Freakin' Squeakin' Look A-3.1's Pedals

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Guest
Subject: says it all, or nearly. Red Delta cleats. Only two weeks old.
Spraying cleats with PTFE spray works for about 20 miles.

Squeak
Squeak
Squeak
Squeak

(help)

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 VW Type 2 -- the Wonderbus (AKA the Saunabus in summer)

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
<[email protected]> a écrit dans le
message de :
news:[email protected]...
> Subject: says it all, or nearly. Red Delta cleats. Only two weeks old.
> Spraying cleats with PTFE spray works for about 20 miles.
>
> Squeak
> Squeak
> Squeak
> Squeak
>
> (help)

Ski wax.
--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

SMMB wrote:

> "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
> <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
> message de :
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Subject: says it all, or nearly. Red Delta cleats. Only two weeks old.
>>Spraying cleats with PTFE spray works for about 20 miles.
>>
>>Squeak
>>Squeak
>>Squeak
>>Squeak
>>
>>(help)

> Ski wax.

Ski wax? (mumble mumble where am I gonna find ski wax in southern
california in May? mumble mumble)

--

On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:48:55 -0700, Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

> SMMB wrote:
>
>> "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
>> <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
>> message de :
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>Subject: says it all, or nearly. Red Delta cleats. Only two weeks old.
>>>Spraying cleats with PTFE spray works for about 20 miles.
>>>
>>>Squeak
>>>Squeak
>>>Squeak
>>>Squeak
>>>
>>>(help)

>> Ski wax.

> Ski wax? (mumble mumble where am I gonna find ski wax in southern
> california in May? mumble mumble)

Ah... surf board wax? :)

Keith Boone wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:48:55 -0700, Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
>

>>SMMB wrote:
>>

>>>"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
>>><[email protected]> a écrit dans le
>>>message de :
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Ski wax.

>>Ski wax? (mumble mumble where am I gonna find ski wax in southern
>>california in May? mumble mumble)

> Ah... surf board wax? :)

Surfboard wax is readily available in these parts. I'll get some and
smoosh it on the cleats and see how it works.

--

<[email protected]> wrote:

>SMMB wrote:
>
>> "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
>> <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
>> message de :
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>Subject: says it all, or nearly. Red Delta cleats. Only two weeks old.
>>>Spraying cleats with PTFE spray works for about 20 miles.
>>>
>>>Squeak
>>>Squeak
>>>Squeak
>>>Squeak
>>>
>>>(help)

>> Ski wax.

>Ski wax? (mumble mumble where am I gonna find ski wax in southern
>california in May? mumble mumble)

PAM

Bob Flumere
[email protected]

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
> Subject: says it all, or nearly. Red Delta cleats. Only two weeks old.
> Spraying cleats with PTFE spray works for about 20 miles.
>
> Squeak
> Squeak
> Squeak
> Squeak
>
> (help)

1.4 drops of TriFlo at pedal-spindle interface.

Bill "will take mind off those damn squeaky cleats for 6.7 seconds" S.

It may not be your pedals. I had a squeek that drove me NUTS!!!!! for
weeks until I discovered thta it was my shoes rubing against the
crank arm. Fixed by a quick cleat adjustment. By the way cleats can
squeek too.

--

Dominic Sansom wrote:

> It may not be your pedals. I had a squeek that drove me NUTS!!!!! for
> weeks until I discovered thta it was my shoes rubing against the
> crank arm. Fixed by a quick cleat adjustment. By the way cleats can
> squeek too.

You're right -- I meant the cleats are squeaking against the pedals.