than enough evidence of slander or libel, of
> defamation. (Your attempt to cloud what was said,
> notwithstanding)

MY attempt to cloud? Sorry, sweetums, but I posted facts.
Show me where what I posted was not amply discussed.

> (And in case he may be thinking of removing any posts, I
> do have copies, if the relevant person reading this should
> have need of them. I will be most happy to compile them,
> whether according to date of posting or other)

You have that all wrong. Advocates for RealMedicine and
Opponents Against Health Fradu, like having the messages
available, as the messages are excellent examples of the
despicable tactics that Alties engage in to stifle
reasonable inquiry and the free speech of those with whom
they disagree.

You really have got to have your paranoia looked into.