Frazz's Bike Dude Suntan

Jym Dyer

Guest
http://www.comics.com/comics/frazz/archive/frazz-20070624.html

=v= I generally tan the same way: tan circles on the backs of
my hands and parfait-effect legs. I don't have the schmancy
biker sunglasses, but sometimes my helmet straps leave Y-shapes
near my ears.

=v= This year, though, I've had a very hard time finding the
classic cotton crochet bike gloves and my hand tan is suffering.
<_Jym_>

Jym Dyer wrote:
> http://www.comics.com/comics/frazz/archive/frazz-20070624.html
>
> =v= I generally tan the same way: tan circles on the backs of
> my hands and parfait-effect legs. I don't have the schmancy
> biker sunglasses, but sometimes my helmet straps leave Y-shapes
> near my ears.
>
> =v= This year, though, I've had a very hard time finding the
> classic cotton crochet bike gloves and my hand tan is suffering.
> <_Jym_>

Cyling tan pattern is the worst. I have dark arms and shoulders; reddish
face; white hands AND LOWER LEGS! (Fronts of thighs get some color, but
backs and lowers stay white.)

If I ever start running again, it will be purely due to vanity...+

>This year, though, I've had a very hard
>time finding the classic cotton crochet
>bike gloves and my hand tan is suffering.

You mean I'm not the only biker who wears those things for the tan spots
they leave on the back of my hands???!

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

In rec.bicycles.misc Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Jym Dyer wrote:
> > http://www.comics.com/comics/frazz/archive/frazz-20070624.html
> >
> > =v= I generally tan the same way: tan circles on the backs of
> > my hands and parfait-effect legs. I don't have the schmancy
> > biker sunglasses, but sometimes my helmet straps leave Y-shapes
> > near my ears.
> >
> > =v= This year, though, I've had a very hard time finding the
> > classic cotton crochet bike gloves and my hand tan is suffering.
> > <_Jym_>

> Cyling tan pattern is the worst. I have dark arms and shoulders; reddish
> face; white hands AND LOWER LEGS! (Fronts of thighs get some color, but
> backs and lowers stay white.)

I ride home from work most days southward at local solar noon.
Consequently, I have kewl tan rectangles on my forehead where the sun
shines through the openings in my skid lid. Someone at a group ride lunch
recently warned me that I might get teased about them. (I think he
thought I'd acquired them just that day.) I replied that I worked hard
for my rectangles and I'm proud of 'em.

Bill

__o | We must be the change we seek.
_`\(,_ |