Fred Bike of the 2000's?!?

Robert Chung wrote:

> 1. I'm not a stalker.
> 2. If I were a stalker, I'd deny being a stalker.
> 3. Now I'm curious what group and what name.
> 4. If I were a stalker, I'd pretend I didn't already know.

to keep within the general theme of this sub thread, i quote a cs post- "what a reassuring
endorsement"

heather

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Heather, you're spot on. KG or whoever the hell he is can't seem to read, especially when I
> replied specifically that he had the wrong sport. I'm
not
> a great cyclist and have never claimed to be as KG has. I despise bragging (and anyone who knows
> me knows that I'm certaintly not that way) and was only responding to KG's comment:
>
> "Mmm hmmm. I didn't get to ride it most of that ten years because I had
> ride team issue bikes."
>
> Now you tell me who is "bragging". My entire rant has been a specific response to KG thinking so
> "highly of himself". If he really was a
champion
> A) he wouldn't act like that and B) he'd probably use his real name.
>
> Your comment "i've been a nc champion in a sport before, so i know the difference between that
> level and where i am now. i have no delusions
about
> my bike racing abilities." is perfectly correct. I wasn't condesending
then
> and I'm not now.
>
> Danny Callen

Hey Danny -

you wrote:

"I'll bet dollars to donuts I can drop more than half of you on a hill."

thank you very much,

KG

"Top Sirloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:45:45 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >What about soft, chubby, fat-looking old guys who 'race' expensive bikes
and
> >think they're athletes?
>
> The only "freds" are the people who don't race and brag about how fast
they are.

> "You should've seen me in the last group ride, I hammered (local fast
racer)
> into the ground!"
>
> I'm at a loss to explain over the overt materialistic envy displayed by cyclists. Maybe it's not
> envy but some kind of anti-capitalist "we
could've
> spent that money on the children/dolphins/trees" backlash. Who cares.
>
> If someone is racing, then they deserved to be called an athlete (you can
still
> call them slow). They may be slow and fat but at least they had the balls
> race.
>
> I don't see the point in denigrating someone who puts a _hobby_ in it's
proper
> perspective and competes as well as they can with the time they have
available
> to train.

You are correct, there's no point in that.

Thing is, a Fred doesn't have things in the proper perspective. Freds say things like "I'll bet
dollars to donuts I can drop more than half of you on a hill" (direct quote) like that Callen
character did earlier in this thread.

Finally, the true non-Fred doesn't care if someone calls them a Fred.

KG