Fred Rodrigues has a new team

Buster

Guest
He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at the
highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

"Buster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
> the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at

the
> highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

would that make fred the 3rd string sprinter behind Steel's and McEwen?
Maybe he'll have more of a classics role.

in article [email protected], Buster at
[email protected] wrote on 9/3/04 9:49 AM:

> He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
> the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at the
> highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

If the Belgian championship is a "smaller race" to you - he beat Boonen -
then yes, I think he's doing OK in the smaller races. I personally think he
just needs the right finish line to shoot for...

-Sonarrat.

> He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
> the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at the
> highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

Funny detail, the Davitamon-Lotto team switches to Ridley frames except Axel Merckx, he will continue to ride his father's frames.

"Buster" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:D[email protected]...
> He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
> the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at the
> highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
> > the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at the
> > highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

> Funny detail, the Davitamon-Lotto team switches to Ridley frames except Axel
> Merckx, he will continue to ride his father's frames.

really? I guess you got a text message from axel about this. asshat.

For me Belgian championship is a smaller race, but he did great in that
championship. He said it himself that he wants to go back to the TDF to see
what he can do there.
Yes he beat Boonen in the Belgian Championship, but it wasn't a sprint. And
Steels is a sprinter in the first place. But with major races I meant the
Tour de France and the Classics. I would like to see him in a pure sprint
with Boonen, Pettachi, Zabel, McEwen...
If he beats these guys then you can say he is back. (let's not forget he has
won 9 TDF stages already

"Sonarrat" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:BD5E787C.90B8%[email protected]...
> in article [email protected], Buster at
> [email protected] wrote on 9/3/04 9:49 AM:
>
> > He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should

lead
> > the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at

the
> > highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

> If the Belgian championship is a "smaller race" to you - he beat Boonen -
> then yes, I think he's doing OK in the smaller races. I personally think

he
> just needs the right finish line to shoot for...
>
> -Sonarrat.

For me Belgian championship is a smaller race, but he did great in that
championship. He said it himself that he wants to go back to the TDF to see
what he can do there.
Yes he beat Boonen in the Belgian Championship, but it wasn't a sprint. And
Steels is a sprinter in the first place. But with major races I meant the
Tour de France and the Classics. I would like to see him in a pure sprint
with Boonen, Pettachi, Zabel, McEwen...
If he beats these guys then you can say he is back. (let's not forget he has
won 9 TDF stages already

"Sonarrat" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:BD5E787C.90B8%[email protected]...
> in article [email protected], Buster at
> [email protected] wrote on 9/3/04 9:49 AM:
>
> > He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should

lead
> > the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at

the
> > highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

> If the Belgian championship is a "smaller race" to you - he beat Boonen -
> then yes, I think he's doing OK in the smaller races. I personally think

he
> just needs the right finish line to shoot for...
>
> -Sonarrat.
>

> > Funny detail, the Davitamon-Lotto team switches to Ridley frames except Axel
> > Merckx, he will continue to ride his father's frames.

> really? I guess you got a text message from axel about this. asshat.

Hey hematocrit pro, it said so on Belgium teletekst and they usually get it right. Better wear that yellow band on your wrist
instead of your neck.

"crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
> > > the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at the
> > > highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

> > Funny detail, the Davitamon-Lotto team switches to Ridley frames except Axel
> > Merckx, he will continue to ride his father's frames.

> really? I guess you got a text message from axel about this. asshat.

"Buster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> He will be riding for the Davitamon - Lotto team next year. He should lead
> the sprint for Tom Steels. I wonder if Steels can make his come back at

the
> highest level, he's doing ok for now in the smaller races...

Rodriguez.

"Buster" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> For me Belgian championship is a smaller race, but he did great in that
> championship. He said it himself that he wants to go back to the TDF to see
> what he can do there.
> Yes he beat Boonen in the Belgian Championship, but it wasn't a sprint. And
> Steels is a sprinter in the first place. But with major races I meant the
> Tour de France and the Classics. I would like to see him in a pure sprint
> with Boonen, Pettachi, Zabel, McEwen...
> If he beats these guys then you can say he is back. (let's not forget he has
> won 9 TDF stages already

I don't think he will do that in the future. He can still win stages
in 2.1 or 2.hc races, but for the Tour, his best days are over. I
actually wonder how things will go for the team if select Steels AND
McEwen for the Tour. Will Steels lead out the sprint for McEwen? I
have no idea. Or will they perform like AG2R with 2 sprinters (Nazon,
Kirsipuu), each doing their own thing.

Kenny